Buttkicker Gamer 2/SimShaker Discounted

So, bass shakers like the Buttkicker Gamer 2, typically use the low frequency output from your sound card to generate the feedback. This isn't particularly ideal as any low frequency bass will produce a vibration. If you want more defined feedback, like a thump when your gear locks in, rumble on touchdown, shutter, driving over rumble strips or anything else, you'll have to buy 3rd party software that will work with a secondary sound card to produce specific effects during specific events. The two I've run across are SimVibe and SimShaker. SimVibe is 90 USD and doesn't look like it's been updated lately nor does it seem to specifically work with titles like DCS and IL-2 BOX. Good news though, I spoke with the creator of SimShaker, he offers 3 programs (and one sound module addon) each for various sims. SimShaker Wheels is for all your sim driving needs and covers most of the common race titles like Assetto Corsa, RFactor and Project Cars 2. SimShaker Wings covers IL-2 BOX as well as some others, and SimShaker for Aviators covers DCS and a few more. While the Wheels and Wings versions have their own sound modules for bass shakers functionality, the For Aviators only supports USB rumble seats like the Jetpad without an additional sound module to add secondary sound card bass shakers capability. Still with me? Long and short of it is, if you want the whole package you have to buy 3 programs and the total is like $87 USD. Good news is, after speaking with Andre (the creator) I was able to get him to offer a 15% promo code '3SKABA9V' if you buy the Wheels, Wings and Aviator Sound module (the base Aviator program is free). So that brought the price down to $74 USD. If anyone is interested, watch some videos on SimShaker or Simvibe to get a better understanding of the enhanced feedback they provide. So just to sum it up, I just bought a Buttkicker Gamer 2 complete system, that clamps to my gaming chair, for $127.99 and got the complete SimShaker package for $74 plus tax. So grand total for what should be an awesome addition simming for ~207-ish USD. Not bad, not bad at all. Testimonials seem to indicate this is a must have addition, once you try it you'll never want to sim without it. I can't wait to try this out in conjunction with my Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. If anyone is interested and has questions let me know. Demo period is available for evaluation purposes. Links below.

https://simshaker.com/

Promo code (15% off complete license package): 3SKABA9V

https://thebuttkicker.com/

Promo code (20% off site wide): GLCS20

It was possible in SSW to have some nice effects (by creating wav files) but really the software lacked control of the effect's operations. Simhub changed all that with its continuous updates and improvements. Not just in the control aspect of certain effects but in how we can distribute tactile to unlimited soundcards or channels.

Not sure how many stuck with SSW but it did have a nice clean interface, useful for beginners.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%