WIP Bungonia, Australia - 80km

WOOHOO fellas!
I finally got a working route for the second half of Bungonia!
46380.33Km long for the second section & about 15minutes in BL'72's valiant!
Ive had a working first section for a while now but this HAS been holding me up!!
Maybe it was that I started on a pit building the other night.....
Or, maybe it's that I think Ive found a 'thing' with BTB......
For test routes in one section, the panel lengths need to be extended from 5 to 10meters or more for distances over 34/36Km's.....
Although, I had tried this a few times now, but this time it's worked!
Now the question is should I finish/do, decently, Peel & then Bung', or just jump strait to Bung'?
I might post a link in the next few hours of the 2sections.......it's still 'ribbon-in-the-sky' type of thing as well as still a pair of point-to-point jobs but Im just stoked to finally figure out a breakthrough!!!!!
Woo-Bloody-Hoooo!!!!!

Yes there is limit what you said about 5m panel lenght. But of course you can go around this by just joining ~35km road sections together... for unlimited amount :D I'm not sure how it is done, but I believe you can set small panel length separately for corners, and larger panel amount for straights. Maybe it also helps with 35km limit.

Over 40 thousand km ???

Is that right :p

D'oh!
Thats what I get for doing a cut & paste from my AIW file rather than trust the grey matter!
Good news!
Ive finally cracked it, a working near 80km circuit of Bungonia!
I finally got a viable export just over an hour ago, Ive got two intersections to finish in the pit area & a little bit of temporary terrain to fix & I'll do an Alpha Link here....
I want to get the road suface(s) right before I even look at the terrain so it'll stay basic for now until I go down the whole overlay route.
Peel is still in the works, it's my fall back when I stall with this-I did try starting it over but Im not certain whether I should or just finish off what I had & concentrate on this,,,OR, it can go on the back burner!

(Now Ive got to work out why this photo loader wont look at my jpegs!)

Bungonia Alpha!

Well here's the Alpha!
Let me know what you think of widths as well please,as Im yet to change road textures.
Once I get road textures & basic shape right I'll hopefully have a terrain overlay & then I'll tear out current terrain & marry the two together.
After that I have the 'By-pass' route & a set of 5 S-bends to link in.....
THEN, it's decoration time!
There will be plenty of tree's, fence posts, guide posts & anything else I can stick in the way!
Not to mention causeways!!
Ive tried to improve AI at intersections yet they still run wide on exit, still trying to work that out!
There is still a minimum number of track sections so rear view & shadow flicker will be present.
Ive left it like that for now as, so far, sections have re-sorted their order as Ive done the intersections & Ive left the rest until I start shaping the road.
Last of all, for some reason the Fast Line isn't showing up, it may be the road texture, the length of the track or the AI lines dodgy start....then again it may come back when I've divided the track some more ;-D.
Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy.
BLeeK

http://www.mediafire.com/file/sypu7w77q16w1mq/BungoniaTT%20Alpha_1_with_HAT.rar

PS. Grab it while you can, I'll shut the link in a week.....
EDIT: This link is dead, there's a new one on the next page

Thanks Lee, as i mentiond just then in the OACG thread, a little randomness would liven up the surface a bit.

I'm not sure if it happens to anyone else but the car seems to shudder a little, does this have something to do with the sheer size of the layout? it's not a problem once i get rolling.

Anyway, i'm liking the twisty bits in there, i hope the terrain all works out nicely and i look forward to seeing some objects in there next week :p
But seriously, it looks like a lot of potential and a lot of work - good onya for having a crack at a really interesting project!

Hey woochoo,
Im not sure what you mean by shudder.....
I'll load up the Merc' Mod shortly & go have a look to see if I can spot anything though but I haven't noticed anything yet...
Lately Ive been going strait to race, so I'll hang around the pits & see if anything happens.
I love those twisties too, the way you get suckered in to using more & more speed & suddenly there's a tight one & traveling WAY to quickly!
Hopefully it'll feel a lot better once there's proper terrain laid yet I hope it still has that speed suckering effect to some degree!
When (if ever) this is finished, the objects will mainly be tree's & fences,telephone/power poles & guide posts or armco/wire-netting.
And long, winter dead grass.....
Most houses are well of the road so they might be a rooftop behind some trees.
Windellama (the second REALLY tight intersection) these days seems to be nothing more than a Hall & tennis courts & there's not much to the hamlet of Bungonia some besides some houses, a pair of churches & a dipping bridge before a long climb out.
I think the main thing with this project will be the road & the terrain.

the shudder was only noticeable when i was sitting still. it happened in the pits and somewhere out on the road when i stopped after a spin. from that i'm assuming it would happen at any point on the circuit, and yeah, i only tried it with the Merc, cockpit view - just shuddering a few mm.

i'm happy for you to use the Longford houses/powerpoles xpacks when you get to that stage, even if it's just as place holders if you want to make up your own models. hopefully i'll have the tree/bush xpack out one day which might be useful for you.

