RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

untitleddsf-1.jpg

• Kieran Mcgeachy

crackin pictures dan i was 4 r 5 secs from you's, seen you's from behind matt crouch and all 4 or 5 of you's were lined out at the back straight lol looked really good.

Well i really enjoyed tonight, Good racing guys.

Qualifying:

Qaulified P2 with a 1:34.1 something and was chuft.

Start of the race I stayed with Vedran for a few laps then started making mistakes but I had a good lead over P3. From then was on my own till I came off in lap 11 I think And broke my suspension when i basically kissed the wall. Stil in 2nd was all on my own and then I pitted and when Stuartn and jamie pitted I was still 4th so they must not have changed tyres. Stuart make a mistake I think and I caught him up and then was catching jamie quick as he didnt put fresh rubber on and eventually he pitted to put freshons on. Then i said to dave buxton abit unsure about fuel so Im going to short shift. Then a few laps later im coming to last sector and he says Vedran has just pitted so id stop short shifting. So I was catching him by a second a lap as I dont think he put fresh runner on and on lap 50 I took him. Coming into last bend he got abit wide and I got the pace on him down the straight and went inside in T1 and got him. And from then just got a 4-5 second lead on him to take the race win. Well happy with that and a clean night foor me overall.

Thank you andrew for setting up the event and I think if people would have respected the fact you put 2 servers in for more people to race then there would have been no problems. But never mind. I dont see why you have to go from server to server to remind people, they just should have done what they were told. But thats my opinion. Well done to winner on Server 2 and podiums. :good:

• Matt Crouch

deffo a pretty good job of picking the servers then based on the only small overlap in quali times :). Also I think the first time I've actually done the full distance on a mini Enduro (i.e. not lapped) :woop:
Had a good race with a few people, but almost all of that race I was within a couple of seconds of Fernando... which has to be the closest overall enduro I've had :D. The only downside to this was that whenever Fernando was in-front I had abba stuck in my head (can you hear the drums?)... which must have been at least half the race..

I'm not going to go into much detail because there would be way too much to say. That race was almost like a game of chess in places, trying to work out where to get past and taking the occasional oppurtunity. We were close all the way to my pit on lap 29, and a good pit by me put some space between us.
After a while I came up behind Carlos who I think hadn't pitted, which, combined with another bad lap from me gave Fernando the oppurtunity to catch up all the time lost and we were back close again, swapping positions a few times (which I have to say is pretty difficult on this track!) Then a short while later we came up to lap Carlos and he used the oppurtunity to sneakily get back past me. That was pretty much the last time I was in front, but I was grinning :sinister: on lap 56 when we were going up the hill side by side. By the end of the race I completely trusted you not to run into me.
Really couldn't call our race at-all until lap 57 when I slid slightly on the chicane. Even then there was still hope of a comeback :) Still, finished in 5th. Nice to have the servers matched like that as I don't think I would have been anywhere near that spot on server 2 :clap:

about the cutting, I think almost all of us were trying hard not to cut it, but it's very difficult to judge that chicane before you're on it, having tyres there would definitely end up in more than a few ruined races for no real reason (when self imposed cutting discipline would probably be better) :wink2:

Thanks for the event :)

Attached a picture of a really close call we had with Marty ;)

Attachments

• phew.jpg
    phew.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 211
Screens from Server 2

Lap 4 (Battle for Lead)

Rickard Javanainen vs. Richard Trange

Lead.jpg

Me vs. Dave Stephenson (Brilliant duel mate, thank you. Buckets of fun despite my DNF at lap 17 crashed into wall at chicane due to "Damage not repairable, Race is Over" I hate this sound.

SidebySide.jpg

SidebySide2.jpg

MEvsDave.jpg

Dave vs. David Lemon Side by Side

DaveStephensonvsDavidLemonfor7thLap.jpg

Thats the best race iv had so far today. I thin this way with 2 servers calls for closer racing which in 1 server the field would have been spread. This will gain peoples in confidence in finishing in higher places and improve there skills with racing with 2-4 people at exactly there pace bumper to bumper on the track. i think the 2 server thing isa good idea if you can get the peeps. Just a small few had to mess it up. But still great night andrew and thank you.

Man that was lots of fun thx Andrew

Got signed in last minute because the rfactor race didn't happen. Few laps practice before quali and I was figuring it out.

Server 1
Qualified P8 was ok with that

Race Made decent start up to around 5th. From that point on till my crash on lap 17 I was in some fantastic battles with Laurence, Stuart,Jamie and Dan. Lots of position Changes and a little pushing and shoving ( but very clean). Then I had my moment into the concrete wall. Killed the car and I don't know how the guys missed me spinning across the track but they did good job. Was great fun while it lasted.

Man great job Adam on a well deserved win. Hope I see ya later at the STCC race tonight

Man that was lots of fun thx Andrew

Got signed in last minute because the rfactor race didn't happen. Few laps practice before quali and I was figuring it out.

Server 1
Qualified P8 was ok with that

Race Made decent start up to around 5th. From that point on till my crash on lap 17 I was in some fantastic battles with Laurence, Stuart,Jamie and Dan. Lots of position Changes and a little pushing and shoving ( but very clean). Then I had my moment into the concrete wall. Killed the car and I don't know how the guys missed me spinning across the track but they did good job. Was great fun while it lasted.

Man great job Adam on a well deserved win. Hope I see ya later at the STCC race tonight

Thanks Marty for some clean fun racing!

SERVER #2

First off an apology to Danny P. I thought I had got away with that then unfortunately got capapulted sideways into your path and you had nowhere to go. Real shame coz you was taking a few tenths out of me and I was looking forward to a bit off defensive driving for a lap or 2. :handshake:

Quaily 11th on a 1.24.400. Was chuffed with that considering the calibre of opponents on this server (cheers to Andy to think I was upto it :good:)

Race: Had a reasonable start but was passed on the long run up the hill then into the back chichane on the first lap. Think I was up to 8th by the end of the lap. Then had a good few laps slowly catching the battling Paulo and Danny. Managed to get past after quite a few laps and then managed to pull out a little gap while the pair of them had a close battle with each other. Started to close in on Torbjorn but couldn't quite get that extra oomph and I think those hard laps was the start off my undoing. I noticed that the car behind was starting to catch me quite quickly and I started to fall off the pace of the Torbjorn. Then I started to make a few deep entries into T1 which enabled Danny to close to with in second. After a few rough laps I managed to find a rhythm again but it was to no avial. On the second to last corner I went wide and nearly squeezed it past the wall on the thin strip of grass but I just scraped the wall and this sent me into a wild spin and into the path of Danny and sadly left him nowhere to go but into me. End of race for me and as you read above Danny. P6 and P7 respectively at the time.

Was really enjoying the track with some very fast company:worship:

Thank you to Andrew for the event and as always the RD racers.

One BIG gripe. (left this to the end)

I don't mind a bit of on screen chat while practice is on. But ffs please do not do it ALL the way through quailifiying.( I can handle "nice lap" to show appreciation for an outstanding lap, but I don't need a running commentary of absolutely everything on or off the screen)

It just shows a complete lack off respect to your fellow drivers.

Steven, thanks mate. But you are totally not to blame, cause that is a real hard corner to take, and I was unlucky you landed right before me. I was closing on you lap by lap and I was surely looking forward to do some bumper-to-bumper racing with you haha. just tough luck for both of us, cause yeah we were 6th and 7th at the time. Better luck next time :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 307 27.6%