Camera Bumps / Shakiness?

I haven't played a lot of GSC lately, as I've been dabbling with iRacing and Assetto Corsa. However, open wheelers were calling my name, and naturally I went back to GSC for those.

However, I can't seem to get used to the bumps and the way the camera reacts. I've messed with the 'Head Movement' setting, and that seems to deal with the head motion during braking/accelerating, but not the bumps. And I couldn't really see what 'Exaggerate YAW' did.

I'm not sure how to word this, but Assetto Corsa fixed the issue with the 'Lock Camera to Horizon' feature, where the car bounces beneath you, but the world/horizon is locked on screen and smooth, making it easier to look into corners.

The way that GSC does it right now, makes me feel like I'm drunk or just cannot focus on anything while driving. This is mainly a problem so far with the Formula 3's at Montreal.

I'm assuming/hoping that there's a setting somewhere to fix this, or any other remedy.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

I haven't played a lot of GSC lately, as I've been dabbling with iRacing and Assetto Corsa. However, open wheelers were calling my name, and naturally I went back to GSC for those.

However, I can't seem to get used to the bumps and the way the camera reacts. I've messed with the 'Head Movement' setting, and that seems to deal with the head motion during braking/accelerating, but not the bumps. And I couldn't really see what 'Exaggerate YAW' did.

I'm not sure how to word this, but Assetto Corsa fixed the issue with the 'Lock Camera to Horizon' feature, where the car bounces beneath you, but the world/horizon is locked on screen and smooth, making it easier to look into corners.

The way that GSC does it right now, makes me feel like I'm drunk or just cannot focus on anything while driving. This is mainly a problem so far with the Formula 3's at Montreal.

I'm assuming/hoping that there's a setting somewhere to fix this, or any other remedy.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!
GSC Extreme is a fantastic game and really fun to drive. I give it a 9 out of 10. The problem is I have Vertigo pretty bad and since virtually all other games have settings for those of us with this problem I will continue to drive and use them. I looked at the Real Head Motion by magicfr and it does not do the trick. I can drive rFactor all day and not have a problem with my vertigo. This is the only reason I will not buy this game. And I want to drive GSC Extreme because it feels so natural. I can't read a book in a real car or I get sick. Except for the fact that after about 10 minutes of driving GSCE I want to throw up I love this game. Please fix this and I will buy this game and suggest others do so as well.

GSC Extreme is a fantastic game and really fun to drive. I give it a 9 out of 10. The problem is I have Vertigo pretty bad and since virtually all other games have settings for those of us with this problem I will continue to drive and use them. I looked at the Real Head Motion by magicfr and it does not do the trick. I can drive rFactor all day and not have a problem with my vertigo. This is the only reason I will not buy this game. And I want to drive GSC Extreme because it feels so natural. I can't read a book in a real car or I get sick. Except for the fact that after about 10 minutes of driving GSCE I want to throw up I love this game. Please fix this and I will buy this game and suggest others do so as well.

I feel for you.

I don't have vertigo, and have never felt 'sick' playing a game, ever. Except for this problem.

However, I have found that the problem is VERY track/car combo related. Only a few tracks are unbearable (Montreal being one of them), and if you're in a stiff-suspensioned open-wheeler, you're going to feel those bumps very bad.

So lately, since I basically only race open-wheelers in GSC, I tend to stick towards the smoother tracks.

Hopefully one day we'll get a setting to have the car bounce beneath us, and the horizon stay still... It's much more natural.

for people suffering motion sickness, suggested settings in every car's cam file under "cockpit" instance: OrientationRate=(29.5, 999.000, 29.5)

it will cause minimum to unnoticeable jitter but will result to more natural eye sight movement. maybe reiza should try. the effect is similar to AC's lock to horizon

I tried that orientationrate setting in the .cam file on the stock cars which indeed shake like crazy but doesn't really make any difference that I notice.

It doesn't really make me feel sick but I agree if you come from other sims it does take a bit of getting used too again so an option would be good.

i think u should try more extreme values just to see how they affect camera/eyesight movement. the above numbers suit my flavour. they alter pitch, yaw, roll respectively. i never touch yaw. just to test it, try something like "5, 999, 5" and youll see how the environment will stabilize and only the car will bounce. ofcourse you have to edit the "cockpit" instance to have an impact in cockpit view

ps: these settings work in conjunction with head movement settings in plr file. if you have big numbers there you're still gonna have shaky sight

Last edited:
Sorry for those who have problems.:( But for me is all OK. At first it may cost, but once you get used to is the best dive of all sims available.:thumbsup:

This is how it actually looks a pilot

So seen in GSCE. Absolutely perfect.

Here a sim, in which the visual imersion sucks.

This detail, apart from many others, make it stand out from the rest sims. The head movement and visual immersion GSCE, is the best of all sims by far.

