Button Boxes

Brian Clancy

Premium
Okay Guys..

I'm gonna start this thread off with some details of my latest atempt at a button box :cool:. 100_1073.jpgI made this stand alone panel out of some 3mm perspex sheet, it utilises a Leo Bodnar BU0836 USB 'joystick' controller to connect the buttons and rotary encoders to the PC. Once all the holes were drilled, the panel was trimmed with a 3M made Dry Carbon look Vynil. Its suprisingly realistic and looks even better than it does in the pics!:cool:
All the switches are readily avilable from E-bay as is the 20x4 LCD panel and not as expensive as you might at first think!

100_1075.jpg Its suprising how helpful it is not having to look for buttons on the keyboard mid race as the switches on the button box fall to hand much easier! If enough people ask, I will write a comprehensive tutorial

Hi Brian.

The button box tutorials are fantastic. Are you still planing on more? I was going to order a button box pre-built, but I think I will build my own. The only issue I have at the moment is working out the wiring, but I think you covered that previously.

Thanks for sharing this information, it's great!

Regards

Bernie

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back