rF2 ByKolles + S397 Endurance @ Monza - Fri 08 Oct 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
That moment when you accidentally hit the Pause button, reach for the mouse, find out the cursor isn’t showing consistently (VR ‍:ninja:) and then retire to the pits instead of continuing the race

Great fun anyway, thanks everyone for taking part.

@Ingemar Petersson I watched the replay of the start, I really think I couldn’t go anywhere. I saw the Ferrari slightly coming across to the left as well, so it was just an unfortunate chain reaction I guess.
No problem Stefan It was my fault i totaly messed up the start , sorry to you all for that

Just couldn't keep it on track tonight - that was just a bad one.

@Michael Rudolf , sorry for the last lap contact. Not sure if I closed the door too late?
No worries, no contact or anything at all, no complaints about you :thumbsup: ! I had given up this race long before anyway. Not happy with a lot today, that start was just chaos, unbelievable. I tried to leave space to the LMP1 cars ahead but the cars around me obviously thought it's smarter to be a millimeter behind them, I just don't get it :rolleyes:

I was laggy the whole race, I think my computer cannot handle ultra settings with 30 cars :sleep:

Sorry for contact T1 early race, I ended up locking the rear tyres. Don't know who was the P1 overtaking, but I was a bit greedy on this one :whistling: I carried so much speed I messed up....

The race was a bit rowdy, but nothing dramatic in the end :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Nomat16 , so sorry for the contact, just when the race was getting juicy, hope i didn't spoil your race, sorry again mate.
It happens. Also, I think I need some radar like in ACC for this game since I can’t see out of those LMPs. It was pretty scary sometimes being side by side with someone but not really seeing where exactly.

That was good fun and the lovely sized grid made it even better, really proper multiclass feel! :thumbsup:

Practice ealier in the day wasnt going to plan, I knew the default setup wouldnt be fast enough but as soon as I turned down the wing, it lost all balance through the high speed stuff. It was mega fast down the straight but lost all the time in the twisty stuff.
For the heck of it I tried the Nissan engine and boy did that change things around. The low power outside the turbos working range made it easier to get out of corners and coupled with some setup tweaks, it finally started to come together.

In qually I continued to set faster and faster times and ultimately stuck it on pole, but fairly surprisingly Marc @wayphaxx wasnt far behind.

In the race I knew I would be in for a tough time heading down to T1 as I was basically a sitting duck. Lost a few position, and ground, but slowly started to reel Marc in. He then, conveniently right before we encountered traffic, made a mistake in T1-2 and I snuck by. Until he dropped back, we had a good tussle where I had to defend a few times. Great racing Marc, enjoyed that :)
The rest of the race was used to dodge spinning and driving-all-over-the-place GTE's and sometimes the lone LMP2 and also nursing a car that was becomming way too loose out of corners.

That was good fun and the lovely sized grid made it even better, really proper multiclass feel! :thumbsup:

Practice ealier in the day wasnt going to plan, I knew the default setup wouldnt be fast enough but as soon as I turned down the wing, it lost all balance through the high speed stuff. It was mega fast down the straight but lost all the time in the twisty stuff.
For the heck of it I tried the Nissan engine and boy did that change things around. The low power outside the turbos working range made it easier to get out of corners and coupled with some setup tweaks, it finally started to come together.

In qually I continued to set faster and faster times and ultimately stuck it on pole, but fairly surprisingly Marc @wayphaxx wasnt far behind.

In the race I knew I would be in for a tough time heading down to T1 as I was basically a sitting duck. Lost a few position, and ground, but slowly started to reel Marc in. He then, conveniently right before we encountered traffic, made a mistake in T1-2 and I snuck by. Until he dropped back, we had a good tussle where I had to defend a few times. Great racing Marc, enjoyed that :)
The rest of the race was used to dodge spinning and driving-all-over-the-place GTE's and sometimes the lone LMP2 and also nursing a car that was becomming way too loose out of corners.
yeah, it was just "one of those" races for me, i was running close behind you until I spun on the exit of T2 (first chicane) and accidentaly switched the ignition off... Then spent the next 25 seconds trying to figure out wheres the ignition button :laugh: Later on, had a scary moment in ascari, sending it into the wall on the left, and even picking up a DT a few laps later.

I knew on the start that you're faster than me on the straights, so I tried to be aggressive from the get go, cause I knew I was faster through t4 and the lesmos, and if I didnt clear before that, i would be just stuck behind. Anyway, a series of mistakes led to what it is, but I still enjoyed it. Also I managed to steal the fastest lap on the last lap so there's that :D cheers :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Managed to properly avoid practice altogether and only had time for one qualifying lap due to a corrupt installation of the Aston Martin GTE preventing me joining the server. Many thanks to @Ole Marius Myrvold for helping out with that!
The race went well, using the default setup, apart from a small misunderstanding with an BMW GTE in Curva Grande. The ByKolles is a really nice car to drive, it feels very 'alive'.

As always, thanks to @Ole Marius Myrvold for organizing!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%