Buying advice please - Next Level v3 Motion Platform

I'm looking for some advice and thoughts of other owners or people with good knowledge of the product, please.

I always said I'd buy myself a motion simulator if I could afford one and had the room available. Well, that day may have arrived. I'm impressed by what I've seen of the Next Level v3 Motion Platform

This seems to meet all my criteria:

+ Limited space requirements, I don't have room for a huge sim rig but this seems compact enough to work.
+ Works with Oculus Rift VR, that fixed head position setting solution is impressive
+ Great support and regular updates from the developers
+ Available in the UK
+ Works with my current Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.
+ Sub £3k for the full setup, I'm not a pro racer I'm not looking for a practice simulator this is just for fun so the cost/fun balance has to be right.

So help me do the man maths! Is it worth it?

Is there another similar product I should also look at? It would need to be reasonably compact, work with VR, available in the UK without too much hassle and in the same £3-5K price range.

Is there anywhere I can try one or even better several of the systems in the UK?

The settings for tactile may have been altered in the update thus giving too much intensity for the unit to keep up with. Try turning down as Soul suggested and see what happens. My Mini LFE's will cut out using Shake It also if the gain is too high for them. They will come back on straight away but the feedback is instantly cut once too much gain is detected.

Upvote 0
Is this NLV3 a game changer? I mean, does it add a lot of immersion to the driving experience? I’m really looking for a compact motion hardware to add to my
4play alluminium cockpit and oculus rift.
Is it strong enough for a big guy like me( 110kg)?
Last question, how is this motion with rfactor2? It is the only sim that I use. Thanks

Upvote 0
Unit is rated for 130Kg. I think that's the seat and user so you should be fine unless you're running a super heavy seat. The immersion is such that when you run with it turned off you feel a gulf between what you should feel and what you actually are feeling relative to your inputs and what you see in front of you. It adds a HUGE amount to the experience and that only gets better when in VR. I'd say VR is how you get the most out of the V3, or any seat mover really. Motion with rF2 is great, like most of the titles the software supports and is no worse than any other sim I drive. I have pretty much all the main players. Of course setting up the profiles correct to how you feel is the most authentic will come down to personal taste. Out of the box the unit it good but it's when you tune the sliders to your liking is when it comes alive. We have a thread here to help newer users try out profiles that have been developed over time and also as the software has matured and gained features not available when we purchased.

If you're after compact, relatively cost effective and easy to use motion platform that has a heap of games supported and also heaps of people using it giving feedback on mounting and profiles, this is a really good place to start looking. Also Next Level seem to have a great distribution capacity around the world with many resellers local to people in many places. Some have had issues but overall the coverage that Next Level have achieved is impressive.

Upvote 0
Is this NLV3 a game changer? I mean, does it add a lot of immersion to the driving experience? I’m really looking for a compact motion hardware to add to my
4play alluminium cockpit and oculus rift.
Is it strong enough for a big guy like me( 110kg)?
Last question, how is this motion with rfactor2? It is the only sim that I use. Thanks

Having had mine for a few months now (ac and some iracing) I’d say it’s a nice addition but last on my list of important components. The OSW comes first by a mile followed by VR, P1 rig, HE pedals and then the motion.

The biggest pros are the speed of the unit. I’ve never noticed a lag from what I feel in the wheel and see on the screen vs what’s being translated by the unit. It’s compact and the software is easy to get started with.

The problem is that you’re limited to the output of the physics engine of the game and then matching that to the interpretation by the motion software and then hand tuning it with the software controls. So 5 of us can could have very different motion experiences running the same same car and track combo. I’d say the motion platform(s) are great for immersion but I’d question the realism elements.

I’m no faster or slower with it.

Upvote 0
I use the NLRv3 for about 9 months now. A racegame that doesn't support the platform is a bit 'dull/numb' with regards to immersion. So I would recommend this platform. Not sure if it is true or it is personal but I think Rfactor2 has the best integration with this NLRv3 with 'out of the box' settings. Although my personal racesim is now R3E, AC(C) and they also work perfectly together with this motion platform.

