Buttkicker Setup/advice

Hey guys,
I'm looking to further upgrade my sim cockpit. I'm currently looking into something that will further immerse me into my race sims.

I'm hoping the buttkicker can fulfill my needs.

I can only find them available on Richmotech site. They have the Buttkicker Gamer 2 and the Buttkicker Simulation Kit in stock.

So here's what I need some help with;

1. Buttkicker Gamer 2 or the Buttkicker Simulation Kit? I've read that the simulation kit is better. I don't use an office chair so, maybe the simulation kit?

2. What exactly is "extension mode" and "chassis mode" for? Cannot find a "straight" answer online? I'm only getting one buttkicker for now so which option will be best?

3. Isolators. Do these need to be mounted directly under my wooden base and wheel stand? My rig is on carpet. Are there any alternatives? Using the isolators under my rig would probably make my seating position higher! I have a perfectly good fixed seating position and don't want it any higher/lower.

3. Do I really need another sound card? I don't even use my current sound card. I plug in my headphones (both aux and USB turtle Beach headphones) or my speakers via aux into the available aux port on the top/front of my pc. So I guess I'm using the on board sound from my pc? And the sound card untouched? Or the other way around? Idk lol... Either way, on board sound or sound card is free/open! So another sound card is really necessary?

4. I'm using the Next level wheel stand for my wheel, shifter and pedals. I've mounted a car seat to a wooden base (I made myself), the wooden base and wheel stand are bolted together. With this setup (both wood and metal constructed), how should I mount the buttkicker? Does it have to be mounted right under my seat? Can I mount it anywhere on the wooden base (I'm thinking on the back of the wooden base). I've read that metal is a lot better for the buttkicker 's response. But wood should be fine?

After watching the Inside Sim Racing review on YouTube, they REALLY have me sold on this thing! Any advice to my questions above would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
I recently bought a Buttkicker Gamer 2 and I am still struggling to get it working properly and with the right amount of rumble. May be (probably) I am doing things wrong so therefor did some reading and now ask some questions here. Thanks in advance for reading and your support!

My PC is a HP Omen 880 and I connect the audio splitter to the front end headphone 3.5mm. One end connected to the amplifier and the other one to my headphones. Some say you have to turn up audio to100 to get the most 'rumble' effects out of the Buttkicker but you can imagine that 100 is way too loud for my ears. How can this be solved (without buying a second separate soundcard)? Can you e.g. connect the amplifier to the rear of the PC audio connectors and still use the front headphone connector seperately for my headphone? I can also use the Oculus Rift integrated headphones (via HDMI) and connect the Buttkicker to an audio connector (front or rear). Then I have to select one audio output Rift or Realtek. BTW configured as Quadrofonic

I connected the buttkicker to my Playseat via a spark plug socket. Playseat itself is placed carpet. Do I still need to place the Playseat on isolators to maximize the effects? Does this DIY solution give the same result as an official accessoire? I also saw YouTube examples of someone who connected the Buttkicker in front of his seat very close to the cushion.

When do you know if the volume of the amplifier is max.? Even when the clipping indicator almost constantly flashes red the rumble effects are not that spectacular. Did I expect too much from one Buttkicker or does anyone else seriously feel lots of e.g. kerb, road effects through the chair? I also tried with music and with very low bass sound I experience more vibration.

FInally: I tried SImvibe but that does not recognize the Buttkicker?

I realize these questions could maybe be solved myself by reading the manual(s)? I tried as close as possible to follow the instructions but still I am not confident that everything went well. So thanks again for your advizes!!

EDIT: I connected the audio Y splitter to my front headphone out. When I only connect the Buttkicker it works perfectly but when I add my heaphone to the second output of the Y splitter the rumble effects are almost gone. I tried multiple headphones and the same result.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%