Buying 2 more?

Hello everybody!

Well, I'd like to upgrade my sim-rig.
Currently I'm running a single 24" screen setup, which is OK-ish, but not really satisfying ^^
And now I'm looking for the most cost-effective way to get a better overview on the track.

First of all, buying 2 more 24" screens next to my existing one would be an idea, however, the question is how my single GTX660 can handle such a resolution.
I tried ~4800x1080 resolution with 2 old TFT-Monitors and softTH, giving me 60fps in rF2 when AA turned down to 2xAA.

The other possibility would be waiting for the Oculus. I planning to use the rift only once CV1 is available, the big question is, when will that be? A DK2 is so tempting, but I'm afraid that CV1 will be announced in autumn and available for christmas.
If they say no CV before mid 2015, I would have already preordered DK2.

A TV screen would be the third way, but bad reaction times and the big amount of space I'd need for it are the reasons why this is no possibility.

So what would you recommend me?
Is a triple screen setup recommendable with just a mid-class single GPU for current sims?
Waiting for CV1 or even put my hands on a DK2, hoping that I can resell it for a good price once CV1 is announced?

Thank you for your inputs! :thumbsup:

Oculus looks gr8 for the future, but triple screens looks like a good way to go for now and relatively affordable!! I currently have a single 22" monitor, but I'm hoping to get a couple more at some point as I really want to go triple, but unfortunately I will have to upgrade my GFX card as it's well out of date :poop:.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back