Good to know @RobertR1 My DD wheel still has to arrive around april so very curious about that experience and I am already and still impressed with this CSL Elite, v3 pedals together with the NLRv3 and Oculus Rift.

Upvote 0
Yea, I have already a solid aluminum profile cockpit,HE pro pedal, oculus rift...... I have the ts-pc steering wheel and it’s great wheel. Do you think it’s really worth to upgrade to AccuForce V2 ?

Upvote 0
Here is my new toy. I use tactile from SimXperience (SimVibe), which is way better than NLRv3. I just need to figure how to mount rear transducers in aesthetic way. What is funny, whenever I think that is the final stage of my motion rig, there are always some occasional upgrades on the way.

cockpit2019.jpg

Upvote 0
This used to happen to me, and I think I was running my buttkicker too loud, so it would auto disconnect after reaching a certain temperature. Have you tried lowering the intensity on the amp?

I would have to say the loss of tactile is a NLR V3 issue of some sort. I purchased Simvibe just make sure I wasn't going crazy and it works perfectly for any length of time. I make sure to always run it at a level so that it rarely goes red. I have also been able to diagnostic test the tactile level repeatedly for minutes and it never stops. I can also run the sim have it cut out after 6 seconds, hit pause then return to the game and then immediately get another 6 seconds. So based on all that I don't think it's an overheating issue, though I have seen that and understand what you mean.

I've heard their support is so responsive but I never received a reply. I have to say also that Simvibe has waaaaayyyy better fidelity (totally impressed) but it's a bit of hassle to run yet another piece of software. I particularly have trouble getting it to run with Asseto Corsa Content Manager, so I still have a real interest in getting the V3 to work again. Oh well I'll write support again.

Does anyone know how to do a clean install of motion software? After a hard drive crashed and I moved some file locations around and I've never been able get it to launch several games. It will work if I launch the game first but wont launch it from the motion app. I deleted the user folder, then uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't completely reset to fresh.

thanks

Upvote 0
The ForceSeat software is not a dedicated tactile software. It's included as a bonus for people that have a tactile unit such as the Buttkicker Gamer 2. You don't need to pay for it but it allows you to at least try out tactile. If you want a proper tactile experience you need to look toward something that specializes in it. I have had tactile longer than motion and I've never even used the tactile feature of ForceSeat.

Upvote 0
If you want a proper tactile experience you need to look toward something that specializes in it. I have had tactile longer than motion and I've never even used the tactile feature of ForceSeat.

True - if someone does not want to have this dead platform feeling under the pedals NLRv3 is a good starter. If I never had SimVibe I would stick to NLRv3. Since I am able to compare, SimVibe wins in terms of being finicky

Upvote 0
IMG_20190106_120305.jpg
IMG_20190106_120247.jpg
@wajdi
As you can see it's a straight forward installation. I used a blanket to raise it at the right height and the extra profiles from the tilt kit.

In regards to AF, that is definitely a game changer. I did not try any other DD, but I was told less than a year ago by a very well known custom wheels builder that SimXperience is the software to go for AC, while Simucube has a slight advantage on iR.

Personally, I am very happy with AutoTune tool (just got the last update that improves mixing the game and SimXperience FFB together) and it's a real treat. I''m sure the TC-PC is better compared to the T300 I had, but I doubt will match any DD.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
View attachment 284802 View attachment 284803 @wajdi
As you can see it's a straight forward installation. I used a blanket to raise it at the right height and the extra profiles from the tilt kit.

In regards to AF, that is definitely a game changer. I did not try any other DD, but I was told less than a year ago by a very well known custom wheels builder that SimXperience is the software to go for AC, while Simucube has a slight advantage on iR.

