Camber values

Chris

Premium
I need a bit of clarification when it comes to the camber values.

When you're in the setup screen, and your setting the camber settings, the help description that appears says that:
"Raising the value makes the wheel gain negative camber"
And:
"Lowering the value makes the wheel lose negative camber"

But when you look at the slider setting,
Decreasing the slider, results in more negative camber, instead of increasing it.

And when you increase the slider, the number gets bigger, which means less negative camber.

In this something that has been lost in translation or something? Because my brain, and any logic is telling me that the lower the number = more negative camber (top of the wheel leans inwards). But the help description says the opposite.

Edit:
Oh also, on a completely unrelated note, if anyone has any tips for learning to use an H-Shifter, it would be massively appreciated.

For me, shifting up is fine. I'm using a G27, but because the brake pedal is so stiff, I find it really difficult to brake and downshift nicely with a clutch and everything.

Last edited:
The description is talking about the VALUE and not the Slider bar, thus it's correct.

I guess you are new to the G27, with that opinion. It's pretty simple to brake and downshift or even heel+toe. It's not as stiff once you get used to it. Takes a few hours of practice to get used to, at most.

The description is talking about the VALUE and not the Slider bar, thus it's correct.

I guess you are new to the G27, with that opinion. It's pretty simple to brake and downshift or even heel+toe. It's not as stiff once you get used to it. Takes a few hours of practice to get used to, at most.
I've had the G27 for almost a year now, but this is the first time I've tried to use the H shifter + Clutch.

It doesn't feel anything like my road car haha.

Edit:
I'm still confused, if the value is increased, then the number gets bigger (less negative). Shouldn't that mean that there's less negative camber?

It's also confusing because it's in degrees. So if were to go from -1.9degs to -2.6degs, the number is getting smaller, which in theory means there should be more negative camber.... Right?
The description says the opposite.

Edit 2:
I've also tested it, and the lower the number, the more agile the car is, with more mid turn grip. And when I increase the number, the car feels horrible. It understeers, as Martin Brundle says, "like a cross channel ferry".

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Now that you said it and I read it a few more times you are indeed right. I didn't really notice that, and racing junkies will know what to do with a camber setting anyway, still needs a fix as a "mainstream" game though.

On the other hand, I dunno about your G27, but I never expected it to feel like the real thing. I mean, it's a toy shifter without resistance. It's never going to be even close to how the real car feels, especially with the fact that clutch and shifter works totally separately.

Ahhh I've figured it out.

Turns out that the description in the help panel thing is wrong. But it seems like a simple typo that can be easily corrected and reverted.

When you decrease the camber, it does give more negative camber, because you can see the camber value change on the car silhouette thing, which has all the pressure, cambers, etc of each wheel.

/solved.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back