Buying my first racing sim and am asking for some advice

Hi everyone,
due to the current Covid-19 situation my races were moved from the track to iracing. As I am relatively new to sim racing but would still like to partake in the races I signed up for, I wanted to ask for some insight in the racing hardware I chose to buy and if you think I've made the right decisions.
I already own a wooden cockpit and would use my old 64" Plasma TV as a monitor until I decide to upgrade it for something more permanent.
I gave myself a budget of around 2.000 Euro for the remaining hardware and aimed to get a realistic sim for my money spent.
Computer: Xtrem 4K Monster Gaming PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600; 16gb DDR4-3000; Geforce RTX 2060 6GB DDR6
Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite racing wheel
Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport pedals v3
Any insight would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.

That's definitely a solid build and will easily handle anything you throw at it.However,I would suggest getting an RTX 2070 8Gb as the XX70 series of nvidia GPU's give the most bang per buck.It will also be more future proof so you can go longer before you need another upgrade.
Have fun and stay safe.

Upvote 0
That's definitely a solid build and will easily handle anything you throw at it.However,I would suggest getting an RTX 2070 8Gb as the XX70 series of nvidia GPU's give the most bang per buck.It will also be more future proof so you can go longer before you need another upgrade.
Have fun and stay safe.
Great, thanks for the advice

Upvote 0
I would suggest a proper 144hz monitor, or VR for the immersion. Playing on a big tv will most probably include input lag and bay destroy the experience a little bit, and even maybe destroy some races if there is a critical situation where reflex is key. Try to try the game out somewhere on 144hz or VR and see if it’s a big difference for you personally. Just a suggestion. Your pc is good

Upvote 0
I would suggest a proper 144hz monitor, or VR for the immersion. Playing on a big tv will most probably include input lag and bay destroy the experience a little bit, and even maybe destroy some races if there is a critical situation where reflex is key. Try to try the game out somewhere on 144hz or VR and see if it’s a big difference for you personally. Just a suggestion. Your pc is good

I agree.

I have an Acer 'Predator' monitor, model 'XB271HU', 27", IPS panel, 2560x1440 @ 144-165hz. Extremely pleased with it over these last 3-4 yrs. It is MUCH better for fast action gaming than a large TV.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years