Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Cant beleive this hasnt had a topic on it yet!

Got the game on Wedneday and I think im addicted! Its absolutely amazing!

Some official stuff:

Infinity Ward's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has broken all previous records for day-one game sales. According to the sales figures released by Activision, the game sold 4.7 million units in North America and the United Kingdom alone in its first 24 hours. This exceeds Grand Theft Auto IV's record by 1.1 million units. Mike Griffith - "The Call of Duty franchise has become a cultural phenomenon showing the power of video games as an entertainment medium. The shattering of these entertainment records is a testament to the compelling, cinematic and uniquely engaging experience that the Call of Duty brand delivers. Modern Warfare 2 has taken interactive experience to unprecedented heights setting a new standard for entertainment." COD4 (Call of Duty 4) sold 7 million units in 2 months, so MW2 is doing really well. At this point it's unknown how many units each version of the game sold, but it's pretty clear that the Xbox 360 version is on top.

Videos:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OvN60CFuqg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429l13dS6kQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Screenshots:

uncharted2screenshots.jpg

modernwarfare2-screenshot10-1024x768.jpg

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-screenshot.jpg

PC is and will be Lowest as Many Thousands of PC Players are boycotting because of No Dedi servers,Console Port, And now Peer vs Peer Multiplayer with massively bad pings and its limited to 18 players and IW are just ignoring the pc players. Its $60 For a game with less and worse features than COD 4.

im sure console sales are always more than pc for COD franchise anyway so IW probably dont give a stuff because even the bloke in charge of IW said they never wanted COD on pc in the first place it was Activision that made them but now they've backed off and said its up to IW

im sure console sales are always more than pc for COD franchise anyway so IW probably dont give a stuff because even the bloke in charge of IW said they never wanted COD on pc in the first place it was Activision that made them but now they've backed off and said its up to IW

COD Started off with the PC. So why should they give up on what actually has got them to where they are now.

but was originally on the quake3 engine?

You are correct, Call of Duty used the Quake 3 engine (iD Tech 3) Call of Duty 2 was the first game in the franchise to use its own in house game engine.

FWIW I'm not too bothered about the lack of dedicated server support, it never held the console versions back or the community around those versions. So far as modding is concerned I think PC users have come to (wrongly) assume a god given right to hack and modify any game they so wish and thats why the day after the PC version of MW2 was released the hacks and cheats appeared on the net.

Up until the current generation of consoles I've done my FPS gaming on the PC going back to the first few FPS games - Wolfenstein and Doom and gamed online through dial-up BBS services and on the internet since DOS 5 but the ammount of cheating means I now spend more time on my consoles. They are not completely cheat proof but a lot cleaner than the PC versions.

I think MW2 is a great game. I loved CoD4 and maybe thats taken a little bit of the shine off MW2 because I knew what to expect but the multiplay is well designed though the campaign feels like it could be more like an expansion pack but the single player is a sideshow for me, multiplayer is what its all about as far as I'm concerned.

So far as modding is concerned I think PC users have come to (wrongly) assume a god given right to hack and modify any game they so wish and thats why the day after the PC version of MW2 was released the hacks and cheats appeared on the net.

Modding isn't the same as hacking - creating things like Promod and Zombie mod isn't the same as making aimbots and wallhacks. The PC version should have mods, new maps and new game mods keep it interesting for a long time.

Modding isn't the same as hacking - creating things like Promod and Zombie mod isn't the same as making aimbots and wallhacks. The PC version should have mods, new maps and new game mods keep it interesting for a long time.
100% agree, we pay more for hardware than console gamers, we started a lot of these franchises and why should I pay a games company money (for doing next to nothing cost wise) when someone out there releases free maps/mods because they have a passion for gaming/the game and not for money......fu*k COD MW2, bring on BF BC2.

Bad Company 2 is still a console port in essence. No dedicated servers P2P gaming. Just like 1943 will be. BF3 is what im really waiting for!......Its going to be a hell of a wait!

According to everything I've heard about the game the PC version will be a specific version and will have proper dedi servers that you can rent.

Yeh, after IW announced no dedi, DICE leaped up from the crowd and, I'd say, they got a lot of followers because of it. Also, all of DICE's games on the PC have been dedicated server focused.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%