Camera Bumps / Shakiness?

I haven't played a lot of GSC lately, as I've been dabbling with iRacing and Assetto Corsa. However, open wheelers were calling my name, and naturally I went back to GSC for those.

However, I can't seem to get used to the bumps and the way the camera reacts. I've messed with the 'Head Movement' setting, and that seems to deal with the head motion during braking/accelerating, but not the bumps. And I couldn't really see what 'Exaggerate YAW' did.

I'm not sure how to word this, but Assetto Corsa fixed the issue with the 'Lock Camera to Horizon' feature, where the car bounces beneath you, but the world/horizon is locked on screen and smooth, making it easier to look into corners.

The way that GSC does it right now, makes me feel like I'm drunk or just cannot focus on anything while driving. This is mainly a problem so far with the Formula 3's at Montreal.

I'm assuming/hoping that there's a setting somewhere to fix this, or any other remedy.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

Real Head Motion plugin DOES do exactly that. You only have to try it to see that it makes the car move around the player's view, instead of the horizon. And reading magicfr's explanation also confirm it.
As someone who has suffered from this travel sickness / sea sickness problem for years, I can say without a doubt that the Real head Motion plugin eradicates the problem for me.
If I drive out of the pits in rFactor 2 or GSC without the plugin installed, I can feel my head start swimming in the space of a single lap. Install the plugin and it is fixed. That's all I need to know :)

if it suits you there's no argue about that. i'm actually using it in par with the cam modification. but i'm still gonna disagree. its very clear stated in the ini file:

Let's call Alpha the angle betwwen View Direction and Cockpit Direction
//----- Speed for view direction to follow the cockpit
//----- low value mean more filtering/delay,don't use negative value
//----- High value mean stiffer view, 1 is Maximum, 1 means view is not filtered, no delay with cockpit

//----- The neutral value is to have a different speed when the head is going back to neutral

//----- The HighAngleFactor is to control the speed for max Angle,if you set to 10 for example, the head will
//----- move ten time faster when close to max Angle than when close to neutral.

it introduces more coefficients to control the relative speed between cockpit and head. nothing to do with horizon.that's why guys who even zeroed all relative to head movement values in plr file still complained. i hope reiza wont change the track and instead of that make a slider or something to change the OrientationRate on the fly. anyway, why dont u try changing the cam file and play a bit with higher/lower numbers? u may find something interesting

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back