BZF Manager won't import

I can install mods with no problem, I can export files for editing with no problem, but the exported files do not appear for importing. The file list window remains blank (though opened to the folder where the file was exported), clicking in that window gets a popup:

"List index is out of bounds (-1)"

Research divulges this as a generic windows error caused by permissions issues. But system, admin, and my account all have full access to the entire RT folder (and it is nowhere near any "Program Files" folders, being on an entirely separate drive). FTR, all worked well on this system until I did an in place upgrade of Win7 over the original Vista, reinstalled RT a few months ago and just ran into this irritant.

Very strange. Just tested it on Win 7 and the manager in import mode can see the exported files in Rally Trophy\ExportedData sub folder with no problem. The only compatibility I'm using is run as administrator for both the game and bzf manager.

Last edited:
Yes, quite odd. Run as admin is default on my system (UAC disabled), have tried all compatibility from win2000 - win7, same result. Even, clutching at straws, tried limiting affinity; no difference.

No matter what files I export, whether I edit them or not, nothing ever appears in the import list.

Good idea! But I find nothing relating to paths other than the path to the exe. There are windows flags (run as admin, ignore scaling, etc.), "open with" associations, file associations. But perhaps something wasn't written? While the export/import paths show properly in the manager ... where are they stored? There are no cfg or ini files, and nothing i can find in the registry.

This is the registry entry from my system:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\fredizzimo\BZFManager]
"ExportDirectory"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\ExportedData"
"ExportPackage"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\MyPackage.rtp"
"ImportDirectory"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\ExportedData"
"ImportPackage"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\MyPackage.rtp"
"PictureEditor"=""
"SoundEditor"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\WinAmp\\winamp.exe"
"TextEditor"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\NOTEPAD.EXE"
"ShapeEditor"=""
"AssociateRTP"=dword:00000000
Because I have started BZF manager also without admin rights there is a second entry, its the same data, just at different place in the registry:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2737291959-3430197388-16461902-1000_Classes\VirtualStore\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\fredizzimo\BZFManager]
"ExportDirectory"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\ExportedData"
"ExportPackage"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\MyPackage.rtp"
"ImportDirectory"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\ExportedData"
"ImportPackage"="E:\\Games\\JoWooD\\Rally Trophy\\MyPackage.rtp"
"PictureEditor"=""
"SoundEditor"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\WinAmp\\winamp.exe"
"TextEditor"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\NOTEPAD.EXE"
"ShapeEditor"=""
"AssociateRTP"=dword:00000000

Last edited:
This is the registry entry from my system:
Searching for "fredizzimo" rather than BZFManager found the same for me-

fsscr221.jpg

But when I try to import-

bzfman.jpg

I can extend the path manually "...cars\car3\car.ini" and still nothing appears. Clicking in the middle window gets the error message.

So it's not a registry problem. I have never seen something like that. Where is the BZF manager exe located? Mine is inside the Rally Trophy folder, where Rally Trophy.exe is.
I'm guessing you've already checked permissions for ExportedData Folder (properties/security). Nothing else is coming to my mind right now.

Last edited:
Manager is in the root folder, as always. System, admin, and my account (also admin) have full access to entire drive.

I suspect some win7 anomaly since all worked well years ago when system had vista.

Well then the last thing I can think of is reinstalling Rally Trophy and the manager to another location, maybe to another drive. Is this L: an external drive? Maybe that's the problem?

L: is a partition of the primary drive (C, J, and L; odd assignments due to original recovery drive D, optical drive E, a multiple card reader F, G,H, and I, and an external USB drive K; when installing win7 D was merged with C and card reader removed).

Can try install to J or M (latter is secondary drive).

Solution found! Though I've absolutely no idea why this works (which irritates me no end).

I moved the exports folder from the game folder to the root of the drive, so the path is now L:\ExportedData rather than L:\RallyTrophy\ExportedData and all is working again.

Solution found! Though I've absolutely no idea why this works (which irritates me no end).

I moved the exports folder from the game folder to the root of the drive, so the path is now L:\ExportedData rather than L:\RallyTrophy\ExportedData and all is working again.
Great! Good to know that exportedData can be outside of game folder. I was thinking about something like that - moving the export folder somewhere else - but I thought it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back