Camera Groups

I've read the help section, I've set up multiple cameras into those in Group 1 and those in Group 2.

My problem: Group 2 cameras are used by RFactor on the first lap, then on all subsequent laps only Group 1 cameras are used.

Am I missing something? Is RFactor supposed to flip between groups every time a new lap is started? Any hints, tips, etc, anybody?

Much appreciated. :)

This is what I noticed some time ago when playng with different groups... say you start on say group 1 cameras. The car drives out of range of the current group 1 camera and has not yet hit another group 1 activation point. If the car is out of any activation points for too long (no idea how long) then it will switch to the next group. I seem to remember it switching groups even though the car hadn't entered the activation range of the other group. It really seemed to be an issue of the car not being within any camera activation range that triggered the switch.

Since I was looking for this, might as well post my findings... 7 years later...

From rFactor version 1.2.50 release notes:
" Support for up to four trackside camera groups. "Groups=<x>" where x is the sum of the values for which groups it belongs to: 1=group 1, 2=group 2, 4=group 3, 8=group 4. It is recommended that the camera that shows vehicles crossing the start/finish line belong to each available camera group, as the default behavior is to CYCLE through the camera groups every time the currently-viewed vehicle crosses the start/finish line. The trackside camera control can also be used to select a specific camera group (which, unlike the CYCLE mode, will not change camera groups when vehicles cross the start/finish line). Finally, if track-makers wish to start with trackside group 1 rather than the CYCLE mode, they can set "Trackside1First = 1" in the track GDB file. "

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.9%