RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Really great event!:)

I was think about cancelling it as I got up at 3:00AM, and I felt I'll die if I make this:D (really not much sleep all over the week, learning a lot)
But then I decided to make it as I'm not often able to make this event. First came with the E46, but then I got sick of RWD driving, so switched to my old time favourite Chevy:) Man it's so much better to drive FWD cars, I almost forgot it! Qualied 10th, next time I think I'll wait a few minutes and go out after everybody is told to be quiet!
Race1: nice start, I had a bit fighting with Michel at start, but what I remember the most from this race is following Yves and trying to find a spot. He went to pits in lap 9, I wanted to do so, but when I saw it I decided to stay out 1 more lap. That could have been great if I didn't ruin 1st corner and loose 1 second there:) Came back behind Yves, and tried to fight as hard as possible to pass him. The few last corners were awesome!:) Finished 3rd.
Race2: Started well, but then after I passed Philip A. I got blue flag. After the right turn coming after the long straight, I pulled over as I got my 3rd warning:( But then I chased the front runners through the entire race, was closing on Yves again, then he made a mistake and I arrived very quickly and tried to pass on the left side before the chicane, then braked as I saw Yves getting back to pace and I didn't want to collide with him. But then he made a mistake in the chicane and I passed on the inside. Then not much after I've gone into the pits as I saw Keith did it, and wanted to stay ahead of him:) Managed to do that, and a lap after I saw Abdul coming out of pits. He had some problem with the tires I think, at the end of the lap he went wide and I passed on the inside, sorry Abdul if I didn't give enough room for you there I felt a bit confused about that, maybe I changed to normal line too quickly:/ Then I fought with Keith, man what a battle! But then I saw in my mirrors Abdul arriving on us again, he was just behind me while Keith was on the inside. I turned wide to give room, but then in my mirrors I've seen they both left the track. 2 laps to go, and comfortable lead, but then I made a mistake and went offroad at the same place:( Keith passed me, I tried to fight as hard as possible to pass him back but I couldn't do it. Finished 2nd 0.268s behind him.

Overall I finished 2nd with 14 points.

Thanks for the race guys I really enjoyed it!

Well. Back to school for me today I think.

Very poor drive from me. Hope I've got that out of my system and drive like I know I can in the RDTCC opener later today.

The pace was there, but my head wasn't keeping up. I think I need some sleep.

Well done to Keith, Peter and the others for a gr8 race though.

Oh and I'd like to thank the lord I didn't take Rhys out on the last lap:shock:
I was having trouble keeping the car pointing forwards after damaging my suspension entering the pits. Have been sensible during stops since I clipped the tires at Sturup last weekend, but had a case of brain fade and locked up the brakes.

Having thought about how close I came to taking Rhys out when I lost the back end for the 4th lap in a row in that corner, I think I should of pulled the car out of the race. Luckily I didn't:sweat:

Oh well you live and learn.

Good luck to everyone in the RDTCC races this weekend. There is some real quality drivers racing here at RD, it's a great thing we've got going here.:good:

Race2: Started well, but then after I passed Philip A. I got blue flag. After the right turn coming after the long straight, I pulled over as I got my 3rd warning:(

Strange, I think I got one when you let me pass!!!

But as I didn't get another then I ignored it assuming it was a bug.

Sry Peter if I'd realised I'd of let you back past. Well I went off in the end so kinda did:smirk:

I got the blue flag from the start on race 2 got 3 warnings and stop and go all before the back stretch. Thought I was hit from behind at the chicane but in the replay it was just me and Michael banging doors and then me sliding through the dirt. No ones fault just a weird reaction from the game physics. Held Position because it ended up being a huge corner cut.

I'm not doing a real report but I want to say after the rough start to both races There was some really good racing going on. I had nice battles with Phillip A., Rhys, William and Michael. Good to see all the new faces adding to the fun. I watched the whole 2nd race from the side and it was close battling all the way through 8th wow. Keith and Peter's was epic at the end. Rhys stayed up in the top 3 Great job, you are looking at a win very soon I think. Anyway I think it was a great night Next time I bring my A game. THX all Marty

Well again, the Friday event proves to be the best racing Ive ever had sim racing. The field was strong, some newcomers showed the strength to run well, and the patience to prevent incidents. My hats off to everyone who was in this race.

Quali: Philip Antonio NAILED A wicked lap of I believe 1:20.9 which I had not hit in the Volvo S60 I chose to race. I went out and pushed for the pole and managed to steal it by .090. Honestly how much closer does it get? Well done Philip in Superpole.

Race 1: Start was terrible, I spun the tires in 1st and shifted tooo early and ended up 5th before T1. Philip went wide, and me and Rhys were side by side when he ran a little wide. In my replay I see about 1/4 car distance between us, but I feel there might have been contact on his end, and if so I apologize, as I was unaware while racing. Now in pursuit of Willi and Yves who had wicked starts. Willi and Yves ran side by side for nearly 6 corners with no contact and Willi got out front. I then got by Yves when he ran wide exiting T2. Now chasing willi down. Putting pressure on willi and nearly getting into the back of him in the S bend, on lap 4 he got a little too loose and lost it handing me the lead. I then pushed to a 5 second lead before I was going to pit at the start of lap 8 and on entry to the pit lane I locked up and hit the tires and took light suspension damage. Did a clean 2 tires stop and managed to maintain the lead and get the win. Well done To Yves and peter who had a good battle behind me.

