Buttkicker worth it?

Just wondering if anyone has one and does it actually add to the immersion much? I know quite a lot about them but what to know the opinion of someone that owns a buttkicker

Thanks for your help and opinions everyone, Latte you seem really knowledgeable about it. Maybe you should create some sort of guide and or review ;)

Many things have been discussed especially for beginners and making this easier to understand and get into. The vast majority of people tend to enjoy tactile but the topic itself is quite deep and confusing.

Indeed more could be done.
A thread is coming, I am awaiting some peoples feedback on some tests based on an idea I have.
What I aim to bring is enable people to download an effect package for SSW, but for each effect it has (5) variants (A B C D E). We also have anything from (3-5) levels of strength for each set of variants.

What this does, is let a user find the volume of an effect that suits their configuration. Then to choose which of the variants feels best on their hardware or to their preference. The two main factors with tactile units is what Hz they can generate and what gain/strength they can handle with specific frequencies varies. Some peak with different frequencies or others have much more energy and a wider range in frequency response.

Nothing like this has ever been done as far as I am aware but the idea is to have this become a public test on these forums. Each effect will be released, discussed in detail and time given to allow the community to give feedback on. Then if needed changes can be done to improve the effect.

What I believe is possible with SSW and using the .wav method is we can build a library of effects to work on any persons installation and hardware. To make this also available for users of 1-6 tactile.

I cant say if the community will engage much and their seems to be a lot of Simvibe users that have not even tried SSW or just do not seem to take it seriously. Part of this is people basing it on the "Default" effects it comes with. On a personal level, I am pushing tactile and experimenting with it more than most, as this alone for me is part of the hobby. SSW in my view has the most potential and better all-around advantages compared to Simvibe. Yet it is quite new so may still improve more.

I recommend you look out for this coming thread and consider following or getting involved, the aim is to make tactile more enjoyable for all.

Perhaps invest in an Asus DGX and get SSW, we can have you up and be running in no time.
Search the forums lots of content on tactile here from others and myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%