I'd also like to say, good job on the elevations - i have no idea exactly how precise they are but it's clear that you've done a lot of work and i know it can be fiddly for a just a 7km track! it's a good fun road :cool:

OK,the shudder.....
Yes Ive got it too, but.....
I usually race in frontend/bumper/grill view & so I dont seem to notice it, although after looking for it in several Mods & circuits it is there & it does seem to be most prevalent at longer tracks like Bungonia.
One of the tracks I tested at was Longford, which seemed to happen the most minimally that Ive noticed, yet was still there (just a slight wriggle, like a humming mirror).
Which has me thinking it's part of the Mod & is supposed to give the effect of the car vibrating at idle (could anyone confirm this theory?) but is being magnified somehow by the tracks length.
Once moving it wasn't noticeable in the Merc'- I'd say -due to the wind-buffeting to the drivers head, but in the Valiant I could still see some of that shudder around the window frame top especially.....
As most people tend to sim-race in in-car view it could be something I'll need to look into at a later date.
In the meantime, I've found the perfect track for the Merc'........Mt Arrowsmith!

One thing i did notice regarding the mirrors Lee, was that some parts of the track must have VISGROUP issues, as they aren`t visible in the mirror. I think it was the same as parts of the scenery too.

I think the shaking your refering to is related to settings in the PLR file. I have some degree of head shake, but nothing excessive. Its more noticable when your doing near on 200mph though, as you might imagine.

Thanks!
I'll take that as a compliment!
Although Bungonia does seem to be more random on it's corners,
it'll be great to see how it comes together with proper terrain under it!
I'm sorta hoping for an aussie cross between old Sachsenring & old Spa....
And to think the guys who raced bikes around here in 1924 did it on bikes with virtually no suspension or brakes!

About the shudder or shaking of a car, it is caused by size of the map. Further away the car is from map origo (0,0,0) more it shakes. This is not mod or head shake settings related, just "bug" in large maps. I once tested car about 200km away from map center, and shaking was so hard that i had trouble seeing anything :D

Ive killed the last link &posted another here that Ive been fiddling with.
AI line has had some work & all road textures have been changed.
Also Ive found a working fuel figure & I cant remember if the last upload had it.
If no & you dont want to D/L again just put in 750000 in the Ai file for fuelusage
Let me know what you reckon please & enjoy!
Oh, & I still cant get the driveline to show up in game-Im thinking it's not coming through dark enough due to track distance.....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1smj5abic78q05r/BungoniaTT Alpha_2_with_HAT.rar

Well folks, Bungonia IS still happening although I am suffering a little bit of BTB-burnout at the moment from doing other folks AIW's....
Although, it has been great to share BTB folder with others to check out how they've done their tracks-which HAS put me into a bit of a conundrum as to how exactly I should go about doing my terrain.
Do I go the 'easily understandable way of 'hand-building' the terrain OR do one of those lovely zaxxon type scripts....hmmmm......
In the meantime, Ive been catching up on my SketchUp jobs & thought I'd try & share a couple of screenies to show what Im up to while having a break from BTB building.....

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

WoW!
Been a while since I was last here- sorry guys... :redface:
Not long ago started back into this project....
It now has a working 'Mini TT' of 10km's included.
Pits sheds & start semaphores have been textured & Xpacked by Ebrich- HUGE thanks mate!
Main intersections are literally half done.
Everything is pretty much place holders for now including the little terrain that is there.
Plan is the finish roadside shaping & then do terrain properly.
'Mini TT' will most likely be the finished before the main track...

[URL=http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/BLeeK_Bitz/media/Soon%20to%20be%20released/Bungonia%20GP/BungoniaNT-LegendssLane2exit_zps49ee470e.jpg.html][/URL]

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jm3z41zg2p0bf9l/Bungoniav04e_22-4-14.rar

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%