Race 2: Now starting 8th. Had again a bad start and I was thinking it was my gearing choice. I dropped to 10th exiting T1, and managed to get back to P8 before entering T2. The S bend in lap 1 was a little hairy, and I managed to maintain my position. After the long straight, I see Marty do about 14 flips in the air and I snatch 7th. Up ahead i see battling and I went to pass peter and locked up and went right off the track. Now reentering the race in P13 Im determined to make my way back to the front. The very next corner Willie Watt and Phillip Grimm collect each other and I now move to P11. T1 on lap 2 I get by Bob and now P10. Coming up on Olaf I get a huge run into the S bend and I put a nice outside inside move and get by him on the long straight. Now P9 and chasing Michel H.... Passing the S/F line to start lap 3 I pass Michel Usal who is in the pits. On lap 3 entering T5 I get inside Michel H and take P7 cleanly. Now chasing Rhys down who is chasing Peter.... I closed right up on Rhys literally on his bumper. At this point I am looking at each person's lap time ahead of me and realizing getting to the front passing each of these talented drivers is going to be difficult if not impossible, I decide for an early pit stop strategy. (This allows me to get it done and come back out and run with fairly clear track in front of me with hopes of getting passed while the pit cycle is going on). So I pit on lap 6. Nail my pit stop and come out in P9 and push on my out lap and the next lap, and finishing lap 7 I pass William Y, and Yves now putting me into P7. With hopes of gaining more positions from my pit strategy, I pushed hard on lap 8 and I passsed Michel Hunter while he was pitting and ended lap 8 setting a race PB of 1:21.242 and having Peter come out just in front of me and im now running P6. Coming up to finish lap 9 the remaining front running pitted and I managed to pass Michel Usal, Rhys, and Philip Antonio, with abdul coming out in the lead with Peter and myself hot on his tail. Abdul was having trouble ggetting his car settled after his pit stop and with 5 laps to run to the finish it was looking like some fun ahead with me running P3 and the fact you could throw a blanket over us. On lap 10 entering the last corner Abdul runs wide and Peter takes the lead, it seemed that abdul got stuck on the grass down the pit straight and this allowed me through into P2. The battling between us 3 is allowing Willi Y and Rhys to close up on us. On lap 11 me and Peter go side by side for a WHOPPING 7 corners with no contact and Peter maintains the lead. On lap 12 exiting T3 Peter runs wide and allows me to get by into T4 into the S bend but giving peter room he was able to maintain the lead. Now running down the drag strip straight I am beside Peter with abdul running in the draft of him. At the end of that straight Peter held the lead with me 2nd and abdul a close third and rounding the bend Willi Yunck who was not in control slid from the grass up into my front right (suspension damage) and put me into Abdul. I maanaged to carry on in P2 about 1.2 behind Peter with 2 laps to catch him for the sweep. Peter ran wide after that incident which closed the gap slightly. My car was now performing horribly from the accident and pushing all over and a win seemed not possible. Then on lap 13 in the same corner as the incident Peter ran wide again passing me the lead and the chance to protect for the win with a damaged car. Luckily for me I was able to hold off the charging Peter who had a HELL of a race and finished P1 to complete the Triple. Pole, with 2 race wins.

Overall result 1st.

Id like to say a big thank you to all who raced, as these events are no joke. Since the first event, we have steadily grown and had better and better races. This race I ran the S60 and dedicate it to Warren Dawes who was unable to race with us unforuntely. I chose this car because he is always the one to use the oddball car at each event. (Sorry you werent with us Warren, wasnt the same without you)

Big thanks Eric for organizing, and big thanks to RD for hosting. Im my personal opinion the Friday night events continue to provide the best quality of club racing ive ever seen.

Til next weekend.

Keith Barrick

***Attached a picture of the field after pit stops were done.***

Attachments

• fieldafterpit.jpg
    fieldafterpit.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 160
This has got to be my favourite race to date. It was close racing from the word "Go". I salute all of you guys. First proper race event in RDP I participated.

Hint Hint - The time of the race was just perfect. I race when everyone has gone to sleep lol.

PS: I saw Keith put Nos in his car when he pitted.

first of thankyou for allowing me to race ,had no praccie and there for no time to prep ,but i enjoy racing with you guys so i just had to join ,even though it was at the last minute ,thanks Rhys for the quick run down .congratulations to the winners and thanks to Eric and William for organising the event and to my fellow competitors for making these races what they are
" fantastic ":aus:
regards
olly

Race 2: Now starting 8th. Had again a bad start and I was thinking it was my gearing choice. I dropped to 10th exiting T1,

Sorry I missed this one, hopefully next week.
Interesting that you had problems getting the S60 off the line, I have never been able to get it off to a good start, it always seems to bog down on me. I always thought it was just me, but if even Keith can't get it off the line, maybe I don't feel too bad. It's a nice car to drive after a lap or two though, especially on higher speed turns.

