Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features

Apps Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Oh, ok. I don't know then ;)
I've done some tests now. I think the issue might have been CSP 0.2.2 messing up some things. Vanilla AC is fine, and with original documents files of AC seems that modded AC creates this issue again. So the issue is definetely inside AC folder. Now I'm replacing vanilla AC files over the AC modded folder. If it doesn't work, it must be some file that got added with CSP, like some dlls and such. What is odd is that even uninstalling CSP from content manager, the issue didn't go away. I'll update you with the new findings, so that can help someone in the future

EDIT1: yeah even if i replaced vanilla AC over the modded AC, it's still having issues, so it's some file that was added I guess.

EDIT2: was one of the dlls in the root folder of AC, so yeah, definetely CSP stuff. Odd, since it happened even uninstalling CSP from content manager, but well

EDIT3, fix: delete dwrite.dll from root AC folder, and reinstall CSP (0.1.79, I think 0.2.2 might have caused the issue)

EDIT4: the issue is about acs processes not being correctly closed, and so I'll have multiple running. I am having this issue sometimes, maybe it's because i use alt f4 a lot. When it happens, camera will spin, probably it will try to interact with every acs process it finds. Very strange. A fix could be to check the memory footprint of acs processes, because the zombie processes always take just few kilobytes of memory.

Last edited:
I've done some tests now. I think the issue might have been CSP 0.2.2 messing up some things. Vanilla AC is fine, and with original documents files of AC seems that modded AC creates this issue again. So the issue is definetely inside AC folder. Now I'm replacing vanilla AC files over the AC modded folder. If it doesn't work, it must be some file that got added with CSP, like some dlls and such. What is odd is that even uninstalling CSP from content manager, the issue didn't go away. I'll update you with the new findings, so that can help someone in the future

EDIT1: yeah even if i replaced vanilla AC over the modded AC, it's still having issues, so it's some file that was added I guess.

EDIT2: was one of the dlls in the root folder of AC, so yeah, definetely CSP stuff. Odd, since it happened even uninstalling CSP from content manager, but well

EDIT3, fix: delete dwrite.dll from root AC folder, and reinstall CSP (0.1.79, I think 0.2.2 might have caused the issue)

EDIT4: the issue is about acs processes not being correctly closed, and so I'll have multiple running. I am having this issue sometimes, maybe it's because i use alt f4 a lot. When it happens, camera will spin, probably it will try to interact with every acs process it finds. Very strange. A fix could be to check the memory footprint of acs processes, because the zombie processes always take just few kilobytes of memory.

It's not something I have ever experienced. ;) I never use Alt-F4

sorry - re-read instructions, fixed when I installed the original tool, then copied over 2.2.1.

Not showing in apps list, as suggested here I re-installed 2.2.0 but that doesn't show either (it was fine before I updated to 2.2.1). It's checked ON in AC settings > Python Apps, CSP 0.2.3-preview1 settings > Taskbar is active.

Last edited:
Hi, i have a problem with camtool2. Tool shows up in app settings in content manager (it's turned on), but doesn't show up in game. In the image is a error log. Things i did:
- turned off other apps, that might interfere with camtool
- tried using couple of csp versions
- reinstaled different camtool2 versions (even custom ones from here)
- reinstalled contenet manager and assetto corsa

Idk why, but it seems, that a problem is a python libary, which i kind of wierd
Second photo is after insatling 2.2.1
Pls i need help, because im using assetto for a school project animation

nvm now it does work idk why. two weeks of trying just different things, just to work while writing a post XD

Attachments

• MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png
    MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png
    169.1 KB · Views: 6
  • blad2.png
    blad2.png
    527.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%