RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry guys, gonna re-check the button settings in game, because I've pushed the wrong button again. For some reason it seems to be linked to the Esc function.
I thought is was the look-back button I pushed. The same thing happend in qualy... stupid me... and no it isn't :beer: related.

Serves me right for changing profiles and OS to play this game online. And NOT testing it enough.

Q: tragic I did 32 in my practice but after 2 hours of wet driving it was terrible for me to drive again on dry tarmac

R1: I had no terrible moments, only misunderstanding with Richard. I just changed my tyres and I at your turn exit where you slowly went back to the track I couldnt do anything to avoid you with that fresh tyres
Then DQ because of I dont know the rule of pit window, I did pit in 2nd lap and I though its enough but I had to do pit again and I didnt know that :( ok for the next time I know...

R2: I am stupid after 11 lap I changed tyres for SLICK and I lost everything I got... so 3 pit stops ruined me at all

This extremly changeable weather isnt for me, sorry Yuri...

Entry List

1. GT Pro: Michal Szabo
  2. GT Pro: Fernando De Almeida
  3. GT Pro: Martin Bulgin
  4. GT Pro: Coen Mulder
  5. GT Pro: Jakob de Boer
  6. GT Pro: Yves Larose
  7. GT Pro: Dave Stephenson
  8. GT Pro: Nigel Middleton
  9. GT Pro: Ondrej Kapal
  10. GT Pro: Mattia Gottardi
  11. GT Pro: Abdul Ahmed
  12. GT Pro: Henrik Horvath
  13. GT Pro: Andreas Löffler
  14. GT Sport: Bob Hutchins
  15. GT Sport: Linus Broström
  16. GT Sport: Joao Andias
  17. GT Sport: Neil Slater
  18. GT Sport: Oancea Gabriel
  19. GT Sport: David Zafiu
  20. GT Sport: Matt Hunt
  21. GT Sport: patrick wuyts
  22. GT Sport: Michael van Scheppingen
  23. GT Sport: Hugo Gonçalves
  24. GT Sport: Rick Hurst
  25. GT Sport: James Chesters
Reserve list

1. GT Pro: Sidonio Manuel
  2. GT Pro: Danny Asbury

Nightmare both races.
Made the wrong choices for setups for quali, race 1 and 2!!
Sorry to yuri for the nudge on lap 1 race 2, locked on the bank and coudnt avoid.

Strange problem when pitted in race two, tried two times to change tyres but when i clicked confirm in the window it just exited the pits again in manual mode??
DQ'ed :(

That was a fun night :)

Practise - P1

Rained and rained and rained, I did barely any practise in the wet (despite Yuri's warning :wink:) and used the Simbin wet set-up.

Qually - 18th (Last)

Disaster, started raining when I went on track on slicks, binned it at Turn One, started last.

Race One - 1st

Well, from last to first, certainly didn't expect it. Got a good start and was up to P12 by the first lap, then the rain came, I pulled in earlier than most people on Lap 2 and it boosted me right up the order to 3rd, with James 4 seconds back. Only Dave and Barry managed to play it right and start on wets, so they were 20seconds up the road. I closed on Dave quite a bit and Barry a small amount, but the gap back to James stayed between 3-5 seconds the whole time. The rains stopped and the track started to dry, I thought about changing to slicks until on the lap before I pitted, I heard thunder, so I stuck to wets, I made the right choice, even though It didn't rain again. My mandatory pitstop was a disaster, missed my pitbox and had to reverse back, cost me a few seconds and James got passed. Thankfully, James risked going out on slicks, so I could pass him and pull away. I then got passed Dave and set about Barry, who was also on slicks at this stage. I was gaining at 3seconds a lap and on the last lap, needed 7seconds to pass him. I got the gap down to 2seconds and was settling for 2nd untill at Rainey Curve, he went wide and I took the lead. To my great surprise, I won! :trophy:

