Business that needs to be solved

As I have said many times before, I am not the admin/decision-maker anymore. This does not mean I do not do my duties as a driver diligently; participating in debates, crying out when someone does not do what we have agreed upon (e.g. neglect incident thread duties). In addition I also do all technical/labour stuff, like open servers, execute e-mail votes etc. What I no longer do is making decisions, big or small (which I think I have not done since I resigned as admin a few months ago).

The idea of Part 1 of the vote was my contribution as a driver, as it was important to me (and others) to get this information before I had to vote. However, now that a 3rd alternative is knocking on the door (Race Room), it is not my job to decide how to handle it (but I can execute an e-mail vote according to instructions).

I say this because I know that time is of the essence, and I bet everybody are expecting me to carry out part 2 sometime soon. But this I cannot do until the 3rd alternative is resolved.

Same goes for track vote, I just got the calendar started with posting the self-making-calendar, a track vote needs alternatives, deadlines etc.

Please let us know if you are pro or against allowing RR as a third alternative (or if you are neutral). If the majority are pro, a fun race on Wednesday seems like a good idea. For me it looks like it is 2-0 in favor of allowing it, if I am correct that Valter and David are pro?

Personally you can put me down as neutral, but if the majority are pro I'll definatly join the race on Wednesday (the reason I am neutral is that I am unsure if I think it is a good idea to allow a 3rd alternative at this stage or not, it has nothing to do with if I want to race it or not).

EDIT: I'm happy with/for David arranging if we include the RR as a votable alternative and do the RR fun race on Wednesday :) It is always a treat to be 100% a driver in an event :)

Never, ever tried [tested] Formula Race Room. I seem to recall it being described as an Electrolux, Hoover, or some brand name commercial vacuum cleaner on wheels soon after it was released; so i never bothered after that.

I would indeed been in favour of testing it for the very first time, however, please... Silverstone 2011 [or even Bahrain:sneaky:, anywhere.. ] instead of Istanbul again?

sounds good peter, silverstone 2011 would give everyone (well everyone who could make it) a chance to try it out before we use it in season 10.

been thinking about something like.....

the usual practise, qual and practise starts then.....

2x22 mins races

1st race default dry server
2nd race 50% wet server

seeing as weve not got long to set all this up and get votes done we need to try learn as much about it as possible so trying it in wet and dry conditions would be good.

Sounds good i will be up for a practise and free next weds, we can atleast give them a try im like most never really used them, i know some people didnt like the sound of engines compared to mmg but i think if so, thats a extreme to we could change audio files etc probably because we are so used to mmg also.
Im thinking with the RR having same tire setup as f3000 its going to be simaler %s etc Nico mentioned in previous post with it being slick and wets only.

Also the track vote for the last track of season if probably something we should all sort out in a thread together, makes it easier for Nico to. Some people give a few suggestions and we shall sort that problem out to easily as times is as Nico says of the essence.

I tried this RR once for few minuts when it was first relaesed then i deleted it when we had issue with steam a while ago. i do not remember anything about it but why not testing it again ( PRO) if it is a modern version of the f3000 .

weather and race format as we used last race is fine for me.

@ David : would you please attach the downloading link for RR and Silverstone 11 to make it quick for me an everyone who does not have them :).
thanks.

Please let us know if you are pro or against allowing RR as a third alternative (or if you are neutral). If the majority are pro, a fun race on Wednesday seems like a good idea. For me it looks like it is 2-0 in favor of allowing it, if I am correct that Valter and David are pro?

Personally you can put me down as neutral, but if the majority are pro I'll definatly join the race on Wednesday (the reason I am neutral is that I am unsure if I think it is a good idea to allow a 3rd alternative at this stage or not, it has nothing to do with if I want to race it or not).

EDIT: I'm happy with/for David arranging if we include the RR as a votable alternative and do the RR fun race on Wednesday :) It is always a treat to be 100% a driver in an event :)
I am for what you say. I think the RR can turn out to have less sync problems if we are lucky. And it is a still a very fast car :)

heres a link to the FRR No Visor mod, its half way down the page.....

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1401534

peter id be happy if the same weather file is used to save hassle or we could do a 100% dry first race and 50% wet 2nd race im easy either way but having it the same file probably makes it that bit easier.;)

i see sean has linked the track and game download so thanks sean :thumbsup:

if all is good then i'll go create the thread for details and sign ups.

daniels weather file from last race will be used this time with silverstone 2011.

nico can i ask for a raceroom server with silverstone 2011 on it to practise on, i think we all know how f3000 drive now so if you could close 1 of them and we will have 1 server of each car from now until the vote that would be good, and if its fine by you :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%