ButtKicker mini vs. Dayton Audio BST-1

Has anyone done any A-B comparisons between these two tactile transducers? Is the ButtKicker brand really 3x better at $90 bucks vs. Dayton’s $30 bucks? I’m already getting ready to drop about 5 large on a rig, but I’m always looking to save money where it makes sense. Discuss.

Parts Express will offer 30 days returns or something like that, why not buy 1 of each and while your at it get the ADX then compare all 3 before decidng which to buy multiples of.

The Mini BK will have much more punch than the others but you need to be aware of the "piston pang" issues or how to possible control it.

I have not tried the BST1 but I do not believe it is that good whilst the ADX appears to please most buyers.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

I was not even aware there was an ADX bass shaker. ButtKicker, Dayton and ADX’s offerings all have a 50 way continuous power rating. I am still wondering if anyone else has already blazed the trail in trying them all!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply.

I was not even aware there was an ADX bass shaker. ButtKicker, Dayton and ADX’s offerings all have a 50 way continuous power rating. I am still wondering if anyone else has already blazed the trail in trying them all!

Dont get sucked in by the wattage figures.
Most of the sub $100 units will have strongest frequencies at 40Hz. Units like the ADX may deliver a bit better detailing with mid bass frequencies like 60Hz and above.

The BK will have more strength below the 40Hz as it pushes a piston but is prone to piston pang with high volumes for some effects.

If you can afford to drop "5 large" on a rig then you can afford to do the wise thing and purchase a few to experiment with yourself and then return what you dont want to keep.

However, If you want a more serious performing tactile configuration then units like the BK Advance will bring much better energy and sensation with improved bass for the lower frequencies. Plenty on these forums to read about tactile.

Although you can take the safe approach if you want to get in at a low price my advice would be with the ADX as they are much cheaper in USA than EU/UK and well below the BK Mini pricepoint. Several members on various forums will own them.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back