Buttckicker Gamer 2 / Assetto Corsa / SoundCard: advice wanted

Hello guys.

I’ve just bought a Simetik K2 cockpit, due to arrive next week.
My set consists of a Fanatec CSR Elite + Elite pedals and a ClubSport Shifter Sq.
I usually drive with my Oculus Rift CV1.

Between the optional accessories of the cockpit, there’s a nice and cheap Buttkicker support, mounted on the back end and below the seat:
https://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com/collections/acessories-1/products/buttkicker-support

I am then considering to buy a Buttkicker to add immersion to my favourite sims (Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione).

Is one single Buttkicker Gamer 2 worth it?

I am asking this because online i’ve seen pictures of amazing rigs with three or even five BK mounted like... everywhere!

Found one BK G2 new for about 165,00 euros on ebay (+ 80,00 for shipping from Canada).

Bear in mind i don’t want something mind-blowing but just a nice feeling of the engine vibrations, the kerbs, the bumps and such stuff.

Also, i’ve read that i would need a dedicated Soundcard, 5.1. Would a Creative Soundblaster Z serve well for the purpose? On Amazon it’s about 75,00 euros, free shipping.

Also, at the prices listed… the immersion/investment ratio is any good, in your honest opinion?

Thanks in advance for the kind answers and advices!
Giando

You needn't be jealous of multi-transducer setups. The purpose of having several planted around is being able to separate the effects for location. Sure it's a step-up but a single Buttkicker is very good and effective, you'll feel it and appreciate the difference it makes enhancing sim racing.

Upvote 0
I have a BKG2 attached to my Playseat Challenge chair with AC, which is just an awesome deckchair based rig. I am using Andres Simshaker Wheels software. After quite a lot of tweaking and testing I have found a really nice setup. Even if the BK is basic, it really adds to the experience making it a bit more visceral.

Given how happy people are with the Jetseat (not sure about long term reliability or support) it seems worthy of serious consideration too.

Upvote 0
Its like most things. 1 is better then none. And 6 are better then 1. Give it a try.

If you are using an Oculus Rift, and use it for sound, then you do not need to buy another soundcard. You can use the onboard soundcard for your Buttkicker.

If you want a cheaper version of software to use telemetry from the game for your buttkicker effects rather than audio, have a look at ShakeIt Bass Shaker which is part of SimHub

Upvote 0
I use a Pearl Throne Thumper, which is a little more powerful than a BK (not that you need more, because you don't) and think its amazing.
I bought a decent soundcard that I use for my every day PC sounds and I use the motherboard on-board sound for the Thumper.
The only issue I have is that my playseat is in a spare bedroom and when I am playing it vibrates through the house. I have mine mounted on strong very thick/dense foam, yet it still sounds like the ceiling is falling down when people are in the kitchen below me.

I don't know anything about the jetseat, but does it take its information from the game telemetry (like the BK/Thumper) or just from the bass the game makes?
If it takes it from the telemetry the game produces then you can adjust each vibration strength (and even cut them out completely), like rumble strips, engine, road surface and crashes (so I have heard :cool:). If its just from the bass the game makes then it wont be as adjustable and just a mix of vibrations.

Upvote 0
I use a Pearl Throne Thumper, which is a little more powerful than a BK (not that you need more, because you don't) and think its amazing.
I don't know anything about the jetseat, but does it take its information from the game telemetry (like the BK/Thumper) or just from the bass the game makes?
If it takes it from the telemetry the game produces then you can adjust each vibration strength (and even cut them out completely), like rumble strips, engine, road surface and crashes (so I have heard :cool:). If its just from the bass the game makes then it wont be as adjustable and just a mix of vibrations.
Jetseat can read telemetry from most sims each of its eight motors can be independently controlled using sim shaker wheels software. A bk g2 is like a mono speaker whereas the jetseat is like surround sound so effects can come from the front/back/left/right or any combination. It can also do mono like the bk for games that dont support telemetry eg battle field 5 you feel all the gunshots and explosions.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years