Resource icon

Skins Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R Whelen 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Soddyn submitted a new resource:

Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R Whelen - The Whelen skin for the callaway corvette

This is my Whelen c7 skin for rf2.
There's 2 sponsors missing, 1 on the front bumper and 1 on the side skirt because i cound't figure them out. The window is the default one because i don't know how to edit it yet, i might update it later if i learn how to.
View attachment 217529

(It looks a washed out because of the ENB i was using)
View attachment 217528 View attachment 217527 View attachment 217526

Read more about this resource...

There's 2 sponsors missing, 1 on the front bumper and 1 on the side skirt because i cound't figure them out.
That sponsor on the side skirt is this one.
logo.png

But you would need to adjust the colors.

Regarding that logo on the front bumper, i only could find this.
logo2ujlaj.png

I don´t know how to install the skin could anyone help me?
I'm also waiting for an answer...
Making a directory in showroom and installing a DDS file in the folder is easy enough (at least it worked for other skins), but I have no clue where to put these. Probably a piece of cake when you are used to install these skins, but for me it's a mistery :confused:

I downloaded the Callaway_C7-GTR3-R_2017 folder which contains another folder Eric Curran and a 0.rcd file.
The Eric Curran folder holds the altwhelen.mas file

Other skins I found just use a DDS file that can be placed in the car folder... Why is this (and some other) skin different ?

Last edited:
my Eric Curran folder sits in the

Callaway_C7-GTR3-R_2017 folder
and outside of it is the 0.RCD

you may have to change the contents of you 0.RCD to this:
//[[gMa1.002f (c)2016 ]] [[ ]]
GT3
{
Eric Curran
{
Team = Callaway Competition
Component = Callaway_C7-GT3-R_2017
Skin = altwhelen.mas
VehFile = CALLAWAYC7_77.VEH **** just add this text overwriting what was there ******
Description = Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R
Number = 31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the previous text below was changed with the last update
//CALLAWAY_C7_77.VEH this is now wrong

i hope this makes sense

i hope this makes sense
Thanks for helping, I'm trying to figure it out, but it just does not seem to work.
I have this folder with skins that work (just DDS files) as alternate skins.

Callaway.png

As you can see (after changing the wrong line in the 0.rcd file), I added the Eric Curran folder and the 0.rcd
but the skin did not show. I also tried adding both in the "Installed > vehicles > Callaway_C7-GT3-R_2017" folder, but that did not work either.

I installed a simple .mas file (from another car/skin) into the vehicles file and that shows not as an alternate skin, but as "another car". Like this:

select.png

There is no preview though, but it can be picked in the UI menu, which I feel is easier (and more logical) than going in the tuning menu to choose the ALT skins.

Tbh: I very much like driving in rF2, but installing extra skins (since there were almost none in the package) is a real pita for me (and I assume a lot of others)... Maybe because we are not into making skins ourseleves. I guess when you are, it all makes sense, but it does not to me... :notworthy:

Btw: maybe I did not drive enough yet (losing too much time trying to install skins), but it seems that AI only chooses the "extra car" skins, and not the ALT skins, or was that just a coincidence ?

here is my folder structure, this works ok.
Thanks, it works now. I even know what went wrong. I tried it the way you are showing, but it did not work, then I tried like the first picture I included in my post. It did not work either. Then I changed the 0.rcd file as how you pointed out, but forgot to move it again to the other map, which is probably (surely) why it did not work.
I'm good now, thanks again for helping me out. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back