Calabogie Motorsports Park

Tracks Calabogie Motorsports Park 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
LilSki submitted a new resource:

Calabogie Motorsports Park - CMP

View attachment 339557

About
This world-class facility is home to the longest track in Canada, at 5.05 km in length, consisting of 20 turns, measuring 40 feet wide, and featuring a 2,000 ft long straightaway. Since opening in the fall of 2006, the Alan Wilson designed track has become the preferred destination for North American motorsports enthusiasts. The Calabogie track has been designed to provide a challenging, safe and charismatic venue for amateur and club level...

Read more about this resource...

Can't say I'm a fan of the track and its layout, but this sure again cements the bar of what's the pinnacle of track recreation for AC (btw, was Tor Poznan also vehicle mounted LiDAR or was that aerial?)

The more I drive it the more I like it. After 5 laps it felt like it is all about blind corners. The track must be designed by the same person who designed Barber motorsports park (IT IS, I checked lol) because it has the exact same kind of feel and flow to it. Every apex of every corner is on top of some hill and the last and first corner sections are very similar and there are lots of quadruple triple apexes and late apexes and blind ...apexes. But after 10 laps you learn to use the power of the cones and some of the corners start to flow a lot better and there is suddenly a lot more speed everywhere.

The temptation corner feels like the most awkward corner I've driven in a very long time. I'd say the latter 50% of the track is perfect. Fast kinks, nicely connected combinations of corners and it flows really well.The first half feels a bit too samey. The full track is a bit longer than I assumed. I was sort of expecting something in the range of 3.5km.

Only technical issues I noticed was some popup especially on the main straight. I think some trees were also popping on the end of the back straight too. But I see people are using the review feature of this forum for bug reporting and you already commented on that.

The more I drive it the more I like it. After 5 laps it felt like it is all about blind corners. The track must be designed by the same person who designed Barber motorsports park (IT IS, I checked lol) because it has the exact same kind of feel and flow to it. Every apex of every corner is on top of some hill and the last and first corner sections are very similar and there are lots of quadruple triple apexes and late apexes and blind ...apexes. But after 10 laps you learn to use the power of the cones and some of the corners start to flow a lot better and there is suddenly a lot more speed everywhere.

The temptation corner feels like the most awkward corner I've driven in a very long time. I'd say the latter 50% of the track is perfect. Fast kinks, nicely connected combinations of corners and it flows really well.The first half feels a bit too samey. The full track is a bit longer than I assumed. I was sort of expecting something in the range of 3.5km.

Only technical issues I noticed was some popup especially on the main straight. I think some trees were also popping on the end of the back straight too. But I see people are using the review feature of this forum for bug reporting and you already commented on that.
I felt the same way about it when I first started driving it. Then once you start linking corners together it all starts to fall in place. The cones really do help and are placed exactly as they are in real life. They were not present in the scan but you can clearly see where they usually are by the dead grass and marks they put on the track so they place them in the right place each time.

Example of where the T2 apex cone is.
1576765312477.png

As for the trees I guess I got a tad aggressive on the LOD values. They were fine on both of my machines but I guess for some they pop in too much. I tried something new with the trees to help performance and I guess I just went a tad too far. I will adjust in the next update.

On the subject of cones... I had to do a quick edit on the .dds and make them yellow as I wasn't picking the red up very easily against the green grass. Like 8% of all males I've got mild red/green colour blindness (can see the colours fine, but if there's a baked bean in the middle of a plate of peas... nope. All peas, according to me) but I can't remember having this issue before on other tracks, so was wondering if any of the other 8% do? Might be a function of the new CSP 3D grass or maybe I just need more Glenmorangie.

I felt the same way about it when I first started driving it. Then once you start linking corners together it all starts to fall in place. The cones really do help and are placed exactly as they are in real life. They were not present in the scan but you can clearly see where they usually are by the dead grass and marks they put on the track so they place them in the right place each time.

Example of where the T2 apex cone is.

The real trick is that in real life they are actually in the wrong place for turn in haha

Hi. I'm a noob to installing new tracks in AC. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am working on a Windows-10 PC. I downloaded, unzipped, and moved the lilski-calabogie folder to /content/tracks. But now I cannot find the track in track selector. I have checked the structure of the lilski folder to see that it matches the structure of many of the tracks that came pre-installed on AC. It looks the same. I must be missing some step. Thanks in advance for any pointers. Bob.

It should be lilski_calabogie in the content/tracks folder

And then in the game it should be listed at Calabogie Motorsports Park

Hi. I'm a noob to installing new tracks in AC. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I am working on a Windows-10 PC. I downloaded, unzipped, and moved the lilski-calabogie folder to /content/tracks. But now I cannot find the track in track selector. I have checked the structure of the lilski folder to see that it matches the structure of many of the tracks that came pre-installed on AC. It looks the same. I must be missing some step. Thanks in advance for any pointers. Bob.

You need to restart the game if you had it open.

@LilSki Version 0.9 is already very good. :cool:

It's a challenging track that takes a lot of learning. Although I don't like to see cones on apexes because they are an eyesore, on a track like Calabogie they are helpful. Drive from cone to cone and the corners begin to make sense and become enjoyable. I've had a blast working out how to take the blind corners and crests. The Porsche Clubsport GT4 is great at this new AC venue. Thank you for your diligence and hard work. :thumbsup:

Is there a rain config available for this track?
Very simple rain config (according to my taste).

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD, groove1, CURBS, PITLANE
SOAKING_MATERIALS = CURBS, CONCRETE, PITLANE, ARMCO, tso5
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = CONCRETE, ARMCO, tso5
ROUGH_MATERIALS = LAND?, BLENDS, CONCRETE, rocks.dds, SAND
LINES_FILTER_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS = lines

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%