Can anything be done to improve the AI?

Hi all. I have had rf2 for about a year now and have had little joy playing it. I play offline and hence the AI has to be decent for me to enjoy the racing and unfortunately I have not found this to be the case and hence I have not played it alot.

Is there any suggestions or advice I would appreciate it. Thank you.

You can't lump all models AI in one pot !@!

Show me a single thing wrong here ( beside my errors ) and that is 115% strength

and that is online waiting for joiners and 5 years ago

P.S. all because of S397 it is so good ......what a lot of cow dung

Last edited:
That is more for training the AI to use the most efficient lines around a circuit. It does lessen the chance of the AI hitting a fence but won't do much for how the AI interact with you. A-lot of the AI issues pertain to things like the faster cars getting stuck behind a slower car when the slower car is going to pit at the end of that lap. (think of an Oreca getting stuck behind a GT3 for the entire lap if the P2 car catches up just when the AI engages the pit in as it crosses the start finish line. 4 minutes later the P2 will still be behind the pitting car. Another issue is the AI not taking advantage of the draft. Two similar cars will get stuck together, the trailing car will pull out to attempt a pass but then tuck back in due to some failure of the code. Add rain to the mix and the AI can often get confused which tire to use and start an endless cycle of pitting for rain tires, then completeing a few laps before pitting for dry tires and then repeating the wet change again etc.
AI get jumbled during yellow flag laps, often resulting in large gaps as one group follows the pace car and another attempts to get behind a car that should be in front but isn't. The new Zandvoort has an error where the AI scrape the inside of the first turn, The list is long.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back