Buying advice please - Next Level v3 Motion Platform

I'm looking for some advice and thoughts of other owners or people with good knowledge of the product, please.

I always said I'd buy myself a motion simulator if I could afford one and had the room available. Well, that day may have arrived. I'm impressed by what I've seen of the Next Level v3 Motion Platform

This seems to meet all my criteria:

+ Limited space requirements, I don't have room for a huge sim rig but this seems compact enough to work.
+ Works with Oculus Rift VR, that fixed head position setting solution is impressive
+ Great support and regular updates from the developers
+ Available in the UK
+ Works with my current Thrustmaster wheel and accessories.
+ Sub £3k for the full setup, I'm not a pro racer I'm not looking for a practice simulator this is just for fun so the cost/fun balance has to be right.

So help me do the man maths! Is it worth it?

Is there another similar product I should also look at? It would need to be reasonably compact, work with VR, available in the UK without too much hassle and in the same £3-5K price range.

Is there anywhere I can try one or even better several of the systems in the UK?

Thanks. I don't see the base leg bolt holes in that diagram. I am looking for the distances between the holes that bolt into a rig.

43220149591_e93e0a29eb_c.jpg

Upvote 0
You won't get those mounting brackets unless you order the GT2 Ultimate cockpit from Next Level as a bundle with the V3. I got those when I ordered mine. Pretty sure it only comes with the motion platform when you order it as a single item. It may come packaged with some M8 bolts to use for mounting but that's most likely it. Other users have bought just the platform and it seems they never got the stands.

Upvote 0
You won't get those mounting brackets unless you order the GT2 Ultimate cockpit from Next Level as a bundle with the V3. I got those when I ordered mine. Pretty sure it only comes with the motion platform when you order it as a single item. It may come packaged with some M8 bolts to use for mounting but that's most likely it. Other users have bought just the platform and it seems they never got the stands.
I got those stands with mine but the box is in the loft and it must be 40C up there so there's no way I'll be measuring those holes until snow hits the ground. They'd be a piece of piss to drill out or adapt so I say just go for it. No guts no glory!

Upvote 0
Oh, I am mistaken then. I wasn't sure where they came from, as mine all came together and the way the stands fit look like they were made for the Next Level chassis.

All good then. Better to have them and not need them than the other way around.

Upvote 0
Yep the side flaps that come with the NLR v3 are higher vs the stock GT Ultimate seat.

I have the higher ones mounted and will measure them later today. First FP2 and another sports game with a ball ;)

Upvote 0
IMG_20180707_101814.jpg IMG_20180707_101941.jpg IMG_20180707_102006.jpg IMG_20180707_102156.jpg IMG_20180707_102243.jpg IMG_20180707_102245.jpg IMG_20180707_102256.jpg
IMG_20180707_111806.jpg
IMG_20180707_111917.jpg

Made some pics. 51 cm is the distance between the two holes that rest on the floor. Does that answer your question? Otherwise let me know. Happy to take some other pics with 30 degrees celsius crawling on the ground :)

And I have to correct myself: the side flaps that come with the NLR V3 motion platform are less high vs the ones that come with the seat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Made some pics. 51 cm is the distance between the two holes that rest on the floor. Does that answer your question? Otherwise let me know. Happy to take some other pics with 30 degrees celsius crawling on the ground :)

Thanks a bunch. The pics were very useful. I am going to see If I can get the V3 mounted to my GT Omega ART rig. It looks like it might attach almost the same way with a little effort.

Upvote 0
It was 10% off in the UK last week but I missed it as it 2 days before I got paid :mad:.

Now it’s just a waiting game, I’ll probably pick it up in a November Black Friday sale because I can’t bring myself to pay £230 more! I suspect that will also be the best time in the U.S too.

Upvote 0
I have 3 different telemetry based programs running for all sims

- Simcommander ( accuforce + simvibe )
- Platform manager ( NLMv3)
- SImtools (DIY wind sim)

So far everything is working peachy and all games support multiple outputs to different ports.
But then a windows store game gets data output and things get more complicated.

Luckily the guys from next level have added a UDP Proxy option in their latest update for Forza Motorsport 7.

You can find it when you click the edit button

p5erfncrx
data_out_settings_fm7.png

data_out_settings_fm7.png

Upvote 0
I spent longer trying to get Forza to actually install and then launch, than I did in the actual car. Then another hour or so to work out DD FFB compatibility and just thought it wasn't worth it. Lucky for the 'demo' that I had.

There actually is a demo but because it's tied to the Store, of course it didn't work for me. I wanted to test out the new sliders for the guys at MotionSystems but it's just so much of a hassle. For what? A console port? Better off cutting my losses and be done with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back