AC Calibra DTM @ Donington - Sunday 16 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I settled on the Ferrari 312T F1 Car - lol - possibly not the most accurate of sounds but it's much kinder on the ear.
Thanks James, do you just copy the other car sound file and replace in the Opel file?

I take it the file is the .bank under 'sfx' of the car?

And will it work when on the server?

Apologies to @Craig Dunkley for the off topic 'n picking your brains in this thread..... and I was thinking of the Nissan Primera sound:inlove:

So many questions, so little time:p:laugh:

Thanks James, do you just copy the other car sound file and replace in the Opel file?

I take it the file is the .bank under 'sfx' of the car?

And will it work when on the server?

Apologies to @Craig Dunkley for the off topic 'n picking your brains in this thread..... and I was thinking of the Nissan Primera sound:inlove:

So many questions, so little time:p:laugh:
I did it in CM - was really easy - when in the car's content page, there's a tab 'Replace' Sound'. click on that and the cars with the correct rev range pop up.

If you try and replace it with another car that doesn't rev as high, it sounds arse.

If you don't have CM get it - it's awesome.

I did it in CM - was really easy - when in the car's content page, there's a tab 'Replace' Sound'. click on that and the cars with the correct rev range pop up.

If you try and replace it with another car that doesn't rev as high, it sounds arse.

If you don't have CM get it - it's awesome.
Thanks James, and I've been putting off getting CM for months, due to my incredibly poor tech abilities - seems every time I try something like this I have to reinstall AC:laugh: I'll have another look today and try and work up the courage to try it.:thumbsup:

Thanks James, and I've been putting off getting CM for months, due to my incredibly poor tech abilities - seems every time I try something like this I have to reinstall AC:laugh: I'll have another look today and try and work up the courage to try it.:thumbsup:
I'm with you mate - I was quite daunted by it to start with but it's actually really easy to use and the ability to set up presets for races and training is simply brilliant. The online interface is a billion times better too.

Simply put - if I can get on with it, anyone can.

@Craig Dunkley Hi Craig, I know this sounds bonkers, but I've been on all the AC servers, loads up fine, only thing that doesn't work is selecting a gear!! I've just tried other public servers and all works perfectly.

----------------------------------
If you want a laugh, I've spent the last 2 hrs:
Downloaded CM, all good.
Changed the sound for the Opel (lovely Alfa sounds) as James suggested, all good and working in game.
Went on server and couldn't select gears
Re-installed the car, still no gears on server
Then tried other cars on the server, couldn't get gears
Uninstalled CM, same again
Did a Steam integrity check, no good
Did a PC roll back, no good.
:mad::mad::roflmao:

@Craig Dunkley Hi Craig, I know this sounds bonkers, but I've been on all the AC servers, loads up fine, only thing that doesn't work is selecting a gear!! I've just tried other public servers and all works perfectly.

----------------------------------
If you want a laugh, I've spent the last 2 hrs:
Downloaded CM, all good.
Changed the sound for the Opel (lovely Alfa sounds) as James suggested, all good and working in game.
Went on server and couldn't select gears
Re-installed the car, still no gears on server
Then tried other cars on the server, couldn't get gears
Uninstalled CM, same again
Did a Steam integrity check, no good
Did a PC roll back, no good.
:mad::mad::roflmao:

Sorry John I could have saved you a lot of time ...it is fixed now...the server does have a mind of its own at times.

With regards to sound file (sfx folder) ...if there is an issue you will still be able to drive, you just will not have sound ...but using default kunos sounds should be fine :thumbsup:

CM is a superb app, it delves deep within AC ...if you prefer you can rename your .bank file in your sfx folder and cut and past a new bank file in there ....but CM makes it a much simpler process

CM is a superb app, it delves deep within AC ...if you prefer you can rename your .bank file in your sfx folder and cut and past a new bank file in there ....but CM makes it a much simpler process
Thanks Craig, but I think I'll stick with using standard-everything for a few days, then might revisit CM when everything is working as it should again. Certainly, the Opel will stay with the tractor sound!!

Quick question - all info I can find says you can put the CM.exe just about anywhere that's accessible, someone suggested putting it in the main AC folder 'apps', alongside 'python' which I did, is that the best place for it?

Thanks Craig, but I think I'll stick with using standard-everything for a few days, then might revisit CM when everything is working as it should again. Certainly, the Opel will stay with the tractor sound!!

Quick question - all info I can find says you can put the CM.exe just about anywhere that's accessible, someone suggested putting it in the main AC folder 'apps', alongside 'python' which I did, is that the best place for it?

I have mine installed as a standalone, when you have finished installing it, it asks you to point to your assetto corsa.exe ..that is it, now you just use CM to start AC ...It does not touch your default launcher, you can still start Assetto Corsa with your current desktop icon...it is totally separate to your current launcher, you will NOT cause any harm.

If you decide to donate? (you will be able to do more things) ..the greyed out items will be available. When I learnt just how good it was, I happily donated ....your choice of course :thumbsup:

I have mine installed as a standalone, when you have finished installing it, it asks you to point to your assetto corsa.exe ..that is it, now you just use CM to start AC ...It does not touch your default launcher, you can still start Assetto Corsa with your current desktop icon...it is totally separate to your current launcher, you will NOT cause any harm.

If you decide to donate? (you will be able to do more things) ..the greyed out items will be available. When I learnt just how good it was, I happily donated ....your choice of course :thumbsup:
Thanks Craig, I did the full paid-for download and it looks terrific, it was just the perfect timing of downloading it then immediately going on the server for a Friday afternoon skive online, only to find the gear problem, assumed I'd made a bollocks of it:laugh:

Will set it up again tomorrow... err, after I've checked the server:whistling::p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 121 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 128 13.6%