Buttons, buttons, buttons...

There are more and more buttons appearing on steering wheels now, and some of us got lucky and got a button box as a gift ;)

If you had to list your top 10 or a dozen AMS functions to put on your valuable and limited wheel or button box controls, what would they be? I'd love to hear what others are doing before I finalize my configuration and labels.

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Pit limiter
  • Pit request
  • Push to pas
  • DRS
  • Push to talk
  • Brake ballance
  • Info panel page changing
  • Look back
  • Look left
  • Look right
  • Lights switch
  • Traction control
  • ABS
That is what I have on my wheel + driving view and something i don't recall. Still few bittons free but nothing to put on those

Pit limiter
Clutch (analog, I have only two pedals)
HUD page cycle
HUD on/off
FFB reset
Glance Left/Right (two separate keys)
Brake Bias +/- (another two separate keys)
Arrow keys on my DFGT set to control the Pit menu
Pit Menu
Neutral

Okay that's ten (really fifteen) but I have more and I need them all...

Pause game
Front/Rear ARB +/- (all together 4 controls)
Handbrake (only if I'm doing ST or Rally, uses the same control as ARB -)
TC cycle
DRS
Launch Control (if its not always bound I always forget the one time I need it)

Alright I just listed every control I need and every control I've bound and that's clearly not what OP asked for but screw it. I use them all.

Yes, it's a recent change from Reiza. When you pick an "occupied" button, it will ask if you want to overwrite, assign both or cancel. Something like that.

Just realized the other thing we need is the opposite. To map two controller inputs to the same function. Why? So that you can have sequential paddles and sequential stick shifter mapped to the same up and downshift. Saves loading in a controller profile every time you change from one type of car to the other. H-pattern gears can already co-exist. Since they have allowed two functions for buttons, there would be no reason to need/have more than one controller profile (which is the way it should be).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%