Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features

Apps Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features 2.2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ktulu77 submitted a new resource:

Camtool2 extension: specific cameras (cockpit, wheel, chasecam ...) - camtool new feature: enable standard cams (cockpit ...)

Hi, with the permission of the original author, I managed to add a parameter to the camera tab of the Camtool2 app.

How to use it:
The default value of this new field "Specific cam" is "Camtool". If you click on it, it will cycle through standard assetto cameras. Then, when this camera is enabled, it will switch to this instead of the camtool camera.
View attachment 464310
For the moment, I managed to...

Read more about this resource...

Brilliant stuff. Thanks for making this.

I'm just running into an issue with some of the F6 cams. For example any interior cam I lose all the graphics and can only see the shell of the car. However, if I turn off camtool2 while in said view the car interior graphics return.
Any ideas?

Brilliant stuff. Thanks for making this.

I'm just running into an issue with some of the F6 cams. For example any interior cam I lose all the graphics and can only see the shell of the car. However, if I turn off camtool2 while in said view the car interior graphics return.
Any ideas?
Hello and thank you for your comment. I did not have any issue. Can you send me a screenshot? With which car does it happen? Thanks!

Hello and thank you for your comment. I did not have any issue. Can you send me a screenshot? With which car does it happen? Thanks!
I can do even better than that. Here's a video of it in action...

I start with camtool2 turned on and scroll through all the internal F6 cameras. Then I do the same thing with camtool2 turned off.

It doesn't matter what vehicle I use, the same thing happens.

Last edited:
I can do even better than that. Here's a video of it in action...

I start with camtool2 turned on and scroll through all the internal F6 cameras. Then I do the same thing with camtool2 turned off.

It doesn't matter what vehicle I use, the same thing happens.
Thanks! Wow very strange! Maybe it has something to do with your video or CSP settings?
Can you send them to me (there is a share button in Content Manager).
I don't have this problem as you can see on my youtube video. It would be good to know if someone else has also this problem.

Hello ! just installed this update and I notice the fps gain. But the thing is, since the previous version I keep getting stuttering in the replay. Does anyone know why? I did try lowering the graphic settings but the stuttering is still there.

Hey guys, thanks to marocco2's help, I managed to get something like 20% perf gain. But I need help to test that everything is still working well. To test this fix, you can download the file here and replace the one with the same name in your Camtool folder.
The commit information is here.
I did some tests and for me it works well but I didn't test carefully every function.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:
ktulu77 updated Camtool 2 extension: perf fix and more features with a new update entry:

More FPS gain (WIP)

I managed to win another 50% of calculation time for a frame by replacing calls to DLLs by CSP ext functions (thanks to marocco2 for his contribution)

There is some DLLs calls I didn't managed to replace yet as CSP functions are not well documented.

Please give this version a try and tell me if everything is still working as expected.

Don't forget that camtool is now on github and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New patch has really made the performance way better than before, however I'm experiencing a weird issue.

Audio works fine, until I show the CamTool2 App in-game then the Audio all becomes choppy. It remains choppy until I exit the game and restart unless if I forget to hide CamTool2 before exiting.

Additional weird issue which seemed related to this is when I pause the replay, the engine sound of the car(s) will continue to play.

I tested deleting all of the Camtool2 files, reinstalled the original Camtool2 app, and patched the v0.3 release and the problem persists.

UPDATE:
So I tried another clean install of CamTool2 and then v0.1 Patch from here - Audio works fine with App enabled.

Then I applied the patch v0.2 - continues to work fine as well.

Then I applied v0.3 - then the audio becomes choppy as I applied it.

UPDATE 2:
So I tried applying this after v0.2, it causes the choppy audio as well (This is the same link above provided by the author).

Last edited:
New patch has really made the performance way better than before, however I'm experiencing a weird issue.

Audio works fine, until I show the CamTool2 App in-game then the Audio all becomes choppy. It remains choppy until I exit the game and restart unless if I forget to hide CamTool2 before exiting.

Additional weird issue which seemed related to this is when I pause the replay, the engine sound of the car(s) will continue to play.

I tested deleting all of the Camtool2 files, reinstalled the original Camtool2 app, and patched the v0.3 release and the problem persists.

UPDATE:
So I tried another clean install of CamTool2 and then v0.1 Patch from here - Audio works fine with App enabled.

Then I applied the patch v0.2 - continues to work fine as well.

Then I applied v0.3 - then the audio becomes choppy as I applied it.

UPDATE 2:
So I tried applying this after v0.2, it causes the choppy audio as well (This is the same link above provided by the author).

Hi, thanks for your help!

For v 0.2, I don't think I touched anything about sound.
For the version 0.3 though, there is some things that could be related to it.
On the file "CamToolTool.py", at the end, there is this code:
def get_volume(self):
# self.__path.GetVolume.restype = ctypes.c_float
# return self.__path.GetVolume()
return ac.ext_getAudioVolume()

def set_volume(self, value):
# self.__path.SetVolume.argtypes = [ctypes.c_float]
# self.__path.SetVolume.restype = ctypes.c_bool
# return self.__path.SetVolume(value)
return ac.ext_setAudioVolume(value)

--> basically, all lines starting by "#" are old codes which are disabled. You can try revert to the old code by removing these # and add a # at the begining of the new code which doesn't have a # Like this:

def get_volume(self):
self.__path.GetVolume.restype = ctypes.c_float
return self.__path.GetVolume()
# return ac.ext_getAudioVolume()

def set_volume(self, value):
self.__path.SetVolume.argtypes = [ctypes.c_float]
self.__path.SetVolume.restype = ctypes.c_bool
return self.__path.SetVolume(value)
#return ac.ext_setAudioVolume(value)

Can you test and tell us if there is still a problem ? Maybe, you can try also with the functions just on top of these ones about replay and if the problem is still here after these changes.

Some other questions:
- does this bug occurs only on replay ?
- can you confirm that this only happens on version 0.3 ?

The changes made on version 0.3 are just on this file "CamToolTool.py" so you could try applying the fix on a fresh camtool2 without the version 0.2 to be sure the problem is from this file and not modifications from v0.2

I think it would be better to track bugs/issues on github here: https://github.com/tmeedend/camtool/issues because it's not easy to keep track of them on RaceDepartment.I have also created a board for things we could add: https://github.com/tmeedend/camtool/projects/1

Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%