Race Two - 2nd

Started 8th (on slicks, considered risking it but decided to play it safe) got a good start and was 4th by turn 2, then I got passed Simon and set about Reggie and poleman Michel Szabo. Reggie was trying desperately to pass Michel, but I stuck it out in 3rd, looking for a mistake on contact between the 2 drivers. Suddenly, just like Race One, the rain came at the exact same time, I darted into the pitlane and was jumped by Simon. I soon got passed him and had lots of open road in front of me to Wesley and Dave (again :D) who had risked wets. I took a few laps adjusting to the different weather, but soon got a steady pace and pulled away from Hugo and Simon. I then was kicked out of my game briefly at Turn 6 as my virus software told me I had a virus, I didn't really care at this point and quickly clicked back to my game, I had lost 5 seconds and was down to 5th. I closed on Hugo and Simon. Hugo decided to pit and Simon and I had a nice scrap, I got passed him at pitted after my tyres had lost their performance quite early. I came out behind Hugo, Dave and James. I passed Dave and was a second behind James and Hugo. With Wesley out front, this was the battle for 2nd,3rd and 4th. James had the pace over Hugo and tried a spectacular move around him around Rainey Curve, he had to ease of the accelerator and I got passed both of them into the penultimate turn, giving James a slight tap, but that was just racing. Hugo gave me a tap into the last turn but I held it and put my head down and tried to pull away as I noticed Olly was gaining fast. I pulled second by second and finished second, when I noticed James and Hugo had a coming together behind me. So I finished 25+ seconds behind Wesley, who out-paced me and out-smarted me :)

Was a great event, not sure about the realism on this weather system, but it sure as hell made for some fun :)

Thanks to RD and Yuri for the event and thanks to all I battled with :) See ya next week :)

EDIT: Hugo no prob mate, I held the spin at that is racing, it's boring without the little taps now and again to keep you awake :)

Strange event for me. Got caught out in quali with the weather changing from sunny to pouring in about 1 minute. Tried my luck on slicks but by the time i got to the hotlap it was soaking. Things didnt get much better in race 1 as i hadnt assigned the pitmenu buttons so was again forced to run slicks on a wet track. Think i got lapped twice but it proved to be a kinda useful test session.

Second race was more fun starting from the back with all the menu buttons sorted. However, I may have to turn graphics down as the game was a bit glitchy at the start with all the cars nearby and also when following in the spray. Was a bit distracting and made placing the car pretty tricky, it also led to me tapping a few of you guys so apologies for that. Hopefully i can get it sorted for next time.

Also, just like to say thanks to admin(s) for setting this race up.
Ollie

Excellent event for me this one. The changeable weather was great, ok its transition from sunny to stormy is a bit quick, but the idea is the tracks going from wet to dry or dry to wet - why take 6 laps or so for it to happen.

Anyway I joined practice about half an hour before official praccy and immediately got a sinking feeling, ok the top post said expect wet, but this was more like swimdepartment.com than racedepartment.com! I slipped and slid all over the place on some setup that I had success with at another track, but that was another track and was in the dry.... I then loaded the default simbin WET Setup and had a few laps.. better, but still not right. Then, half way through official praccy, I decided to copy the settings for everything but the wet tyres and fast/slow bumps from my other track setup, - (actually an Alfa setup) and drop brakes to 90% - to this default SIMBIN setup... Ok not perfect but workable and producing 140's wet n 135's dry - not great for most but pretty good for me..

We had been told to watch the weather and it did keep changing so as soon as qualy started and I saw weather as DRY I swapped to Slicks and out I went, managing to qualy before the rain that caught Ross started as I was on my inlap. So I started in 6th (i think).

At the start of Race 1 I sat looking at the Weather waiting for it to change, it didn't but the track temp and ambient were 81F and 104F, I don't usually look at temps, even of my tyres, which I know explains some of my slowness, but I'm crap with setups and I spent months n months going round n round in circles a couple of years ago - so now I favour just driving it and hoping for the best, instead of driving myself nuts trying to master something that quite frankly I don't think I ever will. Anyway, I digress, this 81 and 104 seemed high and in my niaeve reckoning I thought - it often gets hot before a storm, wets take longer to cook than slicks and from the weather so far its proaably gonna rain - so on went the WETS and I joined... What a disaster poor start, poor first lap, managed to tap someone and waited ending up 16th, then at the end of Lap two my gamble paid off - the server suddenly became swimdepartment.com and I found myself steaming ahead of the field, actually leading the race for a short time on about lap 4, very eventful race, lots of fun, I had taken full race fuel so I could choose when to come in and I left it until Lap 13, choosing to stay with the Wets just in case.. Finished 3rd, which is my best ever in an RD event, so happy.

Race 2 - again good weather at the start and I was concerned that it was going to dry up and that choosing Wets again would prove to be a terrible strategy, and once again the rain gods looked down on me and gave me rain on Lap 2, once again, the wets allowed me to get an advantage along with others who took the risk on wets finished 5th in race two.

Thanks RD and Admin for organising this and thanks to all who attended for a graet nights racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 328 28.0%