Sorry I missed this one, hopefully next week.
Interesting that you had problems getting the S60 off the line, I have never been able to get it off to a good start, it always seems to bog down on me. I always thought it was just me, but if even Keith can't get it off the line, maybe I don't feel too bad. It's a nice car to drive after a lap or two though, especially on higher speed turns.

Warren, you were missed tonite for sure. Even with a 16 car field after quali it still didnt feel the same without you racing with us. Hopefully next Friday you can make it. The speed/quality of racing tonite was unmatched in any of the previous STCC races, tonite was one for the books. Hopefully someone can make a highlight video.

Keith

Starting at 15th, i knew i need extra care at first laps. Due to a good start (gain 3 places) and to some misfortunes of some drivers i found myself at 8th at 3rd or 4th lap (not sure).
I kept thinking to myself - drive under the limits or you'll mess it dude - even with this in mind, i made 3 mistakes (nothing serious tho).
A very stiff setup drove me to a fast tire wear, at lap 20 my front tires were only with 55% efficiency. :jaw:
Never managed to do less than 1.14.200, but did many laps in the 14 second.
With a safe amount of fuel it was always full throttle (not always) :bounce:
Very pleased with the final 4th place.
Congrats on your win Gary :clap2: and to Nigel :second: and Neil's :third: podium
Fantastic pace from you all.

Thank you to Ben Shears, Laurance Lemon, Alex Gibson and speccialy to Kieran Mcgeachy for the hard work they gave me to stay awake. :thumb:
I'm sorry if i missed someone.

Thank you Andrew and RD! :yo:

Cheers

Qualifyed: 7th
Finished :3rd

Happy with qualifying but only had one session and only managed to get one clear lap within in but it was good enough for 7th. My planned second run never happened as the lap limit kicked in first for me then a few others after they crossed the line to start lap 10.

For the race i decided to go for a one stopper so i started with 35L. The race got off to a good start as i made up a place or two and when the car behind me clipped the tyres and span then the rest of the following pack lost ground trying to avoid him :smile: I began to pressure Nigel a bit as i knew he had more fuel on board but then max in front of him began lag spiking so i backed off to let Nigel concentrate on avoiding max and with backing off i lost concentration for a second and lifted too much at the chicane and got as bit too much lift off over steer and i clipped the wall on the right and bounced off across the track and began grass tracking :embarrassed: then to make matters worse i went off at the bridge and had a jaunt through the sand and rejoined in around 9th or 10th :embarrassed:
The following 6 or 7 laps were for me the best of the race as i fought back up to 4th place but the gap to 3rd was i think around 40 seconds and i knew Nigel would be quicker in the pits so i just settled down to try and keep it clean for the remainder of the race. Managed to get 3rd place with yet another retirement in front of me. So it was a nice podium for BVM :smile: with us getting the top 4 places.

Thanks all for making it a good race :good:

Training: 1st
Qualy: 4th
Race: 29/66 with running 3rd

What I can Say :D

Gutted

Car and track was brilliant was 4th on the grid. I really enjoyed fight for 2nd with Nigel and either i tried to pursuit Gary for the lead (10 secs gap).
At Lap 29th i decided to pull to the pits for new tyres as my laps was slow and there wasn't any sense of follow Nigel because my pace was poor as he either wasn't too fast 2. When i was qutting pits Cars Dissapearred i lost connection, i could drive but there wasn't any cars on tracks so i Quitted. Simply Gutted as i Likely to finish in podium in this race and with this Pit strattegy i would nicked from Nigel 2nd place.

But yeeeh Gutted

Oh i nearly forgot

Thank you RD for this

• Alex Gibson

Congrats to all those who finished and extra congrats to the podium takers.

Qualified 16th which isn't bad for me...

Got a good start and managed to avoid getting tangled with anyone for the first 4 or 5 laps and was comfortably going around in 6th - I think, not sure exactly because I was concentrating on the track so much, I really didn't want to mess up and end anybody race after a few little prangs last week.

Thanks to Paulo Ribeiro for putting up a good defence for 5th, and Dietmar Auferkorte for pushing me to keep the pace up, there was a few laps of really fun racing between us. Sorry to Paulo for the little nudge, was my bad..

Race ended about lap 11 when my wheels just smelt the grass under braking, I spun around and gave the wall a hug...

Big thanks to Mr Evans and all those at RD for making the Friday night Mini madness possible.

Hi there friends

start from the back of the grid manage to stay alive in the middle of the crowd with a lot of concentration for don't make any stupid mistake in the beginning and step by step with only few small mistakes all works well manage to finish the race 66 laps ufff that was hard

in the end 8 position not bad at all

congrats to all finishers
ad of course the podium well done
thanks RD and Andrew for the event
see u all next Friday

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%