BUTTKICKER RACE RIG SETUP

DesKane

dksRacing Kaney
Hey Folks just just wondering if anyone or ALL of you are running a Buttkicker Race Rig Setup !? And what are you running?

I have done a lot of research with a lot of trial and error over the last few years, as I am always looking for a good level of immersion - I am UK based so information has always been a little lacking as these items are just not really that mainstream over here, most info I have gleaned if not trial and error is US based and from many years ago, with not much activity going on today it would seem, are these little babies just something of a fad and folks just don't go for this type of immersion nowadays on the modern race rig !?

I am really interested to see what you all think on here, do any of you run multiple BK race rigs? and are/were BKs a must have for the immersion seekers !?

Cheers All.

Last edited:
@DesKane any updates friend, you want to share since this thread is going 6 months?

@rocafella1978
Came across this a while ago in that the guy was using fitness cushions for isolation.
I assume vibration noise was an issue for him (likely apartment/flat) but notice a thing he does.

Using the vibration apps on phones/tablets with two devices he was then able to monitor in real-time the vibrations on the cockpit compared to a phone on the floor. Going by this video at least they were effective.

I guess it's less messy than spilling some Kellogs Rice Crispies on the floor to see how bad vibrations are :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder how much vibration was absorbed by those cushions and thus lost to the user?

Hey,

My assumption is the phone showing the activity, we would assume is in contact with part of the cockpit, so clearly its getting vibrations fine. They will already be in the metal frame and strongest around the point of installation of the tactile unit used. So the potential path of the vibration, is already flowing throughout the metal frame where it can prior to the isolation. The isolation is helping to maintain the vibrations in the metal not flow freely across its surface area of contact, as it would if flat on the floor or via the typical non-isolated feet it might use.

Depends on the tactile used what energy it may be outputting and what size or how good the isolation methods used also are needed. In a situation with more powerful energy and inadequate isolation for that, then speaking from my own experiences the tactile energy will still leak into a floor. If little or none is leaking into the floor then the energy is being maintained in the frame better.

Last edited:
Upvote -1

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%