Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bus Simulator 2018 1.jpg Bus Simulator 2018 2.jpg Bus Simulator 2018 4.jpg Bus Simulator 2018 5.jpg Bus Simulator 2018 3.jpg Bus Simulator 2018 6.jpg
If haulin' load or going off road isn't for you, but you still like transport sims, then Bus Simulator 18 coming this June could be just the ticket...

Ok enough of the puns, it's too easy and far to corny, let's talk about simulating a mode of transport in a game that anyone with a driving licence attempts to avoid like the plague.. especially when 6 foot 5 in height like I am..

Bus Simulator 2018 doesn't sound all that interesting on paper, but then again neither did European Truck Simulator, and look how popular that one turned out to be. Set to feature some pretty good looking graphics and plenty of real world manufacturer licences, varied weather, interactive characters and different kinds of road conditions, Bus Sim 18 could be rather cool indeed. Set in a fictional environment called Seaside Valley, and the aim of the game will be.. you guessed it, passenger transport!

Run in a sizeable map location that is broken down into distinct and varied themes, Bus Sim 2018 looks set to be a sizeable open world driving simulation with elements of event management and, perfectly, open to full community modding - this could well be one of the surprise classics of 2018... assuming it turns up on time, and isn't full of nutters who inevitably want to sit next to me...

Bus Simulator 18 has potential to be something very interesting indeed...

Bus Simulator 2018 Key Features:
  • 8 buses from 4 leading manufacturers are faithfully reproduced in meticulous detail, including the Mercedes-Benz Citaro K, Mercedes-Benz Citaro G, MAN Lion’s City bus, MAN Lion’s City CNG articulated bus, SETRA S 418 LE business, SETRA S 416 LE business, IVECO BUS Urbanway and the IVECO BUS Urbanway CNG articulated bus.
  • In real-time multiplayer mode you can drive around the 12 districts and over 5.8mi² of routes in the freely drivable urban area with up to 3 friends and therefore promote your bus service.
  • The updated progression system and the comprehensive management element, including route planning, the purchase and sale of buses, staff planning and numerous statistics will guarantee long-term game motivation.
  • For novices and pros: you can play in a simplified or a realistic mode.
  • Modding: let your imagination run wild and create routes, build your own buses, design bus liveries, create new maps and share them with the community. You can also download and install the modding content available from the Steam Workshop to enhance your game experience.
  • Support for popular steering wheels, gamepads, Tobii eye tracking and TrackIR.
  • Authentic bus sounds, extensive tutorial and passenger voiceovers in English and German to provide even more atmosphere.
  • Control your bus in different weather conditions, both day and night.
  • Customisation: fully customise your buses with different colours, patterns and advertising panels.
  • Authentically reproduced cockpits of the 4 manufacturers, equipped with numerous individual functions.
  • Smart traffic AI and a range of challenging traffic situations await you (bus station, night driving, construction sites, diversions, long-distance journeys, potholes, traffic jams, accidents and speed bumps, etc.).
  • For a complete gaming experience, a variety of incidents in the bus, e.g. interior soiling and debris, special passenger requests, fare dodgers, loud music and cars parked in designated bus bays.
  • Modern technology: The Unreal® Engine 4 provides a high level of graphic detail and stunning simulation quality.

Bus Simulator 2018 should release June 2018 for Steam PC.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to Bus Simulator 18? Are you interested in this kind of title? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Well maybe the graphics are OK but if they wanted to be sure it would be a big hit they should have a really nice multiplayer option included. Like people driving the bus along crossing routes or something. At least I think the major thing with Euro Truck Simulator is the online multiplayer mod so you drive with 3700 other bored people.

And maybe that's a bit much for driving bus lines but if it were like 64 routes or something with 64 players in one town I think it could be really fun. Now for example are people creating their virtual transport companies and with passengers you just could have it within the game as bus companies running regional or local or country wide lines. Curious though :)

As for the Bus Sim, I'd be very cautious.
New studio, and they've never done a sim before.
Squirrel (the Youtuber) has a first look video on it, and he's....A little less than impressed. ;)

I just don't get these types of games. Not hating on them, I know people enjoy them.

Well I like Combat Flightsims and Trainsims, but then Fighters/Attackers (jets and Props) and trains are cool, especially Steam locomotives. ;)
(Driving a steam loco can be like driving a Lotus 49 on the Nordschleife in the rain at times, especially if she's light on the wheels and heavy on the power......like certain Light Pacifics by a chap called Bulleid.)

As for Bombers there is only one cool Bomber type...........the Stukas, aka Divebombers!

Pop the divebrakes, throttle idle, prop maximum coarse, wing over and then come SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAMING down on them! ;) :p

Who the **** is Daniel Ricciardo? ;)

@Phillip Antonia You could say the same for Passengers in Busses or Trains, or "Patients" (read mental patients) as a train driver friend of mine calls them! ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back