RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

My pace was a serious mess up today, or rather lack of pace.

Race 1:
I got smashed up the back and all hell broke loose. Came on towards the back and tried to continue. Did a few laps and parked it.

Race 2:
Started getting gearbox issues which caused me havoc. Decided to play safe and park it.

WD guys

although about 1/2 -1 sec off the pace really enjoyed this. Racing with you guys guarantees close competitive action.

quali, forgot to remove fuel and ended up in tail end of grid.

race 1. got a good flow going, still really learning the track. wee tap on Gunthar at t3 when he came to a stop due to incident ahead of him - golden rule applied and dropped to back of grid. Main incident of note was when Rhys went airbourne in T1 and managed to land on my front left quarter... puncture left front tyre just past pit entrance was what greeted me so a long limp around the circuit (that'll explain that to those that thought what on earth is he doing!). wanted to get as many laps in as possible though, i just enjoy racing!

race 2. good start but no where to go due to narrow track and poor start from ken. had to ease off but maybe played into my favour as major incident in t1. had to swerve violently at one point but no sounds of connection so i drove on. big blue blur of richard at hairpin at end of main straight greeted me on lap 4-5ish as he took major avoidence action. found myself in 6th at one point - very happy, but soon mucked that up and dropped to 10th. got back to 8th with 9 cars running and thought would ease off to scrap with rhys for last point. went well for 4 laps then i made a muck up and rhys was on different wave lengths so took off. crossed in 9th but enjoyed it greatly.

btw - nearly missed t1 turn in on race 2 as gunthar went airbourne on the right after clipping the advertising. must keep eyes on road... must keep eyes on road.... must keep eyes on road... :D

thanks to everyone though and thanks to organisers!

• Andrew Dawes

I think tonight was my best result in an RD race ever. These V8s are starting to suit me.

After 5th in practice i managed only 8th in superpole.

Race 1: Didn't get off the line well but managed a few good corners to pick up the space lost. Got caught up in the t3 melay. Came out 10th. Drove a pretty flawless race after that to get up to 6th with others going off track. Spent most of the race chasing Warren but never got closer than 1sec behind. Finished 5th.

Race 2: This time i got off the line really well and up to 3rd from 4th on the grid. Then an accident with the first 2 saw me lead a race for the first time (well more than 3 corners). I spent 12 laps in front with Michael Snead in 2nd. I needed quite a bit of opposite lock in the slow corners. When it came to the passing move it took 4 corners of door handle to door handle racing. Exciting stuff. Got a touch from Warren at the end of that sequence which gave grant a run on me. Managed to hold him off. 2 laps later at the end of the long straight i slotted 3rd too quickly which locked the inside rear wheel which sent me right and despite avoidance measures took out Michael which let Grant and Warren through. I then had Tyson chasing me down but luckily he out braked which gave me 2 second gap with 2 laps to go which was enough to hold onto 4th.

This was a tough track and was always going to offer close racing and a few bumps. Overall a great couple of races up front.

Another action packed night and very close racing with these V8's. The mod is worth all your efforts Gunthar. :beer:

Qualified ok in P4.
Race 1: I missed the start and Grant immediately jumped me with a lightning start. :clap: Tyson hit the gas a tad too heavily in the turn 1 sweeper in lap 2 and slid off, giving me P4 again. At the second hairpin, I tapped Grant off, very sorry Grant, not sure what happened. I had actually braked earlier than normal, and tried to go inside to ensure no contact, but as Grant turned in, I must have made the tiniest touch, but enough to upset his car. In my replay we dont even make contact so maybe a bit of lag contributed. After waiting, I dropped to P7, but later Grant and Terry came together, so I had P5 for many laps, but with Andrew hot on my tail. Family bragging rights were now on the line. Jari dropped out late (freeze?? ), so I finished P4, just ahead of "junior" Dawes.

Race 2: Messy at turn 1, but after reviewing the replay, I see what happened. Michael tapped me entering the turn, sliding me into Terry (sorry mate but not really my fault). Michael, Tyson, and Richard then came together resulting in Tyson and Richerd spinning off. After that, we had a brilliant 4 way battle up front for most of the race between Andrew, Michael, Grant and myself, with Andrew leading for much of the race. :clap: On lap 12, I had a tiny touch on Andrew, so I slowed and Grant grabbed the chance and pounced. Lap 13, Andrew locked brakes and slid into Michael, letting Grant and I past. I couldn't keep on Grants tail for the last two laps and he pulled away slightly for a great win. I manged to hold on for P2.

Grats to Richard and Grant for deserved wins. Well done to Andrew for some great driving too.

Re the first turn "incident" which I was asked about: After reviewing the replay, I think you should have waited Michael, the taps were only small but enough to cause disadvantages to three other cars, but not to me.
My personal opinion only, but you did ask. :)
A lesson for next time I think.

Well here goes! - Sign Me Up Please - My first ever RD race - Talk about in at the deep end, cars I hardly ever drive (but do enjoy) and tracks that until this morning I had never seen, let alone raced on - eek - I will do my best to stay out of everyones way!!

i know there is a theme here, but what would happen if you added something the guys without stcc could drive?
Eg the other us market cars in evo?
Would maybe also widen the appeal, as this is indeed a hugely fun track to drive :thumb:

• Matt Crouch

Well here goes! - Sign Me Up Please - My first ever RD race - Talk about in at the deep end, cars I hardly ever drive (but do enjoy) and tracks that until this morning I had never seen, let alone raced on - eek - I will do my best to stay out of everyones way!!

Don't worry I think most of us have probably never seen these before, and the rads are always about fun. :sinister:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back