AC Calibra DTM @ Lausitzring - Wednesday 30th Sept 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
John, I've just had my first look @ the combo. Is it meant to be a bumpy experience?
From comments in the download page it seems to be very realistic Patrick. Tried std setup and it didn't seem too bad, then went to my old Mosport setup and it's a harsher ride, but faster (only imo).

Then curiosity got to me, google search brings up stuff like this:
"....The bike was not comfortable to ride, it wasn’t behaving nicely and this track is so bumpy, I felt like I was wrestling the bike all the time,”
and
“It wasn’t an easy race. I went off in pursuit of Luggi (Auer), but he was too far away. I’ve always managed really well at the Lausitzring. Maybe bumpy tracks just suit me.” https://www.touringcartimes.com/201...n-for-the-championship-after-lausitzring-win/

But yeah, if I had a motion rig my piles would complain :p :laugh:

Last edited:
50 minutes of defending against faster drivers! I'm totally exhausted:speechless:. Finished 3th and 4th. I lost a lot of time in the braking at the end of both straights. I couldn't brake any harder without blocking. I wish I knew why others can. Also my widescreen monitor is broken so I used a normal one which meant that the turns on the end of the straights were blind for me.

But it was great fun. Thanks all for racing and John for organising:thumbsup:. I'm already excited for the special LeMans event:)!

Totally knackered, müde, moe, stanco, cansado, fatigué, ooohh man that was good!

Huge thanks for the turnout tonight guys, really appreciate it! In hindsight, I reckon it's a tough track (though other cars could be very good here!), made Sebring feel like a deep pile carpet :laugh:

Fantastic battles throughout the field too - 1st race made the mistake of using the mediums when it became obvious the softs lasted forever... I used a setup that ate them in practice, then a different one for the race, big mistake:unsure: ...though that didn't affect @Neilski on mediums, amazing performance fella!

1st race was great fun! got a bad start and was in a @HF2000 and @thom462 sandwich, great racing by both of you guys! 2nd race used the softs, got lucky with @Axel Moebius and @Neilski being held back, yet another load of pressure from Thomas, then Axel closing me down later - nerves just held out :laugh:

Next week we'll be doing something a bit different and really hope you can join us - a Le Mans Group C Special event - our good buddy @Bobby Pennington has done great homework to give this event a proper twist, or three! 60 mins race, 200% fuel and 150% tyres... tactics and consistency brought into play! Thread will be up tomorrow, but in the meantime, thanks to all for tonight, a real pleasure to race with you guys:)

Last edited:
That was some awesome, close and intense racing.

First race @HF2000 , @Medilloni and myself had close racing nearly the whole race which was so much much fun, thx guys. Hoped to get more slipstream on the straight but somehow it didn't kick in on the start-finish straight so it was hard to pass.

Second race was fun as well, was leading a while which was great. Made two little mistakes but finished on the rostrum the first time by my own here not profiting from other crashes so I am happy with my pace.

Congrats @Medilloni and @Axel Moebius and thx for organizing.

Cu

#ForzaAlex

That was some combo. Very intense. Congrats to the podiums they were miles ahead.
I managed a 1.47 in race 2 which I was happy with. The racing was of such high quality. Very very fair which makes it so realistic.
Was great racing with you Morne :thumbsup:, that was great fun at the end.

That was definitely one of the best events I've ever raced in! Was great fun George!

I was honestly not expecting this bumpy mess to be that fun!

Definitely looking forward to racing with you again in the future!

Thanks for organising!

Last edited:
Well, that was awesome!

Happy with the qualifying. First race was a bummer due to my own mistakes. Went inside in the first corner and that meant pretty much starting again from the back. A failed overtake in the first corner a few laps later rendered the same messy result. apologies for whoever I touched with.

The second race was possibly the best race I had at RD. very nice fight with @GEO147 for the better part of the race. I was sweating like a pig after the race :roflmao:.

Thanks for organizing @Medilloni , awesome combo.
I'll try and go piece my desk back together after those slightly bumpy corners :whistling:

As mentioned last night chaps, next week's event is now up!

Really hope you can make it.... it's a bit different to the usual Weds format, something our buddy Craig used to do just to spice Wednesday's up, a one-off special event, :sneaky:;)

Practice server is up, configured with fuel and tyre rates for the race:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%