Camera Mod

Misc Camera Mod 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
for the 1) i don't know, i tried 3 times and never experienced the issue, i don't think it's related to my mod, and for the 2) you can't do that sadly

So i tested it more and it looks like its doing only with the My Team car (renault engine) in my team career mode. i tried it with few different cars outside of career and the TV cam worked without problems in the pits. Could you please check the renault my car file if there isnt something wrong with it that is causing this? Because its ok on clean install, but as soon as i use your camera mod, its starts happening. thanks

So i tested it more and it looks like its doing only with the My Team car (renault engine) in my team career mode. i tried it with few different cars outside of career and the TV cam worked without problems in the pits. Could you please check the renault my car file if there isnt something wrong with it that is causing this? Because its ok on clean install, but as soon as i use your camera mod, its starts happening. thanks
it does with every camera or it does with a specific one ?

how do i insert the mod for myteam cars?

1595452305367.png

Attachments

• 1595451951451.png
    1595451951451.png
    312 bytes · Views: 70
Last edited:
I use the racenet car for myteam, and there I installed a mod, as soon as I insert the cameramod, the car I use becomes pixelated and returns with the livery of the first. can you tell me which file exactly i need to replace in order not to make this happen?
you use the automatic installation, so it replace the skin you installed, so it's perfectly normal that your skin disappear and become blurry. you need to install it manually using ego erp archiver like in my instruction

it does with every camera or it does with a specific one ?
like i said in the first post, it does it with the TV camera. it is doing in my team with renault engine and only with your mod installed. on clean install its ok (to recap so you dont have to find it - when you pit and the mechanics are supposed to be changing your tyres, if you use TV camera (for the purpose of nice TV shots in the video or for screenshots) the car and the mechanics completely dissappear and there is nothing just the empty road and once the car goes out of the pitbox, it reapears back again and you can see it.
EDIT: i am sorry, i once again tried verify integrity of the steam files and the bug is there even without your mod so its not the problem of your mod but problem of the game. sorry

Last edited:
I wanted to use only two cameras ... what is the name of the command line inside the camera's pkg file, related to the 360 degree camera and the one facing the pilot's face?

I want to use only a few of these different camera angles too - but haven't used ego erp archiver before & it's all going over my head...

Any chance you're willing/able to share some instructions on how to edit the camera's pkg file?

Or if there is already a tutorial/guide/instruction somewhere, if anyone can link it to me I would be grateful!

I want to use only a few of these different camera angles too - but haven't used ego erp archiver before & it's all going over my head... Any chance you're willing/able to share some instructions on how to edit the camera's pkg file? Or if there is already a tutorial/guide/instruction somewhere, if anyone can link it to me I would be grateful!

Spent some time yesterday diving through all the files in this mod (as well as the original files it replaces) to understand what values do what. I've now got something I'm quite happy with, so posting this info for other replay nerds who want to fiddle with the team_name-camscargame.layer.json files from @G2_70 's mod:

CamWing = Left nose, looking ahead;
CamWing_Left = 360 camera;
CamWing_right = Alternate TV-Pod offset;
CamWing_reverse = Right sidepod, overlooking RR tyre;
CamNose = Dashboard, looking back at driver;
CamNose_left = Driver's shoulder (Wide FOV);
CamNose_right = Drivers's shoulder (Narrow FOV - Merc W11 Style);
CamNose_reverse = Left sidepod, overlooking LR tyre;

Also, because the 360 camera in this mod didn't work for me as intended (turning my wheel doesn’t rotate the camera) for whatever reason, I decided to revert to the original "CamWing_Left" & "CameraAttachmentPointWing_left" values instead....

Other tweaks I made which might be of use to other replay nerds are:

- Adding "Selectable Vehicle Camera": "bool False" to disable any cameras I don't want to cycle through (While driving & Watching replays). Putting this line under the "Camera group" over ride for whichever camera angle you don't care for stops them from appearing when you cycle through cameras either while driving or watching replays. I've disabled CamChase, CamChaseFar, CamPod, CamPod_reverse & CamPodOffset, but these can still be accessed by pausing during a session & changing the "Driving Camera" setting in the pause menu;

- Adding "TV feed camera": "bool True" (again to the "Camera group" over ride) to enable any particular camera you want to cycle through periodically while watching the TV feed (works while watching the monitor while in pits or when watching the "TV feed" during replays) (NOTE: The more 'On Car' cameras you've got with this on, the less 'trackside' views you'll get);

- Alternating between 90 & -90 on the middle value under "Rotation" over ride for "CameraAttachmentPointWing_Left" for each team adds a bit of variety when using this camera & cycling through the field during replays (e.g. Ferrari, Haas, McLaren, Red Bull & Alpha Tauri looks at the Left FW endplate while the other teams look at the Right FW endplate).

- As above, Alternating between "Selectable Vehicle Camera": "bool True" & "Selectable vehicle camera": "bool False" for "CamWing_reverse", "CamNose_reverse", "CamNose_left" & "CamNose_right" for each team, makes it so 5 teams use on combo of Shoulder & Rear view camera while the remaining 5 teams use the other combination - again, for a bit more variety when cycling through the field during replays;

Here’s a demo

:whistling:

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 204 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline