Bye bye Sweden and hello Mexico!

It is now less than two weeks until I will leave my comfy home in Sweden to go to exchange studies in Monterrey Mexico for half a year! :D
If anyone has any tips about Monterrey or any other place in Mexico I should visit so please post it here.
So far things have gone relatively well, only thing that is troubling me at the moment is that I have to enter on a tourist visa because somehow my admission letter is in the hands of a poor mailman in Switzerland trying to find Stockholm.
And yes they do not seem to be able to differ between a Swede and Swiss :p

Nice! :) i lived in Monterrey for 8 years and it is a lovely place, and it had a racetrack in the parque fundidora park an open wheel series used to go there i think. Ciudad Juarez is not dangerous,if you're not a journalist no problem. There are a lot of places you can go to in Monterrey, and in the whole republic, just be carefull with "tourist" places, there are places with more tourists than locals don't go there ;) also there are very calm nice places that aren't full of tourists in many Mexican landmarks, it's about finding a good spot and being carefull with people who offer special deals or that kind of stuff when traveling, it is possible to have a nice trip without paying for an expensive tourist hotel. Mexican IQ isn't high so Switzerland = Suiza. Sweden = Suecia. A lot of people will get confused with that :p

Have a nice time

bienvenido

and most importantly : NEVER EVER EVER accept chiles from someone in the street (you'll end up crying) and if someone is laughing when you're about to eat a chile, DO NOT EAT IT!

also beware of habanero

Nice! :) i lived in Monterrey for 8 years and it is a lovely place, and it had a racetrack in the parque fundidora park an open wheel series used to go there i think. Ciudad Juarez is not dangerous,if you're not a journalist no problem. There are a lot of places you can go to in Monterrey, and in the whole republic, just be carefull with "tourist" places, there are places with more tourists than locals don't go there ;) also there are very calm nice places that aren't full of tourists in many Mexican landmarks, it's about finding a good spot and being carefull with people who offer special deals or that kind of stuff when traveling, it is possible to have a nice trip without paying for an expensive tourist hotel. Mexican IQ isn't high so Switzerland = Suiza. Sweden = Suecia. A lot of people will get confused with that :p

Have a nice time

bienvenido

and most importantly : NEVER EVER EVER accept chiles from someone in the street (you'll end up crying) and if someone is laughing when you're about to eat a chile, DO NOT EAT IT!

also beware of habanero

Haha thanks I am a fan for mexican food (especially with a little spice in them) but I would prefer not having to crack a fire hydrant in the middle of the street ;)

I was in Cancun in 2001 but from what I saw there and experience the mexican people seems to be very nice and the country as well.
I think I will have a good time in Monterrey, and I promise to post some pictures and information from there.
By the way since you've lived there, are there any racing events in Monterrey at the moment (not necessarily at Fundidora Park)?
Being a former member of the Swedish Motorsport Council I would really like to watch some.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%