Buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Doug46, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    Hi i have noticed allot of PC users mentioning that the game stutters allot and really spoils the flow of the game , how true is this please, also bike physics seems to be a issue , to me the game looks good, but i would really appreciate some helpful comments regarding the purchase of this game thanks.

2. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker.

Ratings:
    +3,414
    It's very cheap to buy. The game only occasionally has a stutter for me when it seems to load a new area in.
    I think if you read our little discussions about on here, that should give you a good idea of the game.
    https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tt-isle-of-man-ride-on-the-edge-pc-steam-cd-key

3. thepharcyde

thepharcyde

Ratings:
    +99
    Still expensive for a single track - seems like a demo release to me.

Like a racing game that only releases the ring and calls it finished

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
  5. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    Thanks

6. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker.

Ratings:
    +3,414
    I know you are trolling but I'll give the info anyway. There are quite a few tracks actually but only one that's actually worth the full asking price and more. The greatest sim track ever made in my opinion. For the price of some DLC in other games, this is a bargain.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. DucFreak

DucFreak

Ratings:
    +196
    Being different to any other racing game out there, it really depends on personal preferences, on what you're looking for...
    • ....if you like motorcycles (modern sportbikes/racebikes).
    • ....if you feel interested by real life racing events on (closed) public roads, such as the IOM TT.
    • ....if you're considering a game controller with analog support for steering, throtle and brake.
    • ....if your computer meets the recommended specs of the developer.
    • ....if you can excuse some limitations and small technical faults (hopefully patched/updated later).
    • ....if you like difficult "simulation" games which require interest and patience, but are rewarding and immersive along the learning process.

My current opinion is that, at 40.00 Euros, the game has a somewhat inflated price.
    But some places are selling its Steam key on discount, such as cdkeys.com like Andy_J mentioned above. (for other places, also see HERE)

Yes, there are some bike physics issues, some small stuttering may occur here and there, and the career mode is a bit barren. But I still feel the game is totally worth it.

Regarding the tracks, and at the end of it all, the Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (mountain course) is legendary, possibly the oldest racing event and course on the planet. Think of it like this - if the Nordschleife is "The Mother" then the IOM TT course is "The Father" - it easily takes the cake on tradition and difficulty. And the real track rendition in this game is absolutely spot on (trully phenomenal), a masterpiece that is worth the price of admission - you won't find anything close to this anywhere else.
    Also, while the other tracks present in the game are much, much shorter, they're also excelent as well, a lot of fun and just as worthy of the time around them. (I'd recommend a CBR600RR on the Tyrone and Hertfordshire tracks for a begginer, to get a feel of it all before going all over the Isle of Man course)

Regarding the simulated vehicles in game... on one hand, the Superbike class motorcycles (1000cc engine) are absurdly overpowered and overdone in the game (IMHO, and I avoid them like the plague) but, on the other hand, the Supersport class motorcycles (~600cc engine) are among the most immersive simulation experiences of modern motorcycles that I've ever experimented on a PC game. I can't say enough good things about them. (I just wish the Lightweight and Classic-TT classes were in this game as well)

PS: regarding the stuttering in game... for me, adjusting some in-game graphics options helped a lot, such as changing particles to 'OFF', the shadows to 'Average', and V-Sync to 'ON' (in game options), combined with "force adaptive v-sync" in the drivers settings (I use Nvidia Inspector for that), it now makes for a very smooth and trouble free experience.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. s00zster

s00zster

Ratings:
    +11
    I recommend watching the video in this thread https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/tt-isle-of-man-the-game-real-vs-sim.149182/ just to see how accurate the Isle of Man course is in the game compared to reality.

As DucFreak said, there are other shorter road circuits in the game which are fun (including The Triangle which is based on the Northwest 200, and I think Antrim is based on the Ulster GP course), but I paid £17 with the sole intention of having the opportunity to finally have a go at the TT, and it's worth every penny. Just for that. It's breathtaking.

• Like Like x 4
  9. DucFreak

DucFreak

Ratings:
    +196
    Sorry for the O.T. ...
    Yes, and IMHO they're worthy as well. :thumbsup:
    Specifically in the case of Antrim, I think they're trying to base in the course used in the Mid Antrim 150 Road Race in Northern Ireland(?).

• Like Like x 1
  10. s00zster

s00zster

Ratings:
    +11
    Ahh ok, I wasn't sure. I'm new to motorcycle road racing, only going by what I'd seen in Ride 2. :D

11. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62

12. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,485
    I'm not going to echo the other replies they have covered why you should get this, I just want to emphasize how much fun it is and this is coming from someone who plays it with a wheel.

13. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. Doug46

Doug46
    Premium

Ratings:
    +62
    Thanks, ill give it a try

• Like Like x 1
  15. svenvangent

svenvangent

Ratings:
    +5
    In fact it is not a question if you would buy the game but why do you don't have it already .
    Just saying great game .

16. Burke Wells

Burke Wells

Ratings:
    +132
    I noticed the system requirements say "Windows 10". Will it really not work on a Windows 7 pc?

17. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +4,485
    Runs perfectly on W7

18. Burke Wells

Burke Wells

Ratings:
    +132
    Thanks, good to know.