Button Box

I've just started a button box, using an old MS Sidewinder Wheel controller. I'ts just a 3 axis 8 buttons controller, but it'll give me some basic functions I need for iRacing.

Now the box itself is done, the 8 buttons are working fine.

As for the 3 analog inputs which were initially assigned for axis pots I have some difficulty:

1st my idea was to use one pot for spotters volume and the other two to use rotary encoders for brake bias and POV +/-
I've tried to connect one of these to a two way switch (on/off/on) but since the controller still thinks it's a pot once I do one touch one direction the axis goes all the way and I am only able to go in the other direction (like a on/off button but returning to the middle position. is there any software I can use to configure this? I am using the original MS driver, by the way. The other problem with this driver is that X and Y axis cannot be separated. Also a problem here since I wanted them to work independently.

Any help on the sub would be welcomed :) thx in advance!

Sergio Carr

Hmm, I bought some cheap software to make my logitech joystick work as a 4 speed shifter a lil while back, maybe that could be of any help to you, can't recall the name right now, I tried it once and haven't used it since (it did work though), but I'll try to recall and post a link.

Upvote 0
I just made these for gtr2 work quite well, dont need much just a way to wire it up and its working, soldering to a usb joystick controller or using some sort of leo bodnar board would make it super easy to wire up to this shell

Attachments

• File_001.jpg
    File_001.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years