C8.R Spied at Sebring

I have an ongoing debate with a friend of mine regarding reports that the C7.R will race in the 2019 IMSA series and keeping the yet to be announced C8.R under wraps,but not really, until 2020. Not that I don't believe the reports, but the logic behind it makes no sense to me.
I know teams of other series develop cars concurrently to the ones they are actually racing but typically you never hear of them until which time it's time to put up or shut up. Which makes this even more difficult for me to understand...a whole season earlier? Not so secret spy pictures and videos posted all over the webnet. I mean without a few unfortunate circumstances of reliability the Championship could have, and probably should have been the Ford GT of Ganassi Racing in 2018.
It's not like GM is in any position to allocate double resources to Pratt & Miller, not to mention does P & M have the resources to develop the C8.R and make the necessary improvements to get the C7.R in the winners circle, which it could not achieve in 2018?
I like to hear what you think as my wife and I are meeting our friends for dinner and drinks and at some point Corvette Racing and SimRacing will enter the discussion. Maybe I should just tell him how awesome the R3E update is.

Edit: Entry list confirms friend wins another debate
upload_2018-12-29_6-47-31.png

Last edited:
Never really been a fan of Corvettes except for the early model...(1967 and down).
Since the start of the 2014 model release, I'm having to take a second look.
I do like the look and sound of that track version.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back