Camera Movement

Do you mean "look at" or "look from"? To get a passenger view you must edit the view from the car files; simplest way is to extend the range of seat adjustment so you can "slide" across to the passenger side.

@jgf
I'm not aware of a possible move left or right for the seats in GTR2 .... front-rear and up-down for sure, but never saw a left-right.
What you explain will allow to modify a static position but once saved, the view will remain in the passenger's seat and will not be able in game to be modified to show the usual driver's place.

There's maybe a mod I shouldn't know of ?

Reactions: jgf
I believe you are correct, it's been ages since I've tweaked any of that (beyond minor tweaks to the range of seat adjustment). But the default view can be adjusted within the car's files, whether this will create an acceptable "passenger" view is dependent on the particular car modeling. In mods offering both LHD and RHD versions you can edit a RHD view with LHD graphics, though again the results are variable.

Admittedly I'm curious why someone would want a passenger view in a race car, this is the second thread I've seen regarding this. But it's interesting to see how well it works. Reminds me of people in FlightSim who wanted a cabin view rather than a pilot view.

Anyway if it is only for replay ... the solution is create a copy of the .car file of the car, modify the x position of the driver in order to be at the passenger's seat and save it somewhere else.
For driving, you use the usual .car file .... and afterwards, before having a look at the replay, you place the modified one in the car folder.... and that's done for the moment before using the original one for the next drive.

NB: In this point of view, just having an "Option folder" with those 2 .car files and copy from there into the car folder ( copy and not move in order to keep both originals intact ) is the easiest way to work.

There's no original server left for GTR2 and I think it might surely be the same for Race07 and additions.
Most leagues still using GTR2 are using the IP adresses to allow their members to see and join their servers.... but I'm aware that GTR2 leagues ( and surely Race07 ) are just a tiny few ones left.

EDIT: I remember I did it once in my ex-league with AC ( or at the end of Race07 ) using this system for GTR2 and it worked.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years