AC Calibra DTM @ Lausitzring - Wednesday 30th Sept 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Medilloni

Premium
Calibra DTM header.jpg
The Lausitzring really gets the best out of Opel's 480bhp 4wd DTM Calibra; praised for it's fantastic handling last time out at Mosport, this is going to be an action-packed 2 x 25 minute races, so tag a mate in and join us!

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody! - from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help then don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
(the menu-bar link to connect to us on TS is no longer on RD but the info on this page will explain how to create a bookmark and enter your real name - don't hesitate to ask in this thread if you need help!)
Incident Reporting: Click here
Highly Recommended App
: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

• Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU Practice Calibra #04
  • Race Server: Racedepartment.com EU Race Calibra #05

Car: Opel Calibra DTM 1996 v1.0 (Download)

Track: Lausitzring 1.31 (
Download)
Layout: GP
Track
Temps: 29c
Track Condition: Clear

Schedule (EU): Wed 30th September 2020
Official practice: 19:00 UTC / 20:00 BST (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC / 20:20 BST (20 minutes)
Race 1: 19:40 UTC / 20:40 BST (25 minutes)
Break: 20:05 / 21:05 BST (3-4 minutes) Approx
Race 2: 20:08 UTC / 21:08 BST (25 minutes) - Reverse Grid Top Five

Entry List :
  1. Medilloni
  2. GEO147
  3. HF2000
  4. pattikins
  5. Neilski
  6. Julius Sriubsa
  7. thom462
  8. Kek700
  9. Sandro Scerri
  10. Michel vL
  11. joeymac
  12. stribbeck
  13. Morne Du Plooy
  14. Axel Moebius
  15. Daniel Kornblum
  16. emarchena
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
Practice server is up!

UTP # 48 jp

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak & server. Not doing so WILL result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Forgot to add these in the main thread - 2 setups, my messy effort :laugh: and another kindly provided by @pretend racer Jason. Hope anyone can find them of use, they're from Mosport but seem to work well here (only tried a few laps, thoughts were maybe to turn rear power down a click).

Attachments

• Donington Mosport 18.3 jp wip.ini
    974 bytes · Views: 62
  • Donnington Mosposrt 18.3jp modified soft arb.ini
    976 bytes · Views: 70
In as 2nd! Does this car also had the fuel consumption problem or was it a tyre eating thing?

And a new track for me! Nice. Thanks a lot, John!

Last edited:
In as 2nd! Does this car also had the fuel consumption problem or was it a tyre eating thing?

And a new track for me! Nice. Thanks a lot, John!
Got me wondering there Han... just checked the Opel event in April and all's well with fuel and tyres, though I have raised the temps slightly. Welcome aboard:thumbsup:

Count me in please John.
Good to see you Patrick, 'yer in;)

Too bad that this car mod has the Empty aero LUTs issue, which can fill your HD if driving the car. It can be easily fixed in CM, but I'd guess that will result in a checksum error on the server?

Too bad that this car mod has the Empty aero LUTs issue, which can fill your HD if driving the car. It can be easily fixed in CM, but I'd guess that will result in a checksum error on the server?
Do you mean the log files get big?
I just had a look in the download discussion thread. There's no mention of the issue that I can see. Has anyone ever mentioned it to the mod author? He was last seen here about a month ago and might be very happy to update the mod with such a simple fix.
Edit: I just found a mention of it back in 2017. I guess the author didn't fix it...

Last edited:
Do you mean the log files get big?
I just had a look in the download discussion thread. There's no mention of the issue that I can see. Has anyone ever mentioned it to the mod author? He was last seen here about a month ago and might be very happy to update the mod with such a simple fix.
Edit: I just found a mention of it back in 2017. I guess the author didn't fix it...

Some people had issues with the car when it was run @ Donnington, but I don't recall any complaints @ Mosport.

Hi, I would like to join as well. I'm new to sim racing. Thank you.
Always great to see a new face, welcome Julius :)

If it's your first time with us here on Wednesdays, please familiarise yourself with the rules and info (especially re Teamspeak and the server, using real names etc) in the first two posts.

If you need any help feel free to post here, any of us on here will be glad to lend a hand:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 165 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.4%