Buttkicker Gamer 2 stopped working mid race...

I've had a BKG2 for about a week, purchased new from B&H. Setup went fine and its been working well. Last night about an hour into a session, it just stopped working. I double checked all the connections, the simhub software and nothing changed. Rebooted PC, plugged/unplugged the device. nothing. All the power lights are working on the device & remote. Simhub recognizes it but when I hit the test button, I get nothing and of course nothing works in game. Tried again this morning with no change.

Any ideas? I read the manual looking for a fuse to replace but there's nothing listed there or quickstart guide.

https://thebuttkicker.com/content/BKA-130-C_Manual-ETL.pdf

Quick google search results in a handful of forum posts about the device dying but before I return for refund/replacement (B&H is awesome) thought I'd check here. Sent an email to the manufacturer but don't expect to hear back until monday.

I think the fuse is just under where the power cable joins the amplifier if your wondering... mine had blown... I replaced it and that blew too... mine was replaced under warranty then.

Upvote 0
Is the volume turned up? Does the front of the amp show you are getting a signal?

I received my BK yesterday. It was delivered with a part rattling inside the amp. It turns out one of the components was not soldered onto the board. After a little soldering I was in business.

The volume thing messed me up a couple times.

I am also using Simhub.

Upvote 0
The BK amps have had some problems in the past with reliability.

I believe they made revisions over the years and I'm sure plenty of people have had no issues either but this amp design is old and considering you can now get much smaller CLASS D amps that not only have proper volume controls but will be stereo and power two channels it surprises me they still are selling it.

Using 2ohm helps lock people into their product as few budget amps support 2ohm.
Notice how both the Gamer and the Sim Packages rely on the 2ohm units and not the Mini lfe that works with 4ohm

The BK Gamer in particular is a nice way to enter into tactile but I watched a video recently the guy was intending to buy 5x BK Gamer Kits. Seriously, when you get to that level of spending then you really have to look more into better stereo amp options.

Hope the OP finds a fix

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Using 2ohm helps lock people into their product as few budget amps support 2ohm.
Notice how both the Gamer and the Sim Packages rely on the 2ohm units and not the Mini lfe that works with 4ohm

Sorry to the original OP for a very quick thread hijack...

Mr Latte that’s a good point indeed... I’m not confident my two BK amps are going to last that long...

Mr Latte in your experience and with your understanding of the market/ kit that is available what amp (to run two BK gamer 2s) /or individual amps (for a single BK 2) would you purchase to replace a (or two) original BK amp/s when they go bang please?

what amps work for 2 ohms as with the BK gamer 2?

And to the OP I too hope you get sorted too... always annoying when Amps don’t work as it’s a chase to rule out all the parts of a system to find out what’s not working... good luck... let us know how you get on and if you sort it.

Upvote 0
Sorry to the original OP for a very quick thread hijack...

Mr Latte that’s a good point indeed... I’m not confident my two BK amps are going to last that long...

Mr Latte in your experience and with your understanding of the market/ kit that is available what amp (to run two BK gamer 2s) /or individual amps (for a single BK 2) would you purchase to replace a (or two) original BK amp/s when they go bang please?

what amps work for 2 ohms as with the BK gamer 2?

And to the OP I too hope you get sorted too... always annoying when Amps don’t work as it’s a chase to rule out all the parts of a system to find out what’s not working... good luck... let us know how you get on and if you sort it.

One that comes to mind is the Nobsound G2 which is rated with 2ohm support and 100 watts with a nice compact design. It's sold as a sub amp with a crossover feature like the BK 130C amp.

USA
UK

Important Note:
They also do a G2 PRO with 300 watts which looks the same but it is not 2 ohm rated.

I dont think they have a stereo amp with 2ohm support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Mr Latte excellent info as always :)

“And I expect for a single BK 2 with a single Nobsound G2 you would need to feed this with a mono combined signal (left and right stereo signal converted into mono) into the left/ right input connectors is that right? As the BK G2 amp is mono right?”

EDIT RE ABOVE: just seen the screenshot on Amazon, looks like you can just input mono on one of the stereo inputs... in fact they show a 2 amp nobsound G2 stereo set up with left amp and right amp to left/ right speakers...

How would you recommend / best practice in connecting the BK Gamer 2 transducer cable to the G2 amp? As the BK gamer 2 have those ‘fangled’ connectors on the end of the transducer cable?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Depends on what is being used what cable suits.
Somone using a (LFE) Sub output from an AV based amp that requires a single RCA

Not all but most PC soundcards use 3.5mm for their outputs.
Some have RCA for the stereo outputs.

From the perspective of Simhub then each soundcard output is for 2x Channels
Lets assume a user wants L/R effects both to c
Thanks Mr Latte excellent info as always :)

“And I expect for a single BK 2 with a single Nobsound G2 you would need to feed this with a mono combined signal (left and right stereo signal converted into mono) into the left/ right input connectors is that right? As the BK G2 amp is mono right?”

EDIT RE ABOVE: just seen the screenshot on Amazon, looks like you can just input mono on one of the stereo inputs... in fact they show a 2 amp nobsound G2 stereo set up with left amp and right amp to left/ right speakers...

How would you recommend / best practice in connecting the BK Gamer 2 transducer cable to the G2 amp? As the BK gamer 2 have those ‘fangled’ connectors on the end of the transducer cable?

