Button Box for AccuForce V2

xVatch1x

Premium
I am interested in replacing the button box that came with the AccuForce V2, I just don't love it.
So I had a brilliant idea of modding my Universal Hub to USB. The Sim Racing Machines Kit is awesome. Everything works flawlessly. HOWEVER! And this is a big however, I did not realize that I would lose the use of SimCommander. I am not sure I like that trade off.

So the question is. Anyone aware of a button box that would be compatible with AccuForce V2? So that I can still use SimCOmmander?

I know, I know... I want my cake and eat it too. Well... yes, I do. LOL

I am interested in replacing the button box that came with the AccuForce V2, I just don't love it.
So I had a brilliant idea of modding my Universal Hub to USB. The Sim Racing Machines Kit is awesome. Everything works flawlessly. HOWEVER! And this is a big however, I did not realize that I would lose the use of SimCommander. I am not sure I like that trade off.

So the question is. Anyone aware of a button box that would be compatible with AccuForce V2? So that I can still use SimCOmmander?

I know, I know... I want my cake and eat it too. Well... yes, I do. LOL

Just wondering what you didn't like about the AF button box?

Upvote 0
Would you mind elaborating on what you had to do please?
New accuforce owner here and Im interested in changing the button box when funds allow further down the road

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would you mind elaborating on what you had to do please?
New accuforce owner here and Im interested in changing the button box when funds allow further down the road
Sim Commander 4 has a setting to enable full AccuForce FFB without its wheel's button box.
Then, simply connect another wheel button box e.g by another USB interface or by BlueTooth and configure that separately in games.

Upvote 0
As simple as that! Thanks, I'll have a rummage around sim commander for the setting

blekenbleu beat me to it. Yea, there is a setting that allows for SimCommander to work as if the wheel is plugged into the base. Here's a photo for reference.

Attachments

• AccuForce_HowTo_Disable_Safety_Lockout_When_Wheel_Is_Removed.jpg
    AccuForce_HowTo_Disable_Safety_Lockout_When_Wheel_Is_Removed.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
It should. I had to do some digging to find out the bolt pattern diameter that the Accuforce button box uses, but that isn't something they had readily on their site. They only left a clue with the Momo Mod 30 steering wheel. I didn't find the bolt pattern diameter there, so I looked at other vendors and I found what I was looking for at Ricmotech of all places.

The Momo Mod 30 uses a 70mm 6 hole bolt pattern. The same as the DSD P310 Bluetooth wheel Module. Also Accuforce's Formula rim uses a 70mm bolt pattern, and it directly bolts up to AF's button box and quick releases. So it looks like a straight forward modification.

The price of DSD's Bluetooth box is nice too. Using it and sourcing a decent wheel shouldn't cost too much. Heck, you'd save if you were to use the wheel rim that came with the AF pro V2.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years