Buttkicker Gamer 2 problem

Hi guys,

Over the last few days my BK Gamer 2 has started 'chattering' when there is no signal going into the amp. I initially thought this might be caused by RF interference, but when I unplugged the line-in cable, it persisted. I then tried re-routing the cable that goes from the amp to the transducer, to make sure that wasn't picking up interference, and again, found this isn't the cause.

It seems like the amp is 'creating' and output signal for no reason. Sometimes the chattering is so strong it causes the red clipping light to be illuminated.

Any ideas? This problem has rendered the Gamer unusable.

Thanks in advance...! :)

It seems like the amp is 'creating' an output signal
This used to be called "motorboating" and happens when bypass capacitors (or their connections) fail, allowing output signal feedback to earlier stages. Low cost electrolytic capacitors are liable to such failures; physical bulging may be observed.

Upvote 0
This used to be called "motorboating" and happens when bypass capacitors (or their connections) fail, allowing output signal feedback to earlier stages. Low cost electrolytic capacitors are liable to such failures; physical bulging may be observed.

Ahhh... thanks a lot for that, much appreciated. :)

I'll take it apart later to see if I can see anything. If I don't have any success, can anyone recommend a good, cheap replacement amp please?

EDIT: I couldn't see any bulging caps, but as the amp has already had a repair, I think I'm going to buy a new amp. Can anyone confirm this is suitabe for a single BK Gamer 2 please:

EDIT 2: This amp:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's what I got yes
This is great to hear! I've several dud Buttkicker gamers in the loft now, and have been searching for a company to repair them, but wont bother now- if the amp in that link you provided works fine (just need to get a power supply, a it doesn't come with that). A missing the clattery sound of a rear engined 911 coming through the back of my seat!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back