RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ryan Im so sorry for punting you off the track that was a horribly timed move by me.

Also looking at the replay I owe Rafael an apoligy for pushing you wide in last turn. I pulled out of the race because I feel like a moving hazzard tonight. Very frustrated with my racing right now. Maybe I will just do some hotlapping for a while. Sorry all Marty

Qualifying went well, but not good enough, ended up 4th. Was happy with that though.

Race 1 - I don't even remember, I was trying to avoid some bumping on lap one and then I bumped someone, who was it? Stopped to wait and restarted in last spot. I put my mind to driving consistent and lucked out with good pit stops. Ended up 4th.

Race 2 - Was trying to miss some more bumping and dove into the grass turn one, a few turns later I gave Dave a little tap, sorry about that. I waited and again was in last. Mistakes and other bumps let me gradually move up and I found myself in 5th after lap 13. I thought maybe I would try and catch Corey, but he made no mistakes in the last few laps and had to settle for 5th.

Congrats to Keith and Warren on the wins, and to Jari for a solid showing. Really a fun bunch of guys and some fun racing. I love the STCC! Thank you everyone for a really fun night.

Yet again these STCC events produced the usual truckload of action, thrills and spills aplenty. :laugh2: The most intense and close racing at RD.

I decided to resume my love / hate relationship with the Pug, I like the look and sound but always struggle to keep the tail in check. I actually did some practice this time to find a more stable setup, and was quietly confident this time, having put in some regular laps of 1.06.7 in off-line practice. But could I keep it on track in the races?? well not really.

Qualified ok (P3) but made a couple of boo boos, including wandering on to the grass as I approached the finish line (in the straight no less :quiet: ).

Race 1: My mistake athon. I got pre-occupied worrying about the guys behind me, as first Marty made a huge lunge past me and through the turn, and then a couple of turns later Rhys did the same thing. :laugh2::laugh2: . Lap 2 was my turn to botch it. I put a wheel on the grass edge on the early sweeping right hander and spun across the track in front of the pack. Oops!, very sorry guys. Marty clipped me but poor Adam had no chance and T-Boned me. This damaged the car badly and I spent the rest of the race with my wheel at 60 deg, making it kinda difficult. I then made a huge mess of the pitstop. First lap out, I spun it again into the wilderness, and needed a map to find the track again. Finally finished P7 and needed a :beer::beer::beer:.

Race 2: Started from P2, and followed Rhys for a couple of laps, but he was driving like a rocket and I was struggling to keep in touch. Sadly, Rhys spun at the hairpin and I hit him, sorry mate, couldn't avoid you. That gave me the lead but the pack was now bunched behind us. Lap 3, I missed turn 1, letting Michael have the lead but he didn't want it for long, spinning a couple of turns later. At this point, I told myself to concentrate and drive some clean laps. This time I told my pitcrew I was coming so they could stop their card game and service the car. Came out in front of Jari and Keith who were having a huge scrap. Managed to take a comfortable lead to the finish.

Thanks all, great fun again. :laugh2::laugh2:

Race was fun, many in front of me made mistakes, so allready won 4 or 5 places, to get behind good ol' Paulo. We had a blast, racing bumper to bumper, and we swapped positions a few times. Only when he made a tiny mistake, I finally overtook him, but he sticked to me like glue. Unfortunately he did a few mistakes, and I coud run away to get to Steven Palmer who took advantage of us battling together, when he passed us a few laps earlier.

Nice race tonight.

Fantastic event!
First half was amazing, first with Steven and Danny, Steven got a few seconds gap from us and we had one of those fights we had since RACE06 Danny :handshake: intense, hard and very fair. Unfortunately you both were unlucky. A big thanks to both for the clean and fair driving. :yo:

SERVER #2

I don't mind a bit of on screen chat while practice is on. But ffs please do not do it ALL the way through quailifiying.( I can handle "nice lap" to show appreciation for an outstanding lap, but I don't need a running commentary of absolutely everything on or off the screen)

It just shows a complete lack off respect to your fellow drivers.

I agree!

