Buying Steering Wheel (advice needed)

So I can finally buy a steering wheel. Now, to my knowladge, there is no wheel compatible with both xbox and pc. If you know one, feel free to mention it.

If there isn't one, for which machine would you buy one for? I have rFactor and F1 2011 on my PC and Forza 4 on my xbox 360. I'm also certainly buying F1 2012 for the xbox as soon as it comes out.

Finally, which wheel do you recommend?

I know this is a very subjective matter.
I deeply appreciate your help.

The only decent wheel cheaper than a G27 or a Fanatec set is the DFGT. If you are desperate then a used MS wheel is OK for your first wheel but you will soon want something better since it feels very much like a kid's toy (which is why I say the DFGT is the only decent one).

Don't know what your set up is like but another thing to consider is how you're gonna mount the wheel. I have mine on a Wheelstand Pro which will add another €130 approx to the final figure
+1
Fanatec sell their own wheel stand that has a better base for their pedals for about the same I think.

Upvote 0
I believe the DFGT and the Fanatec are equal in price now. Arround 99 euro for both of them here.
I got my DFGT even for 65 euros 3 years back. But when Gran Turismo got released they moved the price up.
Reallly bad imo.

Upvote 0
Go with the MS wheel if that's your first wheel. It was my first wheel and I used it for nearly 2 years without any problems. Heck, the way Xbox games are setup, I was even quicker with the MS wheel as opposed to a 500$ Fanatec!

But if you want to go to the PC side of things, you'll need to save up, cause things are expensive over here. XD

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years