AC C6R @ Spa - Wednesday 23 Oct 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I need to drop out, only slept couple of hours last night and need to catch some rest :( Was really looking forward to this one, hopefully this ain't the last event with this car :notworthy:

Hi guys just thought i'd post my setup in case anyone is still struggling to make one. let me know what you think

Attachments

• race spa.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 95
it was fun while it lasted. I didn't practice at all :( I've had like 30 min before quali ... I knew I was slow, so I wanted to have some fun, so I started with half of fuel and wanted to make a tyre change, maybe to get back the seconds lost with better tires than the worn ones.
I did mistakes from lap 5 and on lap 8 my back tyres were around 95 degrees and everybody was more than 40s away ... so I just retired. The fun was over.
sorry Dan or Dean, I don't remember who was behind me, in the chicane (lap 5 or 6) I moved under braking abd I nessed uo your braking as well. sorry :(

Oh dear, I made a pigs ass of the server setting, so you can all crucify me, I deserve it.

Wait time for race was 3 mins ..should have been one minute ...:(

And then end of race should have been an extra 5 mins, to allow everybody the opportunity to finish, even if they were 2 laps down ...that is possible with drivers just starting to drive, I truly believe that respect should be shown and allow them to finish ....so sorry drivers, it is not normally like this :thumbsup:

New drivers ..please do not judge me on this event ..my bad, it really was :(

It is amazing how much a family argument can affect you :(

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and I am sorry to all those that were not allowed to finish:(

Next week, we have to race on a Tuesday, the reason will become apparent in the near future. We are racing a great mod, she really is a great car to drive ...get on the practice server (event is already online) I am sure that you will enjoy your drive ....hope to see you all on the grid :thumbsup:

it was fun while it lasted. I didn't practice at all :( I've had like 30 min before quali ... I knew I was slow, so I wanted to have some fun, so I started with half of fuel and wanted to make a tyre change, maybe to get back the seconds lost with better tires than the worn ones.
I did mistakes from lap 5 and on lap 8 my back tyres were around 95 degrees and everybody was more than 40s away ... so I just retired. The fun was over.
sorry Dan or Dean, I don't remember who was behind me, in the chicane (lap 5 or 6) I moved under braking abd I nessed uo your braking as well. sorry :(

no worries raresch, that's racing :) .

Oh dear, I made a pigs ass of the server setting, so you can all crucify me, I deserve it.

And then end of race should have been an extra 5 mins, to allow everybody the opportunity to finish, even if they were 2 laps down ...that is possible with drivers just starting to drive, I truly believe that respect should be shown and allow them to finish ....so sorry drivers, it is not normally like this :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and I am sorry to all those that were not allowed to finish:(

Next week, we have to race on a Tuesday, the reason will become apparent in the near future. We are racing a great mod, she really is a great car to drive ...get on the practice server (event is already online) I am sure that you will enjoy your drive ....hope to see you all on the grid :thumbsup:
Don't worry mate mistakes happen.
Thanks for another great evening. See you all at the next one ✌

No problem, Craig. Without you we wouldn't have these races. And thanks to you my car park is increasing with those good mods! Grateful for that!

Craig : 3 minutes start time was a good exercise to calm down the nerves .
result : no problems through the first corner :thumbsup:

Ok. Had a good qually (3th), a good start (2th) and no big mistakes. But obviously wrong tactic with a pitstop. As I didn't have decent practice it was a guess how the tyres would hold on. And as the softs already went yellow after 5 laps I thought the mediums would be hard to finish with. But on the bright side, I had a lovely battle with Craig in the last laps. Congrads to the podium and thanks Craig for organising.

Mistakes happen. Thank you for another great race! :thumbsup: I'm finally starting to gain confidence on track in this fine little club and the mix of cars and tracks is fantastic. Looking forward to next race! :)

Ok. Had a good qually (3th), a good start (2th) and no big mistakes. But obviously wrong tactic with a pitstop. As I didn't have decent practice it was a guess how the tyres would hold on. And as the softs already went yellow after 5 laps I thought the mediums would be hard to finish with. But on the bright side, I had a lovely battle with Craig in the last laps. Congrads to the podium and thanks Craig for organising.

indeed , i was with softs without change , rear tyres were at 0 % at lap 17 :)

To repeat what Han has just said... you bust a gut for us every week Craig, the odd faux pah is expected. Especially <cough> for one so mature:p:p

Thanks for tonight's race buddy, and congrats to the podium guys as always:thumbsup:

Would be great to see you all at Cadwell Park next Tuesday, I've got 'me picnic ready for The Mountain:coffee:

Think that was me.... Its ok, I locked up briefly and was more focused on trying not to hit you. I'm sure that would look entertaining on the TV cam lol

Made minor adjustments to car, one being wing at 4. Also set TC to 9. But I still couldn't reach the top 3 in qualy. Settled for P4.

Got a great jump at the start! Got down to P3 and defended for about 3 laps till my mistake in the last chicane cost me 2 spots. But I faught back to P4, and Fazzi had to pit late, so I took P3 and finished there.

This was a really nice combo @Craig Dunkley! Thanks for hosting! Only suffered 2 self errors on track, but was consistent otherwise in the race, maybe thanks to the extra wait time at the start. No worries Craig, honest mistakes happen bro.

Congrats to the podium and all who finished and were supposed to finish

hi
i have great problems to drive near the times of the midfield. Excuse to @Medilloni John which i kicked out while you overtake me. I bumped on the outside of the curve on the curb and would be thrown back into your car. Sorry my mistake. I have trained a lot so i have the right tyre decision (hard without pitstop). Don't know why i am so slow on this car. Hopefully it would be better if we race MX5 on Zandvoort in the near future :)
@Craig Dunkley you make a great job for us so we all are glad that you make this happen. And i'm pleased to see you racing a whole race in a fast pace:)
hape

hi
i have great problems to drive near the times of the midfield. Excuse to @Medilloni John which i kicked out while you overtake me. I bumped on the outside of the curve on the curb and would be thrown back into your car. Sorry my mistake. I have trained a lot so i have the right tyre decision (hard without pitstop). Don't know why i am so slow on this car. Hopefully it would be better if we race MX5 on Zandvoort in the near future :)
@Craig Dunkley you make a great job for us so we all are glad that you make this happen. And i'm pleased to see you racing a whole race in a fast pace:)
hape
Hape, I think you were the only one on the hard tyres. That should at last be part of the reason that you couldn't reach the laptimes of the midfield. Didn't try them myself but the mediums were very good on this car/track. It was easy to get them in the right pressure/temperature window for good grip and traction and thus faster laptimes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%