Camera tilt in cockpit view

Is there a way to tilt camera up/down in cockpit view? Editing orientationoffset in default.cam or individual car.cam doesn't seem to have effect. I'm used to use it in AC and really missing it in AMS.

Thanks in advance.

Edit.
Here's how to:
In each cars' folder (in gamedata/vehicles) is located .cam file. Open it with text editor (for example notepad) and find the column "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and edit the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000). The first value is to pitch the camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values).

Last edited:
Is there a way to tilt camera up/down in cockpit view? Editing orientationoffset in default.cam or individual car.cam doesn't seem to have effect. I'm used to use it in AC and really missing it in AMS.

Thanks in advance.
This camera customization feature should be a de facto standard in cockpit view realtime. Having this primary view control panel is visually the fastest way to get any user to become comfortable with any game. Comfortable to enough to really enjoy all the other fine intricacies and dimensions of the game as a whole!

Some people can never get past their uncomfortable camera. This would alleviate that from happening.

Thank you for such a feature/content rich work of art, BTW.

This camera customization feature should be a de facto standard in cockpit view realtime.

I'll second that! – There is in fact a quite ancient sim doing exceedingly well in this department: Live For Speed. :p After more than 14 years on the market it still is one of the easiest sims to adapt to the user!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 965
I believe he means tilt an angle. I would like to see this feature for sure . I like moving up in the seat and slight angle down towards the hood. This is and opion in other game's. But I don't see it in this games menu.

Isn't this what "TV cockpit" already is? It's a little higher, angled toward the nose of the car. What I would really like is to have the virtual mirrors a bit more customizable. If I'm in a formula car, I just want the two side mirrors, not the middle rear view.

Regardless, more customization in the views/angles would definitely be welcome.

Damn I've missed that tv cockpit. Gonna try it now, hope it's what I'm looking for. Thanks.

I use tilt up/down (Camera Tilt Up - Camera Tilt Down in controls) but I have assign them to an axis in my button box, I haven't try to assign it to buttons.
To 2 other axis I also have Camera Move Forward/Backward and Camera Move Up/Down.
All are working fine from the cockpit camera.

TV cockpit cam was not the solution sadly.

I use tilt up/down (Camera Tilt Up - Camera Tilt Down in controls) but I have assign them to an axis in my button box, I haven't try to assign it to buttons.
To 2 other axis I also have Camera Move Forward/Backward and Camera Move Up/Down.
All are working fine from the cockpit camera.

But this is much more feacible. Doesn't work as needed with binding to buttons. But I have TM Hotas Warthog gas box, I can get needed axis with it.

Thanks for the tip.

I still hope we get an official solution for this at some point.

Just a quick request that solution NOT be specific only to cockpit view but usable in any view including bumper and bonnet views. Also, in many cases (possibly even better solution although some purists may not like) simply allowing infinite range of seat adjustment would do the trick. Is this easy to accomplish in text file somewhere and does anyone know the line that needs to be changed?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you edited the right parameters? I just did it for all the cars and it works perfectly fine.
Just go to the column "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and edit the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000). The first value is to pitch the camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values). I'm using 0.15 for a view that's slightly upwards.

Are you sure you edited the right parameters? I just did it for all the cars and it works perfectly fine.
Just go to the column "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and edit the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000). The first value is to pitch the camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values). I'm using 0.15 for a view that's slightly upwards.

Yup. Tried with several different negative values, even ridicilous ones, but no effect. Did you edit default.cam or each cars own .cam file?

Edit. Reading again your message I guess you did it in each cars' own .cam. I've tried both with no joy, gonna try again.

Just go to the column "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and edit the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000). The first value is to pitch the camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values).

OK, out of curiosity I have to ask - what do other values modify? I imagine one of them rotates the camera from left to right, but would be nice to get a confirmation. :D Thanks in advance!

Okay, I investigated a bit into this:

The three values in the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.00000, 0.00000)" do the following:

1st) tilt camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values)
2nd) swivel (=look) right (positive values) and left (negative values)
3rd) tilt camera left (positive values) and right (negative values) which tilts the horizon as well

The range of the numbers is based on pi (roughly 3.141592) which is equivalent to 180 degrees. So for 90 degrees it's 1,570796 and so on.

If you want the camera to look straight back, for example, you have to use the values 0.00000, 3.141592, 0.00000.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%