Buy Simucube 2 Pro o DD1/DD2?

Hello, I have the Fanatec CSW V2.5 and I would like to know if it is worth changing and I will notice the change very much compared to a Direct Drive. Within the options, what do you recommend? The Fanatec DD1 or DD2 or the Simucube 2 Pro? Money doesn't matter, I prefer quality, thank you! I only have the rim of the BMW GT2 that I would sell with the base, that would not matter haha

Last edited:

TedBrosby-

Premium
In Australia it's not even close the DD1 is way way cheaper than the Simucube 2 Pro
Well it should be, it's a competitor to the SC2 Sport, not the Pro. How's the price difference between those? The Sport has other advantages like having the same duration warranty and an emergency stop.
Personally I'm not a fan of how Fanatec doesn't include an emergency stop with the DD1. It seems like penny pinching.

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0

TedBrosby-

Premium
DD1 is still way cheaper than SC2 Sports here , there is no comparison that's why I went DD1 , here in Australia we regularly get shafted by the high mark up on prices compared to other parts of the world.
Same here in Japan, but for the actual wheelbases it's pretty close in price.
DD1 in Japan is 159000¥ which is $1529 USD after conversion.
DD2 is 199900¥ which is $1911 USD.
I got my SC2 Pro delivered, customs and shipping for about $1700 USD.
SC2 Sport would've been $1500 USD. So in Japan the DD1/DD2 are more expensive.

But for the actual steering wheels, Fanatec is much much cheaper. I have to pay more than $600 USD just for a Sim Racing Bay button plate. For the same price I can get a Formula V2 wheel with Advanced Paddle Module directly from Fanatec. And the button plate doesn't even include a steering wheel.

Upvote 0
Has the author of the topic already decided what to change the v2.5 database for? I am faced with a similar dilemma and as a person who has never had problems with their releases or accepted them, I am heading towards DD1. The reason, lower price in Europe, no cables, I know soft and I like the toys of this company. Although the MCL wheel creaked terribly and I switched to Formula v2

Upvote 0

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%