Button Backs New Blancpain Honda GT3 Team

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Jenson Button Blancpain GT3 Team .jpg

Jenson Button has lent his name to the new Jenson Team Rocket RJN Honda squad for the 2019 Blancpain Endurance Series campaign.

Strengthening his ties with Japanese manufacturer for the new racing season, Honda ambassador and reigning Super GT champion Jenson Button has joined forces with RJN Motorsport to return the Rocket team name to motorsport for the first time since John Button's karting outfit that fielded such names as Button and Lewis Hamilton, former Grand Prix driver Will Stevens, Williams reserve Oliver Rowland and established GT ace James Calado.

Jenson Button commented “It’s great to be a part of this exciting new chapter with RJN and to bring the Rocket name back into racing. I’m sure a number of current drivers remember Rocket from back in their karting days and I hope we can use this platform to help with new young talent in GT and endurance racing.

“As a Honda Ambassador, I’m pleased to be a part of something that brings the Honda NSXto the Blancpain GT Series and I’m looking forward to seeing this project evolve”.

Button has teamed up with the long standing RJN Motorsport team for the new partnership, RJN having moved away from a long association with Nissan to bring the new NSX GT3 full time to the Blancpain series, and Team Principe Bob Neville is excited about the new chapter for the established racing outfit:

“I’m delighted and privileged to be in partnership with Jenson to race the superb NSX GT3 Evo. The team are preparing for the challenge of running what is a new car to us in the most competitive endurance championship in the world.

The new squad are expected to field a single entry in the Blancpain Endurance Silver Cup, with team drivers yet to be announced - although Button himself is expected to defend his Super GT championship as planned, alongside ongoing commitments in the World Endurance Championship for SMP Racing.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
It's a good-looking vehicle, as cousin Eddy would say.
"Brawn-Spawn"
Clearly, Jenson is reminded of his great season with that paint-job.

Last edited:
It's a good-looking vehicle, as cousin Eddy would say.
"Brawn-Spawn"
Clearly, Jenson is reminded of his great season with that paint-job.

Yeah, but that would also remind Honda that team they left behind that won the championship in those colors. I'm assuming Jenson has a lot to do why that livery...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%