Camaro Handling?

I tried driving this tank yesterday to see if anything had been changed and it still handles like a Suburban. Does anyone else not see a problem with this one car? I have never driven this generation Camaro but I have owned 2 1985 IROC's and one 84 Z28 and they all handled pretty stiff and go kart like with very little body roll. Does the new generation Camaro really have as much body roll as a full size SUV?

This thing feels like the physics guys made a mistake and input the vehicle weight at 2,000lbs heavier than it really is or there are 4 morbidly obese passengers in the car with the driver out for a late night beer and pizza run.

I'm with you on this, I don't know why this car handles like it does in GSCE. I have driven this generation and the real car handles quite good. For reference, I wonder if the comparison cars below would handle like a boat if put into GSCE. The only thing is we don't have another street car to compare.
upload_2015-2-22_15-44-47.png

upload_2015-2-22_15-45-1.png

upload_2015-2-22_15-45-23.png

I really like the Camaro's handling. It's one of my very favourites in fact. For me, there's definitely no mistakes made in its physics. Isn't it just that the tyres are street tyres, and its suspension is soft like a street car's?

I did find the handling difficult at first but not any more. It gets easy when you spend a bit more time in it.

its a US muscle car, of course its going to handle like crap! lol..
I driven this car quite a bit saturday around salvador, and once you know its limit it gets easier to drive.
So your saying that the European cars above handle like crap - the Lotus, Aston, and Porsche? Because the crap US muscle Camaro SS can lap similar times IRL.
Note, I have had many US muscle cars over the years, today I drive an Infiniti and BMW.

err its 20 secs off the Porsche at the ring, I would say that's not even in the same league. A track with lots of corners fast bends and what not. yeah I would say its lacking in handling compared to the Porsche. Also the other tracks I would say are dominated by long straights so giving the Camaro an edge on brute power. But you've also compared it to a mid 90s lotus, and a aston which is more in the grand tourer sector than race bred sports car.

The real Camaro SS has cornering forces peaking slightly under 1G - most sources have it around .9g . That´s fairly within the standards of a sporty road car and would feel pretty darn solid in real life, but in a sim (where one can never quite perceive 150 km/h as 150 km/h) it might feel distinctively tank-like when coming from a full blown race car.

We had a fairly detailed spec sheet so not many question marks to the car physics in general. Tyres are never quite beyond any shadow of doubt, and the tyres in the Camaro like the other cars have received several updates along the way, but what we have now is certainly not far off:

err its 20 secs off the Porsche at the ring, I would say that's not even in the same league. A track with lots of corners fast bends and what not. yeah I would say its lacking in handling compared to the Porsche. Also the other tracks I would say are dominated by long straights so giving the Camaro an edge on brute power. But you've also compared it to a mid 90s lotus, and a aston which is more in the grand tourer sector than race bred sports car.
Actually I think it is the other way around... the Porsche has the power edge so the long Nords allows it to make a lot of time in the straight sections. Handling is more noticeable on the shorter tracks. And I wouldn't normally compare a Camaro to a 911, the cost isn't in the same ballpark and market segment completely different but performance is not that far apart. If I was comparing "race bred sports cars" I would be including the newer Corvettes, Vipers, etc.. to a 911. Without considering the Porsche, so you would say the Aston and Lotus are boats?
Europeans (some!) seem to hang on to some of the characteristics of the 50's and 60's US muscle cars. I have to admit, my opinion of European cars back in the 60's was not too favorable either (very underpowered cracker boxes) but times have change, for the better, for cars built on both sides of the pond.

Last edited:
its a US muscle car, of course its going to handle like crap! lol..
I driven this car quite a bit saturday around salvador, and once you know its limit it gets easier to drive.

Comments like this are outdated and show a lack of knowledge of the current crop of American performance vehicles over the last decade. Comments like this are often followed by "the Corvette has leaf springs from an ox-cart" yet it performs as well or better than European cars that cost 2-3x more.

Last edited:
The real Camaro SS has cornering forces peaking slightly under 1G - most sources have it around .9g . That´s fairly within the standards of a sporty road car and would feel pretty darn solid in real life, but in a sim (where one can never quite perceive 150 km/h as 150 km/h) it might feel distinctively tank-like when coming from a full blown race car.

We had a fairly detailed spec sheet so not many question marks to the car physics in general. Tyres are never quite beyond any shadow of doubt, and the tyres in the Camaro like the other cars have received several updates along the way, but what we have now is certainly not far off:

I agree, going from all of the race content in GSCE to a street car will feel quite different. One thing may be the tires, very noisy. The tires on my 135i at the limit are very quiet.

I really like the Camaro's handling. It's one of my very favourites in fact. For me, there's definitely no mistakes made in its physics. Isn't it just that the tyres are street tyres, and its suspension is soft like a street car's?

I did find the handling difficult at first but not any more. It gets easy when you spend a bit more time in it.
I agree. I spent a couple of hours tonight with the Camaro at Cordoba and had an absolute blast. The car is so much fun to drive, once you spend some time and get the hang of it, and I am so glad that Reiza included it in the sim.

PS: Cordoba at 5:00 pm with max shadows just looks fantastic...
GSC 2015-02-23 21-53-26-193.jpg
GSC 2015-02-23 21-48-15-625.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 112 7.6%