Personally, I am very happy with AutoTune tool (just got the last update that improves mixing the game and SimXperience FFB together) and it's a real treat. I''m sure the TC-PC is better compared to the T300 I had, but I doubt will match any DD.
Thanks.... can you post more pictures of your rig?

Upvote 0
I would have to say the loss of tactile is a NLR V3 issue of some sort. I purchased Simvibe just make sure I wasn't going crazy and it works perfectly for any length of time. I make sure to always run it at a level so that it rarely goes red. I have also been able to diagnostic test the tactile level repeatedly for minutes and it never stops. I can also run the sim have it cut out after 6 seconds, hit pause then return to the game and then immediately get another 6 seconds. So based on all that I don't think it's an overheating issue, though I have seen that and understand what you mean.

I've heard their support is so responsive but I never received a reply. I have to say also that Simvibe has waaaaayyyy better fidelity (totally impressed) but it's a bit of hassle to run yet another piece of software. I particularly have trouble getting it to run with Asseto Corsa Content Manager, so I still have a real interest in getting the V3 to work again. Oh well I'll write support again.

Does anyone know how to do a clean install of motion software? After a hard drive crashed and I moved some file locations around and I've never been able get it to launch several games. It will work if I launch the game first but wont launch it from the motion app. I deleted the user folder, then uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't completely reset to fresh.

thanks

Hi Mr Scamp,

We see that you've mentioned you haven't received a reply from us. Are you able to let us know the email that you've attempted to contact us with as we haven't seen an email from you regarding this.

Please try contact support@nextlevelracing.com again as we would love to help out in any way possible.

Kind Regards,

NLR Team

Upvote 0
If you're talking about the GT Ultimate V2 cockpit, then it will take the force but you will feel some flex, depending how good you are at securing all the bolts as tightly as they can be, and also if you are using the extra bracing they give you which connects the front end to the rear. It removes some of the customisation options in the pedal deck but I wouldn't be worried about that as long as the rig fits your person, that's all that should matter. You don't buy $2k pedals for visitors, right?

That being said, look what I have done here:View attachment 229503

There are two of these, one on either side. You can stand on my pedal deck and it will not move. Simple bracing with some brackets from work that I cut to size and cleaned the edges up on.

The Ultimate's have around 120kg of maximum pedal force, my CSP V3's have around 90. So, similar load and I have no doubt that if I mounted Ultimate's on my rig they would be fine, with no flex.

Also, the Next Level platform has no option for a rear traction loss module. The only consumer rig that I know of that offers this is the SimXperience Stage 4 (so they say on their website, that it's exclusive to them). I am sure that other rigs offer more DOF than either of these platforms, but at a cost probably out of most people's range and probably less practical as well. If you are keen on rear traction loss physically, then Stage 4 (or an earlier stage that allows you to build into the rear traction loss component later) is your only option. Keep in mind that the NL platform does simulate the rear end through software and does a pretty convincing job without actually moving the rear on a horizontal plane.

Love what you did here to increase the strength of the pedal plate. I wonder what you did to strengthen the wheel base mount on the NLR GTultimate. If you did something can you please share pics. I bought it while I had my g27, but recently upgraded to the Fanatec Forza Bundle and from wheel base to the shifter all wobble quite a lot. I think I have a fix for the shifter, but I have no idea what to do for the wheel base.

Upvote 0
@Slipstream Unfortunately I don't have the cockpit anymore and I don't think I have pics of the wheel deck but I can see if any pop up. Basically I put a thick L shaped bracket under the rear of the wheel deck. Picture your thumb and pointer finger at right angle like pointing a fake gun and that's about the size of it. It's probably 4mm thick. Long side under the wheel deck, shorter side on one of the square tubes of the frame just underneath it. Pre-drilled and bolted with nuts and washers.

Thanks for re-posting that pic. I had a Discord member talking about bracing and I knew I had a photo of mine somewhere on here!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years