Please Reiza not change anything. ;)

video showcases the shaking of the camera. what we really see in the end has nothing to do with that. our eyes have reflex movement in order to focus our sight on a target and stabilize the image. unless you have ever seen such a moving environment when driving your car. AC has a feature to completely lock the sight to horizon which is also not realistic because extraocular muscles cant compansate completely g forces from a point and above obviously. thats why i suggested 29.5 and not 0

In a street car, never going to get to have G forces close to 4. Our neck will never be able to experience that driving a car in street.

This extreme movement or try an F1, or we'll never know what it feels like. Even straight.

But what if I have clear. Is that real pilots heads, do not stop moving and shaking.

Try to shake your head a lot, or simulate G on your neck, even when stationary. GSCE you can see, it looks a lot closer to reality than AC, RF2 and any other sim.

If the head is in constant motion, which is safe, other sims are unrealistic in that aspect. Why not move anything.

I love the immersion of GSCE, because I think that is closer to reality. Maybe not perfect, but to me if I seem the best by far.

Excuse me if I do not express myself well, I'm not English.:thumbsup:

Sorry for those who have problems.:( But for me is all OK. At first it may cost, but once you get used to is the best dive of all sims available.:thumbsup:

This detail, apart from many others, make it stand out from the rest sims. The head movement and visual immersion GSCE, is the best of all sims by far.

Well I'm sure any changes Reiza have made will be for the best. But just to be on the safe side I have made a backup copy of the current Montreal as I really love this version :)

I'll share my experience. I don't like the camera shaking as well. It's perfetc for youtube, but it's terrible to drive. In real life, we are able to focus on something when you are in movement or shaking for any reason, but it's impossible when you are not moving at all, but the focused object is shaking in front of you. We are not cameras, we need to have the driver perspective. We may never feel a real driver feeling in a sim, but it's a mistake to use cameras perspective as a rule to this subject as suggested by @Thug-Life.

I found a sollution and it's simmilar to the one @stefaandk suggested:

Go to GameData>Vehicles>StockV8(Choose the Car you want to change)>StockV8_Cams.cam (open with a note pad.

Go to:

LocalCam=COCKPIT
{
Fov=(60.000000, 60.000000)
Clear=TRUE
Color=(164, 218, 249)
ClipPlanes=(0.075000, 500.000000)
LODMultiplier=(1.000000)
Size=(1.000000, 1.000000)
Center=(0.500000, 0.500000)
MipmapLODBias=(0.000000)
Flags1=(0)
Flags2=(0)
RadiusLimits=(0.000000, 0.000000)
OrientationRate=(999.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000)
PositionOffset=(0.000000, -0.0, 0.0000)
OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000)
Radius=(0.000000)
}

Go to:

OrientationRate=(999.000000, 999.000000, 999.000000)

and change to something between 001 and 035 as you like. I use mine in 010, as follows:

OrientationRate=(010.000000, 010.000000, 010.000000)

There you are!!! After a long research that's the solution I found. Hope it will help others as well. :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing your experience @GGT_Will and give a solution for those who do not like as extreme movement.

I'll prove it. But I'm hooked to drive like in that video. Lol.

From your experience I guess'll agree that the way AC moves, is very poor too static. Or not?

Thanks again.:thumbsup:

you can fix that in Assetto Corsa with the real head motion add on. works great.

Real Head Motion plugin works great in GSC as well. It steadies the horizon and moves the car around the driver. It works brilliantly and I never drive without it, and it also means I can drive over the bumps at Montreal without getting the sickness/dizziness problems that others have described. :)

did u guys even read what i wrote? :)
yes and you arent the first person to say that. BUT most people want to feel more immersed into the game. This adds a little bit more immersion despite it not being realistic.. None of these games are "realistic" anyway. If they were they wouldnt be fun at all. For instance, if you have a bad crash in the game and the car is still drive-able and or your driver doesnt suffer any trauma.. :)

did u guys even read what i wrote? :)
Yes, and I think we are saying the same thing. In my opinion, we DO lock our eyes to the world outside the car, and the car moves around us. No matter how bumpy the ride, our brain works to balance it by focussing on where we are going i.e the view outside the vehicle. That is why seasick passengers are told to 'look out to the horizon' - it helps them to balance their vision. This is what Real Head Motion plugin does, and it works for me :)

i never advised anyone to use any settings, no matter how realistic or not they are. i just tried to help someone who from what i can understand suffers from positional vertigo. and also i never claimed originality. all of this may be wellknown but from what i see noone bothered to help a fellow simracer, not to mention how much he will benefit from this 'common' knowledge.

@Keith: real head motion plugin wont do that. it just adds more and realistic coefficients to head movement and the ability to calibrate them more extensive than default settings

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 361 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 501 39.0%