Its not confusing when you break it down.
A mono amp will typically be used with a single transducer or sub.

A common question then is, why has it then got L/ R inputs if it's just a single unit that's being used?
Both inputs will be mixed into mono within the amp. Common stereo as a source would be a scenario this would be used with. So stereo L/R from the source can be felt on a single unit. Not just (L) or (R) with stereo based sources.

Typically a 3.5mm - Dual RCA (Y-Cable) would be used.
Keep in mind that each 3.5mm connection contains 2 channels but RCA only offers one on each connection.

With something like an AV Reciever using multichannel Dolby / dts it will have (LFE) .1 dedicated RCA based sub output.
So it only contains the mono low bass already extracted from the source material and as such a single RCA cable would be sufficient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've had a BKG2 for about a week, purchased new from B&H. Setup went fine and its been working well. Last night about an hour into a session, it just stopped working. I double checked all the connections, the simhub software and nothing changed. Rebooted PC, plugged/unplugged the device. nothing. All the power lights are working on the device & remote. Simhub recognizes it but when I hit the test button, I get nothing and of course nothing works in game. Tried again this morning with no change.

Any ideas? I read the manual looking for a fuse to replace but there's nothing listed there or quickstart guide.

https://thebuttkicker.com/content/BKA-130-C_Manual-ETL.pdf

Quick google search results in a handful of forum posts about the device dying but before I return for refund/replacement (B&H is awesome) thought I'd check here. Sent an email to the manufacturer but don't expect to hear back until monday.
Honestly if you got a fuse problem after a week I wouldn't bother and send this back ASAP. If you can find a BKG2 but just the shaker I would buy that (since they are practically indestructible) and buy a separate amp for 50$ that will do the job 100% better for multiple reasons. I did own 3 of these amp, on the top of not having a good volume control, they overheat and shutdown at any random time and break. (I also felt they were giving inconsistent feedback).

That's one option for about 50$ us.

PrtScr capture_26.jpg

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Depends on what is being used what cable suits.
Somone using a (LFE) Sub output from an AV based amp that requires a single RCA

Not all but most PC soundcards use 3.5mm for their outputs.
Some have RCA for the stereo outputs.

From the perspective of Simhub then each soundcard output is for 2x Channels
Lets assume a user wants L/R effects both to c

Its not confusing when you break it down.
A mono amp will typically be used with a single transducer or sub.

A common question then is, why has it then got L/ R inputs if it's just a single unit that's being used?
Both inputs will be mixed into mono within the amp. Common stereo as a source would be a scenario this would be used with. So stereo L/R from the source can be felt on a single unit. Not just (L) or (R) with stereo based sources.

Typically a 3.5mm - Dual RCA (Y-Cable) would be used.
Keep in mind that each 3.5mm connection contains 2 channels but RCA only offers one on each connection.

With something like an AV Reciever using multichannel Dolby / dts it will have (LFE) .1 dedicated RCA based sub output.
So it only contains the mono low bass already extracted from the source material and as such a single RCA cable would be sufficient.

Mr Latte thanks for that... understood re stereo into mono within the amp itself now :)

And using a y cable for 3.5mm out of the sound card into the left right

So also other part of my question, perhaps I wasn’t clear for it, was also about how one would then connect the BUTTKICKER G2 transducer to the amp connectors (the 2 on the back of the nobsound 2 amp) in that the BK G2 shaker, with the two prong connector on the end of its cable, into the connectors on the nobsound amp.

would one need to cut off the BK G2 prong connector off the end of it cable and then use sims for of plug etc to connect those cable ends into the output connectors on the amp?

Sorry if it’s a dumbass question but want to be clear how to set it up in my mind please.

thanks I advance

Upvote 0
My BKG2 amp also stopped working a couple of months ago. I replaced it with this Nobsound amp (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B075R3D9VH/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and never looked back. Just not having to deal with the stupid volume setup on the original amp makes it worth the swap!

I used the existing cable from the transducer which plugged into the output connectors on the amp

Usually, with audio devices, care needs to be taken to match ohms. If you are using the red BK Gamer clamp/shaker. Then that uses 2 ohms as mentioned earlier.

The amp you linked is only a 4ohm amp.
Does not appear to support a 2ohm load and uses a fixed low pass filter.

@MarkModdy
Yes, you can cut the cable, then attach banana plugs for the SPK outputs.
However, doesn't the official cable do that?

I think we only need to alter for Speakon type connections on the more pro-type amps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's been running perfectly

Output Power100W @2Ω ; 70W @4Ω ; 50W @8Ω

Suitable Speakers2~8 ohm passive subwoofers

Well done....
Got to say I thought you had made a bad selection as I couldn't see anything for 2ohm support on the products own page from the manufacturer. Here

Yet when looking at the G2 amp its clear that it states 2-8ohm support, so makes you wonder why they do not put accurate info on the website for each product.

Both do seem to use the same chip
So from that confirmation, it appears the main benefits of the G2 seem to be on/off switch without having to adjust volume. The 40-300Hz adjustable crossover as well as gain settings.

Some may prefer to have those but some may prefer to save money.

Glad that its been working well for you but it would suprise you how many people buy BK Gamer shakers 2nd hand or get replacement amps that are not well suited.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%