EVENT:
Qualified 10th.
RACE: Kept the position and had huge fun battleing with Steven and Danny, during 1st stint.
I believe i was running at 6th when the pit stops began, one of the last piting, i was on the lead for 3 laps :D
Pit stop went well, changed all tires and add fuel for 25 laps (1st stint
35 laps).
Return on track in 5th or 6th, can't really remember :whistle:
Nigel was in front of me, inch by inch i was catching him, i did it and for the last 12 laps we had a stunning fight for the 4th position untill the end.
Which made me remember aswell our fights since RACE06 with the "old"
BMW E46. :highfive:
To be honest Nigel deserved the 4th place as much as me. We were on the very same pace and the duel was intense and very clean too.
Thanks to all for the great fun and driving. :good:
Very happy to finished in 4th, but honestly i didn't mind to finish last with the kind of race i had last night.

Congrats on your win Gary, excellent pace, as usual. :thumb:
Well done podium finishers.

Big thanks to Andrew, your work is fantastic. The time you spend on organizing these events for us to have fun and all the work you have
for it, Hats off and tons of respect for you. :yo::yo::yo:

The track choice was excellent.

Cheers.

P.S. I'm honoured for Andrew's choice of selecting me for server#2

SERVER 1 #

Loved the track, loved the server split. Worked really well. Nice one Andrew :good:
As usual qualified at the back. Not a problem as I never qualify well. And if I finish a race it's normally mid table. :sinister:

For a number of laps had good racing with Nuno Areias. Close friendly contact. Except on 1 occasion going into the chicane.... Both braked late but Nuno had the racing line, ended up touching and pushing him off across it.
Luckily it was only a slight :bump2:so fell back in behind him.
Later on going into the second to last corner I was closing in Nuno quickly. Started to line myself up for an overtake when he lost it infront of me....!!! Was lucky to miss him and keep control.....
I soiled my pants :(

Started to pull away but ended up getting lapped by Mr Jenson.... And for some stupid reason I decided to follow him going through the chicaine... oh yes, how dumb am I?!
He has a completly different racing line! Oh :poop: I was flying across the gravel and BANG! Straight into the wall..... :rotfl:
Punture! Pitted again

Now I was into 11th from then on in. With 5 laps to go I realised I did not have enough fuel... What a plank!

So poodled around for the remainly laps until I got down to 0.10L and thought I must pit as I really wanted to finish this race.
Luckily Adam crossed the line just as I was going through the pit lane! WooHoo!

First write up I've ever had the chance to do :rotfl:

Thank you Andy and RD for such a great event. Server split well worked. PROPER JOB!! :good: :good: :good: :good:

Server 2 #

Morning Gents!

Tough race last night i have to admit!

From my sencond spot at the grid Javanainen and i pulled away from the pack and opened up a 2-2,5 second gap down to Luc Mangas and had a close fight in the opening stages of the race.

Suddenly, Gary Lennon started to catch up and overtook both me and Javanainen and i started to loose ground to the both of them and also Luc started to catch up.

Javanainen sadly crashed out off the race just before his pit stop and left Gary a stable lead

just before my pitstop i was overtaken by Luc in the chicane(Close call) and was down to fourth place. The pitstop went smoothly and i returned on track in P6 but eventually i were back in P2. That ment that i had overtaken Luc during his pit stop.

He was now 4-5 secs behind me and Gary were the same distance infront of me.

In the last 10 laps, Luc started to catch up and when we crossed the finish line he were only 0.2 secs behind.

Thank you Andrew for organizing this event. Watkins Glen were a true blast with the Minis.

See ya in future races

Rgds
Richard Trange

server 1. q5th lucky 24.6. race was gr8 fun. was in 5 way battle for 4th but made a mistake on lap 23, decided 2 make early stop. my pit crew must have been havin a quick smoke & 4got 2 put any fuel in! carried on but lost at the chicane on lap 36. race over! fun while it lasted!

Thanks 2 RD & MR E who goes out of his way 2 put these fri nite races on. This week he was try 2 run 2 servers and get a race himself only 4 some fools 2 start *****in like big girls! think they need 2 b thankin him not moanin!:quiet:

• Andy Edison

2:05.599 -- still playing with setup... huge power and no stearing, as you'd expect :crutch:

Nice job on the track :clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline